Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/30/2023 10:36:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunswest]
Tela-Impex out of Florida is importing new manufacture 5.45x39 ammo from Azerbaijan.   You can get it for 0.80 per round.  The link might not work from this page but you should be able to copy & paste into your browser, or google it.    

When you get to the page a banner pops up about the new source for 5.45x39.  It is being listed on the Ammo Seek search engine, and their 7.62x39 ammo has had tests posted on youtube.  So the ammo source appears legitimate.

https://www.telaimpex.com/
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:10:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#1]
$30 a box of 20 rounds. Ouch.

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:18:20 AM EDT
[#2]
And... the link is dead
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 11:18:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunswest] [#3]
No the link is alive, you gotta copy and paste the link into your browser, or google the page online.  Its only dead from AR15.com

Here it is for $0.80 per round from Outdoor Limited link below, free shipping.  Available from other dealers too

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/5-45-x-39mm-ammo/telaammo-5-45x39mm-ammunition-steel-case-tela54539-65-grain-full-metal-jacket-case-1500-rounds/

John D. Rockefeller said competition is a sin.  Wrong, competition is a virtue, hopefully other sources step up in future.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 3:24:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Man, I feel sorry any that committed to theAK74ish platforms not so long ago
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 3:28:25 AM EDT
[#5]
You can get 7n6 at $1 round. Not ideal but I’ll get that before this at $1 a round.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 5:32:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StillGonnaSendIt:
You can get 7n6 at $1 round. Not ideal but I’ll get that before this at $1 a round.
View Quote

where do you find buyers of 7n6 for $1/rnd? asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 5:55:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By NWRed:

View Quote

I don’t sell it but on gunbroker and arms list it goes for .90-$1 a round. Not ideal but it’s available.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#8]

I don’t sell it but on gunbroker and arms list it goes for .90-$1 a round. Not ideal but it’s available.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It’s LISTED for .90 to $1 but it’s SELLING for about .65 max on the local forums and here on arfcom pretty regularly.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 7:07:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunswest] [#9]
You can get Hornady Black for $1 per round, just sayin.   The new Tela non corrosive can be had for $0.80 with free shipping if you buy bulk.  I'll wait and see if there are any tests before I bite on it.  

I'll shoot 7.62x54 corrosive ammo in my M39 no problem.   In the AK and other platforms I enjoy NOT having to clean it right away after shooting and not cleaning every time I shoot.  I stocked up during Obamamania etc so I'm good with non-corrosive 5.45x39 for a while.  I've avoided 7N6 so far no reason to start shooting it now.

Some guy posted that 2 months ago he visited PSA and they said someday they will be producing 5.45, we'll see if that ever happens.   Perhaps if we get a change in Washington and suddenly peace breaks out and there's a lot of surplus 5.45 available to sell to the West, the situation could reverse.

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:55:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#10]
Originally Posted By Gunswest:
You can get Hornady Black for $1 per round, just sayin.   The new Tela non corrosive can be had for $0.80 with free shipping if you buy bulk.  I'll wait and see if there are any tests before I bite on it.  

I'll shoot 7.62x54 corrosive ammo in my M39 no problem.   In the AK and other platforms I enjoy NOT having to clean it right away after shooting and not cleaning every time I shoot.  I stocked up during Obamamania etc so I'm good with non-corrosive 5.45x39 for a while.  I've avoided 7N6 so far no reason to start shooting it now.

Some guy posted that 2 months ago he visited PSA and they said someday they will be producing 5.45, we'll see if that ever happens.   Perhaps if we get a change in Washington and suddenly peace breaks out and there's a lot of surplus 5.45 available to sell to the West, the situation could reverse.

