Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2024 12:30:37 PM EDT
Resilient Putnik AK Suppressor: First Look and Unboxing

It’s a big boy, but it’s pretty impressive so far!
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 4:47:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#1]
I just never understood why AK suppressors have to be so heavy.

Why can't anyone make a suppressor for an AK that's 12ish oz like a Turbo T3 or a Griffin Explorr 300.

20 oz suppressors are so last decade.

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dmk0210:

Why can't anyone make a suppressor for an AK that's 12ish oz like a Turbo T3 or a Griffin Explorr 300.

View Quote
The easy solution is to just to use one of those light western suppressors you mentioned instead of being pandered to by the US AK suppressor makers
I guess the marketing is strong, and people think you can't use western models on the average AK

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Ooooof
This guy had his can blow up twice. Once at 90 rounds which they repaired quickly, and then again when he tested it after getting it back, at 160 rounds

Skip to 5:58, he actually got the second blow up on camera. He gives them a lot of praise for customer service (and I don't know anything about them) but twice kinda makes me not interested
Resilient Suppressors PUTNIK - Arsenal SLR104UR Review

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:45:35 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

Yeah, would be nice if it was a little lighter. Still, on a short gun it’s really not bad.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TX-Zen:
Ooooof
This guy had his can blow up twice. Once at 90 rounds which they repaired quickly, and then again when he tested it after getting it back, at 160 rounds

Skip to 5:58, he actually got the second blow up on camera. He gives them a lot of praise for customer service (and I don't know anything about them) but twice kinda makes me not interested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnAU5b8cciw
View Quote

Interesting! I wonder if his was one of the early ones with the poor welds they recalled. I’ll keep running mine hard for the full review.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:14:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 47Under] [#6]
I was interested in one until I seen the video of him damaging 2 of them. So I ordered a Wolverine this weekend for my WPB mini jack. Not much lighter than  the Putnik but I don't see a lot of videos of Wolverines busting welds.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 1:55:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 47Under:
I was interested in one until I seen the video of him damaging 2 of them. So I ordered a Wolverine this weekend for my WPB mini jack. Not much lighter than  the Putnik but I don't see a lot of videos of Wolverines busting welds.
View Quote

The Wolverine is between an ounce lighter to a few ounces heavier depending on the mount, from the specs I’m seeing. I’ve got a buddy with the Wolverine so hopefully I can test them together.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Ooooof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnAU5b8cciw
View Quote

OOF indeed, so maybe instead of the Putnik they should call it the Kaputnik?
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Dragynn:

View Quote

Veeery niiiice!
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Dragynn:

View Quote

But its got "resilient" in the name.  Thats how you know its good.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

This one is an inspired "clone" from the Zenitco Putnik.  That's the only reason she thicc.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 1:10:07 PM EDT
[#12]
The recoil mitigation is crazy. Makes it shoot like a well tuned .300blk AR.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:52:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#13]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:
The recoil mitigation is crazy. Makes it shoot like a well tuned .300blk AR.
View Quote
I have seen that commented on quite a bit with this can.

It's probably due to the almost 1lb and a half of weight added to the rifle!

Seriously, I bet that much weight on the end of the barrel does a lot to counter muzzle rise.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:04:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I have seen that commented on quite a bit with this can.

It's probably due to the almost 1lb and a half of weight added to the rifle!

Seriously, I bet that much weight on the end of the barrel does a lot to counter muzzle rise.

View Quote

I weighed my thread adapter, muzzle device, and MG7K and the weight is about the same as the Putnik—and the MG7k exhibits notably more recoil.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:41:11 AM EDT
[#15]

I weighed my thread adapter, muzzle device, and MG7K and the weight is about the same as the Putnik and the MG7k exhibits notably more recoil.
View Quote
Interesting about the weight of the MG7. You could get that a bit lighter with a JMac X37 instead of a muzzle device and adapter.

It does appear the Putnik has brake like features at the end.  DA and Sico also have that functionality (Brake end caps) for some of their cans.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Interesting about the weight of the MG7. You could get that a bit lighter with a JMac X37 instead of a muzzle device and adapter.

It does appear the Putnik has brake like features at the end.  DA and Sico also have that functionality (Brake end caps) for some of their cans.
View Quote

Yeah, reminds me of the the KGM cans. I ran the Ebrake on my MG7K (modified by Ecco machine to run DA end caps) and it still wasn’t as effective as the Putnik
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Yeah, reminds me of the the KGM cans. I ran the Ebrake on my MG7K (modified by Ecco machine to run DA end caps) and it still wasn't as effective as the Putnik
View Quote
Cool mod!

I wonder what Resilient's secret sauce is?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Cool mod!

