User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2023 9:52:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:
Gents. I have the opportunity to get a Bulgarian parts kit with a new us barrel and 2 receiver flats for under 450$. Is this a good price? Are those good kits?
I am not sure if it's an under folder or if it's a wood stock at this point.

How hard is it to weld the rails onto the flats? Do you need a spot welder or can I do it with a 220 mig? Anything else I should know?
View Quote
That is a killer deal and I will take it of you don't want it. Many AK guys hate on US bbls but nothing wrong with them imho. Spot weld is best but if you are creative and can reach it a plug weld will work. I prefer to buy 80's with the rails already in and proper markings done.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 10:25:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thanks.

I haven't looked into 80%'s .
View Quote
I have used both Recreator Blanks and Childers and like both with the edge to RB
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By OG1:
I have used both Recreator Blanks and Childers and like both with the edge to RB
View Quote
the only 80's that you'll find now IIRC are the next batch that AoA is bringing in next month.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 1:28:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By K1rodeoboater:
the only 80's that you'll find now IIRC are the next batch that AoA is bringing in next month.
View Quote
I have been out of building a while now. That is sad.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 8:08:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:01:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CPT_CAVEMAN] [#7]

AoA?

What special tools will I need to finish an 80?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By K1rodeoboater:
Originally Posted By OG1:

AoA?

What special tools will I need to finish an 80?

Arms of America

I'm guessing your flats have holes already drilled, so you'll need the flat press and a welder to install the rails if it doesn't have them. You'll also need a drill and a press or tothtools or the tools at AoA to populate and install the barrel, and also the rivets.  

AK builder offers a service to populate and headspace your barrel. If you only plan on doing one it might be worth it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:17:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top