Found some kind of local for $7/box.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:25:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyMetal] [#1]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:25:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:51:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Good stuff, shot a bunch back in the day, still have a few boxes somewhere. Good price in today's market, especially since that ammo is desirable to some collectors, have seen it go for over 11 bucks a box back when regular AK ammo was 200-300 a case.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a good drive, so I am waiting to hear how much he has to see if it's worth my time and gas .

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:26:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dragynn] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:
It's a good drive, so I am waiting to hear how much he has to see if it's worth my time and gas .

View Quote

From that pic looks like he has at least 30-35 boxes. I'd snag it if not too crazy far.

ETA: Dude, i'm seeing 20-25 bucks a box online at the few places that have any, go buy that stuff and throw a few boxes on GB, make sure and call it "vintage", the Redditors will fall all over themselves for it and you'll make all your money back and have free ammo, lol.

Cripes, I may to dig out my stash and sell it if people are paying that much.

*neckbearding urge intensifies*

Well can't find my yellow box stuff just yet but found 10 boxes of the green/white box stuff, both FMJ and some SP's, doesn't seem to be as common as the yellow or green box stuff, have to do some research I guess, looks like this (not my pic):

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:06:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the same vintage Norinco 7.92x39 ammo execpt for it's in a green box instead of yellow. What's the difference?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TW200:
I have the same vintage Norinco 7.92x39 ammo execpt for it's in a green box instead of yellow. What's the difference?
View Quote

They make it in a silver box too in addition to those two and the green/white I have. And maybe a white box too.

They also make it in a red box, and the only the I know about the differences is that the red box stuff is the newest.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:55:25 AM EDT
[#8]
People seem to think it’s armor piercing and think it’s desirable. It’s just generic blasting ammo in my opinion. I remember when it was Pennie’s per round
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Curmudgeon762:
People seem to think it's armor piercing and think it's desirable. It's just generic blasting ammo in my opinion. I remember when it was Pennie's per round
View Quote
It may not shoot through armor plate, but it will punch cold roll steel like a laser.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:52:43 PM EDT
[#11]
People seem to think it’s armor piercing and think it’s desirable. It’s just generic blasting ammo in my opinion. I remember when it was Pennie’s per round
View Quote

Agreed, I bought 2,000 of S&B for $1.80 a box at that time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:07:04 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Yep, I cut a round open back in the day, the little steel core is about the consistency of fencing wire, very mild, not AP.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:45:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyMetal] [#13]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Guy ended up ghosting me after I responded asking how many boxes he had. Oh well, it was a  mile drive. Only worth it for at least 1k if not 2k rounds.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:

It’s purpose wasn’t to penetrate, it was to displace more expensive lead with cheaper steel.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure everybody understands that, I haven't heard anybody refer to it as "AP" in like 25 years or better, other than ATF retards of course.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top