Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2020 4:16:13 AM EDT
do anyone have any info on the more recent pioneer arms polish akm's?
heard they parted ways with IO and they supposedly got their act together. Thinking about picking one up as a beater after talking to a local dealer, just wanting to know if there is any validity to what theyre saying.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#1]
They better distance themselves faaaaaar from IO, IO is the vulcan arms of AK’s
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#2]
They looked pretty nice in the SHOT Show videos. They went through painstaking detail with their quality control process.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#3]
well so far so good. got a could hundred rounds thru it and all seems well so far. the tail has the slightest of deformation, but i mean just barely.
All wear is looking good including the locking lugs. front trunion seems to be of better quality than videos ive seen and the magwell seems to hold all my mags good except a tapco which can be forced but its tight.
will put some more rounds thru it and then check headspace. if it hasnt moved, then im gonna run the hell out of it and keep an eye on the headspace.

all in all after the first couple hundred rounds it seems ok for a very budget gun.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I am glad you are happy with your AK. I bought a Pioneer Arms Ak converted by James River Armory from Atlantic Firearms and I am not happy. The rifle came with a cast front trunnion and the front trunnion rivets are pushed in with the barrel installed in the front trunnion first. I can't even bring myself to sell this POS to someone.
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top