Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2023 1:43:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: crazysarge16]
I’ve recently gotten back into AK and traded into a PSA AK105 which so far I’m loving.

Decided I wanted to change it up some and ordered a Bulgarian 4.5 triangle folder from Soviet stocks and went to install it.

First problem I had was the PSA side folding pin wouldn’t fit into the Bulgarian. So I slowly sanded it by putting it in a drill and running it in wet sandpaper.

Got it to fit now, and had the Bulgarian stock installed and it locked up fine. Then took it to the range, fired around 60 rounds, and noticed it felt loose and then wouldn’t stay locked open.

Take it home, start fiddling with it and researching online. Read that the stock tightness was possible  attributed to the two set screws PSA used. I check my top one, it’s gtg (so far as I can tell I’m an AK newb on side folders) but go to check bottom and the set screw is not there…..at all. I started looking around and notice it was lodged by the trigger components. Gun still fired so idk if it happened after I was done or what.

After what felt like an eternity, I got it back in and the slop in the stock is gone but my Bulgarian stock won’t latch anymore.

What other options do I have? Do I need to send into PSA to take a look at? (@palmettostateamory)

Is it my Bulgarian stock? I’m thinking not as it was working just fine before I went to the range.  I placed the factory stock back on and it locks up but the first few times I tested it after installing it back it didn’t want to lock either. Took me pushing onto the stock to get it to work correctly. Just trying to rule that out.

Here is a picture of what it looks like now when the Bulgarian side folder is installed. Seems like the latch doesn’t want to engage anymore.

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top