Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2023 7:12:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nirvana]
Today I found a 85M folder with the box and 2 mags, I would like to fill in the slots. I need a bayo and sling..cleaning kit , scraper, anything else that came in the factory box.  
  Are these hard to find?   I got the ak from the original owner and it is super clean (mint). He said only 15 rds fired through it....and it shows.  Quite happy with it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#1]
PM sent. I have some of what you're looking for.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:19:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Those are getting harder to find now that people know what they are (closest commercially available full factory / numbers matching AKM copy).  Great find.  Slap on russian furniture and change of the gas tube and you basically have a russian AKM.  I have a fixed and a folder done up with russian furniture etc.  and have no plans to sell either.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Outstanding find OP, some of the best AK's ever made.

Slings are still out there, I have one, but getting harder to find, they are unusual, lighter colored leather. Bayo I don't know even where to begin.

Is it an SA-85 with pistol grip or the ban model? Also, standard or weird gas tube?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:20:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dragynn:

Slings are still out there, I have one, but getting harder to find, they are unusual, lighter colored leather. Bayo I don't know even where to begin.

Is it an SA-85 with pistol grip or the ban model? Also, standard or weird gas tube?
View Quote

It is a pre ban folder, I am new to this akm and I don't know the difference in the gas tubes..

I will send you a pic if you want to post it for me
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:44:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By nirvana:

It is a pre ban folder, I am new to this akm and I don't know the difference in the gas tubes..

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dragynn:

This is the best pic I could find doing an internet search.  The gas tube, piston length, and gas block location on barrel are AMD-65 length so the gas tube sticks out less than an inch from the end of the hanguard.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:50:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Wespe:

This is the best pic I could find doing an internet search.  The gas tube, piston length, and gas block location on barrel are AMD-65 length so the gas tube sticks out less than an inch from the end of the hanguard.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20524/65D3775C-BBB9-453D-97E0-EAD33C134943_jpe-3198145.JPG
View Quote

No, it is longer. actually matches my norinco style
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:40:32 PM EDT
[#7]

No, it is longer. actually matches my norinco style
View Quote

That's the more desirable version, mine is the same way. Nice score man!
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top