View Quote

Unless Russia loses in Ukraine or gives up/economy falls there will not be any more 5.45 as Ukraine and the pro-western countries that made it such as Bulgaria are swapping over to the future/NATO standard in 5.56

It’s banned overall as an ammo on top of the sanctions for Russia. Even with “peace” it wont be coming in.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 3:35:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunswest] [#11]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

Unless Russia loses in Ukraine or gives up/economy falls there will not be any more 5.45 as Ukraine and the pro-western countries that made it such as Bulgaria are swapping over to the future/NATO standard in 5.56

It’s banned overall as an ammo on top of the sanctions for Russia. Even with “peace” it wont be coming in.
View Quote

There is more 5.45x39 which was the whole point of my original post breaking news on this forum .  I personally see that as very good news to shooters of AK-74s.   But apparently people seem to want to talk about 7N6.   That was actually banned in 2014:  

Gun Digest October 21, 2021, PSA Tooling Up For Domestic Steel-Cased Ammo Production  "Russian-made military 5.45 packed in spam cans was the norm, and it was cheap too. This was the golden era of being an American AK-74 owner, but unfortunately, the party came to an end when a company without foresight sought importation approval for a 5.45 AK pistol from the ATF. Permission was granted, but it simultaneously recategorized 7n6 as “armor-piercing pistol ammo”, instantly banning it from further importation. While imported 7n6 may never come again, nothing is stopping domestic producers from mimicking the load."

I hope PSA comes on line with their stuff.   Happy New Year
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 7:46:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: recon] [#12]
Telaammo 5.45x39 Ammunition- 300 Rounds. $216.00

https://atlanticfirearms.com/telaammo-5-45x39
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 8:03:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Here's a video from Atlantic Firearms trying the new 5.45x39, it runs and hits the steel.

https://youtu.be/Uqqt2MgdSws?t=111
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 9:38:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Some people on Youtube are reporting that the TelaAmmo may be corrosive even though the box says not.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 1:17:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Gunswest:
Some people on Youtube are reporting that the TelaAmmo may be corrosive even though the box says not.
View Quote

Of course it is! It took Russia years to figure out the American consumer expects non-corrosive ammunition.

There is no way a company brand new to the American commercial market is going to make any effort to actually use non-corrosive primers in its first few batches of ammo.

Same thing happened with the BVA ammo in 7.62x39.

Oh you want us to write Non-corrosive on the box? Sure comrade!
Whatever that means.

Primers are corrosive in military ammunition in the former Soviet Bloc. They can't understand it is uncommon in the U,S, and expect everyone to know how to properly clean their guns after shooting.

Why Atlantic or any other company takes the word of a foreign manufacturer without testing it themselves is beyond me. They have been burned so many times by this and keep doing it!
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 2:09:34 AM EDT
[#17]
I guess we'll find out in a couple of days won't we :D

IMG_1282 by Buffman RANGE, on Flickr

Link Posted: 1/13/2024 4:28:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Buffman_LT1:
I guess we'll find out in a couple of days won't we :D

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53460628733_64a4ee5ee8_z.jpgIMG_1282 by Buffman RANGE, on Flickr

View Quote

@Buffman_LT1

I assume you are setting off the primers with the case over the nail?  What are you using to set off the primers?
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#19]

@Buffman_LT1

I assume you are setting off the primers with the case over the nail?  What are you using to set off the primers?
View Quote

a transfer punch and a hammer :D I normally would pull the bolt out of one of my AKs, but I didn't want to get them out.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:46:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Buffman_LT1] [#20]
Not sure shorts embed? The stuff I received is corrosive :O

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/uNEv4Sdysn4

[youtube]shorts/uNEv4Sdysn4[/youtube]
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 8:44:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunswest] [#21]
Because it gets exported to America we label it as "non-corrosive"
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#22]
@ATLANTIC-FIREARMS

Have you contacted Tela for an explanation for the corrosive primers?

I was very suspicious of this ammo and it seems I was correct.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I’m not greatly bothered by corrosive ammo but they need to price it appropriately as a corrosive primered round with a boring commercial bullet, and not the expensive premium BS they’ve got it marked up as.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 11:13:53 PM EDT
[#24]
They need to remove the label that says "Non-corrosive".   Tell the Azerbaijanis that the jig is up, we're onto them now, didn't take long with some rusted gas tubes and some home testing to figure it out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 4:04:34 PM EDT
[#25]
there is GT Vympel 5.45 on gunbroker right now for $699/1000 shipped.

I think I'd get that before this questionable, more expensive, stuff.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top