Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/30/2021 4:11:06 PM EDT
Anyone buy one of the new 7.62 wasrs with the black polymer stock,grip and hand guards. I thought about buying a couple while we still can but I see they shaved the bayo lug and have what appears to be some crappy polymer furniture. I always ditched the cheap, balsa like wood and would do the same with the new poly furniture. I was just wondering if they ave changed anything else or if they’re the same old dirty whores.
Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one in the past (with the bayonet  lug)
overall it was excellent,  only small gripe was the original magazine catch was a little bit loose for my liking, so I drilled out the rivet installed a extended MC and file fit to the magazine selection I had a hand.
after that it was perfect nice tight mag well.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 11:45:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought two. One is fine, the other has a severely canted gas block.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 10:07:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought mine from Atlantic and am pleased with what I got. Haven't shot it yet but changed the furniture out.

Link Posted: 10/20/2021 3:36:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tony6171991] [#4]
I bought a WASR-10 back in 2019 and shoots fairly well for an AK. This my only AK. I bought and refinished a Romanian  wood furniture. I also replaced the shepherd’s hook with a retainer plate instead.

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked mine up in march 2020 2 hours before my ffl closed its doors for the initial covid lockdown.

I believe its a 2019 dated wasr and to date has 1100 rds through it and its been rock solid. Swapped the balsa wood for some surplus Bulgarian 74 wood from apex and never looked back. Sights are pretty centered. I had an origional wasr about 10 years ago and i would say the finish is better on this new production model.

I say pick one up if available and swap the furniture and blast away.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 7:36:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought one from Atlantic after hearing how the newer WASRs were built so much better than the old 10/63s. Bullshit. FSB was severely canted to the left and gas block severely canted to the right. I doubt the rifle would be able to be zeroed the FSB was so canted.Plastic furniture is jokingly bad. Same old WASR and Century crap.

Atlantic took it back and promptly refunded me but wouldn't do an exchange for a straight one. Oh well, I found a nice SAR1 shortly after.

My advice, try to buy in person and give it a thorough inspection before buying or accepting transfer.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 8:54:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ahrion] [#8]
Removing the stock was a huge PITA. It wouldn't mallot out so I has to take a Dremel to remove it. The polymer melted in seconds . I then had to drill into the stock right under the rear trunnion and then melt with a heat gun in the middle of where I drilled so there was enough melted that the stock would just pull off easily.

I agree with the poster above though. My FSB was a little canted and I needed to rethread the FSB sight hole
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top