Link Posted: 12/16/2023 9:06:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd sample it.

Im probably more interested in 54R
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#3]
This should be an eye opener for everyone thinking the prices were going to drop. It’s US made but at .45 per round for steel case.

Imported Belom, Serbian Igman, and Hungarian MFS all brass case reloadable is .42-.44 shipped per round.

Link Posted: 1/6/2024 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:
This should be an eye opener for everyone thinking the prices were going to drop. It’s US made but at .45 per round for steel case.

Imported Belom, Serbian Igman, and Hungarian MFS all brass case reloadable is .42-.44 shipped per round.

View Quote

Ammo is like oil, in that political pressures and wars affect it, not just production and material costs. Adding more to the commercial market will lower prices, but it won't happen overnight, it will take six months to a year, maybe longer. All of the initial purchasers will have to fill their stocks first, until such time  as it takes for the market to get saturated, where the ammo is sitting on shelves and not moving.

Then, the next step in the price decrease, will come when the war in Ukraine is over, and any nations that still use 7.63x39 and 5.45x39 have their orders filled. There will be a buildup in militaries surrounding Russia. Then that when the foreign ammo starts being imported again, you'll see another, larger price drop.

Lastly, US politics. If we get a Republican president and control the house or the senate, we'll see a relaxation in the attacks on the firearms industry in taxes and regulations. That, barring any more major wars with nations that use Russian calibers, will see another price drop, and we can see normalization of cost for a few years. We might get steel cased down in the .27c to .30c realm.

Here's the thing. I'll buy 1,000 rds of the steel, but I'm setting up to load brass cased 7.62x39 again for HD/ SHTF. The old Winchester 123gr hunting bullets were excellent and very accurate when a good load development was done. You can load for about 30% of the cost of factory ammo, even at today's component costs.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:27:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Remember this stuff is Boxer primed.

Steel reloads just like brass for me.

Loaded thousands of Wolf .223 steel cases when they were boxer primed.

40S&W and 45 ACP too.

I can't wait for it to become available in large quantities.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Miss them days of boxer primed steel case 223
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#7]
American Made 7.62x39! | FMJ and Sabre Blade Black Tip
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Hit their website today. I grabbed 400 rounds to try out

Aac 762x39
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#9]
$450 a case.

Right in line with current rate…..which is fine. The more the better,

The funny thing is everyone was fantasizing g about $250 cases when they heard “PSA”.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#10]
This will bring down Russian ammo if the PSA stuff is decent.  I will always buy domestic if the price is close to the import stuff.  I only have an ammo fort of imported ammo as it was cheap enough to do so.  With PSA, I don't have to worry if the primers are corrosive or if it has a metal jacket.  While I would prefer $250, I'm hoping for under $400 sales to hit.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:
$450 a case.

Right in line with current rate…..which is fine. The more the better,

The funny thing is everyone was fantasizing g about $250 cases when they heard “PSA”.
View Quote

I think everyone was worried about $650+ a case.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome to see it available. I'm not in the market to buy at the moment, but another 3 months I'll start buying it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:06:43 PM EDT
[#13]
My plan is to test this weekend

US Made Steel Case 7.62x39mm, Soviet Arms #762x39mm #ak47 #sovietarms #shorts

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top