Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/29/2023 10:26:16 AM EDT
I just purchased a GF3 AK103. Approximately 15 years ago I bought my first AK, which was made by the now defunct Vector Arms. Good rifle, but I ended up having to sell it along the line. So basically I'm an AK newb. I am aware of Rob Ski and his youtube channel. What I am seeking, is reference material to make a deep dive into the world of the AK, or everything I need to know and be aware of concerning the use of my new AK. I have purchased the Magnamatic sight pusher, Bulgy steel reinforced mags along with the PSA circle ten copied mags. Just need to be pointed in the right direction for good, solid information.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Check if your carrier is hanging up on the hammer "hump". That's some smoothing out that will be needed. Rail polishing and sight adjustment.

Break in period must be done. 500-1000 rounds.

Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on your new PSA AK, they are very good rifles. In the past two years I acquired several PSA AK's, and all have functioned well. Their customer service is very good also in case you ever need it.
Their new 100 series line has me liking them even more, I have two 101's and two 102's, hopefully I can stop there?
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:56:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Shoot the heck out of it. After that, shoot it some more. After that, sbr it and get a can. After that, shoot it a lot more.

Oh, and buy a ton of ammo...
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Georgian87:
I just purchased a GF3 AK103. Approximately 15 years ago I bought my first AK, which was made by the now defunct Vector Arms. Good rifle, but I ended up having to sell it along the line. So basically I'm an AK newb. I am aware of Rob Ski and his youtube channel. What I am seeking, is reference material to make a deep dive into the world of the AK, or everything I need to know and be aware of concerning the use of my new AK. I have purchased the Magnamatic sight pusher, Bulgy steel reinforced mags along with the PSA circle ten copied mags. Just need to be pointed in the right direction for good, solid information.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
View Quote

I don’t think PSA makes a GF3 AK-103. You probably have an AK-103 Premium grade that has the FN Chrome lined barrel, but not the ALG trigger that GF5 has. Something in the middle, but a great rifle.

Good choice on the Magnamatic sight pusher, but be aware it is made for AK47/AKM front sight blocks. The AK-100 series front sight blocks have different dimensions and using that pusher can be limited.

All the mags you mentioned are good to go.

Of all the PSA AKs, the 103 is one of the best… even though it’s not clone correct.
Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top