I wonder what Resilient's secret sauce is?
View Quote

The King of Silence, Improved: Rex MG7K Mod Ecco

It really is a slick setup now. But back on topic, my guess is the huge amount of displacement in the Putnik may have something to do with it. It’s definitely got a sleeve over the baffles, might be some flow-through type stuff going on in it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:19:04 AM EDT
[#19]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k3gSwKOwmI

It really is a slick setup now. But back on topic, my guess is the huge amount of displacement in the Putnik may have something to do with it. It's definitely got a sleeve over the baffles, might be some flow-through type stuff going on in it.
View Quote
TLDW, what was the mod?  DA end caps?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:34:43 PM EDT
[#20]
TLDW, what was the mod?  DA end caps?
View Quote

Yup, chopped/threaded for them, and a recoat in moly resin.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Yup, chopped/threaded for them, and a recoat in moly resin.
View Quote
Cool.

Ecco does nice work.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

They do. It's call the HUXWRX Flow 762Ti

I have one on order. Once my shop gets it, I will submit the form 4 and hopefully post a report this summer.
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:50:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#23]
Originally Posted By themao:

I have one on order. Once my shop gets it, I will submit the form 4 and hopefully post a report this summer.
View Quote
I'd like to get one of those. I have the older Ti HXQDs in 556 and 762. The Flow is quite a bit lighter. They are pricy though. Like $1500 after tax stamp. I'm hoping for a discount around Memorial day or the 4th.

And I believe HuxWrx is the only suppressor manufacturer that makes proper AK QD taper mounts.
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I have a Ti 7.62 and freakin love it, and recently bought a flow 556 to see what it was all about even though its not titanium

Also, does anyone have a Putnik who's just a shooter and not a guy doing a deliberate review?

Link Posted: Yesterday 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a Ti 7.62 and freakin love it, and recently bought a flow 556 to see what it was all about even though its not titanium

Also, does anyone have a Putnik who's just a shooter and not a guy doing a deliberate review?

View Quote

I have a Putnik, I've only been able to shoot a mag through it on a PSA 103. I'm hoping to get to try it out maybe this weekend on a couple rifles. Seemed to have minimal blow back as a shooter, but it is a chunk on the end of a barrel. I did notice some blow by residue on the rear seam of the can, which I'll keep an eye on during the next range session.
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:35:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By CanvasBack:

I have a Putnik, I've only been able to shoot a mag through it on a PSA 103. I'm hoping to get to try it out maybe this weekend on a couple rifles. Seemed to have minimal blow back as a shooter, but it is a chunk on the end of a barrel. I did notice some blow by residue on the rear seam of the can, which I'll keep an eye on during the next range session.
View Quote
Where at in Texas? I'm SW of Houston headed toward Victoria

Link Posted: Yesterday 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Where at in Texas? I'm SW of Houston headed toward Victoria

View Quote

I'm up the I45 corridor between Dallas and Houston, about halfway.
Link Posted: Today 7:44:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By CanvasBack:

I'm up the I45 corridor between Dallas and Houston, about halfway.
View Quote
I work up in the Woodlands on a regular basis but as a Texan working in the oilfield driving is just a part of life, and halfway to Dallas is basically next door as far as Texas goes

If you're open to it, maybe we can meet somewhere convenient for you so I can take a look at it first hand? If that's being too pushy of course feel free to tell me to F-off. That's a perfectly Texan response and I'm good with it

Link Posted: Today 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#29]
I’m hoping to borrow one of my buddy’s 16” AKs with 24x1.5 threads so I can run the Putnik on a longer barrel. It’s not bad on a shorty but I could see it being a bit of an anchor further out.
Link Posted: Today 9:06:14 AM EDT
[#30]
I work up in the Woodlands on a regular basis but as a Texan working in the oilfield driving is just a part of life, and halfway to Dallas is basically next door as far as Texas goes

If you're open to it, maybe we can meet somewhere convenient for you so I can take a look at it first hand? If that's being too pushy of course feel free to tell me to F-off. That's a perfectly Texan response and I'm good with it

View Quote

PM sent
Link Posted: Today 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#31]
I’m hoping to borrow one of my buddy’s 16” AKs with 24x1.5 threads so I can run the Putnik on a longer barrel. It’s not bad on a shorty but I could see it being a bit of an anchor further out.
View Quote

Yeah, it's pretty hefty on a 16" rifle. I've put it on a sam 7k, and that made for a much handier package.
Link Posted: Today 12:25:12 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Yeah, heavy suppressors suck on longer barrels.  It's like a weight on the end of a long pendulum. The weight has a lot of leverage working against you.  When you swing the rifle from one target to another, it's harder to stop the momentum of that weight.

On a shorter barrel, the weight has less leverage to work against you.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top