Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2023 11:13:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DoorKicker]
First this is not a bash on PSA and their AK rifles.  I have 5 total and the other 4 have been perfect out of the box.

I am going to be sending the rifle in for repair, I just wanted to make sure its not just an easy fix before I send it back

Right out the gate, the first round fired but the case stuck in the chamber and the bolt was locked partially forward.
I was able to clear the weapon, but the next round same thing.
I continued this process with the same results.  One shot = a stoppage.

Sometimes when I cleared the stoppage, the bolt would lock open as well and I had to push it closed.

I tried the same magazines and ammo in my other PSA AKs with zzero issues.

Note: the cases didn't seem to be deformed once I pulled them out but obviously I didnt measure them with a micrometer or anything like that.
Ammo was Tula steel case if that makes a difference, but like I said, same ammo worked in all other PSA Aks..

What could be the cause?

TIA
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:32:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds to me like out of spec or rough chamber
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 10:11:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:

If you PM me your order number, we can bring it in and get it fixed.

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote

Thanks, I'll have it shipped back tomorrow
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 12:54:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Got an email that my Gas Tube and Bolt have been replaced, test fired with brass and steel case ammo and shipped out.
Should be here Tuesday the 18th

Hope they fixed it, have no reason to think they didn't.  

Range report to follow
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 11:43:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DoorKicker:
Got an email that my Gas Tube and Bolt have been replaced, test fired with brass and steel case ammo and shipped out.
Should be here Tuesday the 18th

Hope they fixed it, have no reason to think they didn't.  

Range report to follow
View Quote

Looking forward to it
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Got my PSAK 103K back a few days ago and was able to test fire it today.

I was able to fire a quick 180 rounds without a hickup. I am happy.

Changed out the bolt and the gas tube, according to their email. Not sure what the problem was with the original bolt and gas tube, but whatever it was, swapping out new parts worked.

I know it is a PITA when a new gun wont function properly right out of the box, or anytime for that matter, but PSA stands behind their product and I am good with that.

Happy owner of 2 Romanian kit GF3s, a Spiker, a GF5 side folder, and this 103-K.
Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top