Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2024 4:42:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DoorKicker]
I have become obsessed with Hungarian AKMs and have managed to gather a few together.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:52:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!

I always loved how they did the forward hand grip.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 5:09:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
Nice!
I always loved how they did the forward hand grip.
View Quote

Ironically, I did not like the forward grip when I first saw them years ago at the fun shows.  Back when they were cheap.
I hate to think about how many I passed on, only to pay way too much for them now.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DoorKicker:

Ironically, I did not like the forward grip when I first saw them years ago at the fun shows.  Back when they were cheap.
I hate to think about how many I passed on, only to pay way too much for them now.
View Quote

$78 kits were what they were going for back in the day.

They make nice compact truck guns. Also fun making nice balls of fire at night.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Love it, I want one!
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:02:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancat] [#5]
I remember the cheap $399 FEG factory guns about ten years back that I was too broke to grab at the time.

Iirc as soon as those were done FEG had shut down.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I really like that light blonde wood AKM. Nice collection
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:58:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#7]

View Quote
Yeah, I didn't like them when I first saw them either. But they've grown on me.

I think at first I was all about the iconic AKM look. Now after being into AKs for a few decades I find the the classic AKM a little boring and I like the more unique and oddball AK variants more.

I remember the old Shotgun News days when there were all sorts of weird AK variants going for cheap. Nobody wanted the oddballs back then.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:22:06 AM EDT
[#8]
One of my favorite SBRs. Got a lot of attention at the indoor range

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:32:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Op, freaking beautiful man. Just beautiful. I'm a sucker for a folder. Nice collection.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 5:33:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By derwood67:
One of my favorite SBRs. Got a lot of attention at the indoor range

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276315/IMG_2349_png-3184692.JPG
View Quote

WOW I don't think I have ever shot mine inside or even at night for that matter...
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:28:01 AM EDT
[#11]
the Hungarians back in the day were probably some of the nicest AKs to ever hit the market (I'm talking early 90s). Only problem for me was, the wood was too nice, and would grey with shooting, so I never wanted to shoot them.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#12]
They make excellent home defense guns too! The last thing the criminal sees is a VERY bright flash of light producing instant blindness; followed milliseconds later by the sledgehammer impact of 7.62x39 round starting to bore through his body; followed by third-degree burns as the muzzle blast hits him; followed by ear-splitting boom that, if he survives the bullet, should give him permanent tinnitus to add to the substantial & permanent hearing loss and blindness; and finally adding insult to injury, he's hit in the face by the smoldering, empty casing that has been launched at just subsonic speed.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:18:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By CarlosC:
They make excellent home defense guns too! The last thing the criminal sees is a VERY bright flash of light producing instant blindness; followed milliseconds later by the sledgehammer impact of 7.62x39 round starting to bore through his body; followed by third-degree burns as the muzzle blast hits him; followed by ear-splitting boom that, if he survives the bullet, should give him permanent tinnitus to add to the substantial & permanent hearing loss and blindness; and finally adding insult to injury, he's hit in the face by the smoldering, empty casing that has been launched at just subsonic speed.
View Quote

...their last thought ever: "fuck me I just got yeeted by some decades-old commie flamethrower, I hate you dirty old bastards...."

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:27:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice!
Another one of those wish I would have grabbed back then
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#15]
OP, I'm curious about the one in the middle in the bottom picture. Looks like an AMD-65 with a fixed stock.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:22:38 PM EDT
[#16]
OP, I'm curious about the one in the middle in the bottom picture. Looks like an AMD-65 with a fixed stock.
View Quote

That is actually an AMD-63 that has been pinned to 16.25" OAL. It is a later civilian model, never actually used by any military and marketed towards civilians.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:13:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Are you of Hungarian descent? I am partly.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:23:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By nictra:
the Hungarians back in the day were probably some of the nicest AKs to ever hit the market (I'm talking early 90s). Only problem for me was, the wood was too nice, and would grey with shooting, so I never wanted to shoot them.
View Quote

Yeah, I hear you.

I have two preban FEG SA85s and a never issued/brand new AMD65 parts kit with original barrel, built on a postban FEG SA85 receiver.  All three have blond wood and are just too pretty to abuse like I do with my Romanian SAR1/2/3 rifles at the range.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:54:56 AM EDT
[#19]

That is actually an AMD-63 that has been pinned to 16.25" OAL. It is a later civilian model, never actually used by any military and marketed towards civilians.
View Quote

That's pretty cool. Got any individual pics of it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:04:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By peacematu:
Are you of Hungarian descent? I am partly.
View Quote

I have no idea.  My Great Grandfather on my Father's side came over from Germany but not sure where his ancestors came from. No clue about my Mother's side.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

I'll get one up as soon as I can. It is an involved process to dig them out of the safe
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:35:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Get some pics of that underfolder also while they are out!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:07:20 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:31:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ak4784:
Get some pics of that underfolder also while they are out!!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:33:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Its kinda crazy.

The ones that are built on NDS receivers have all Hungarian parts, and the ones on FEG receivers have Hungarian with US parts mixed in
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By bergunx:

Yeah, I hear you.

I have two preban FEG SA85s and a never issued/brand new AMD65 parts kit with original barrel, built on a postban FEG SA85 receiver.  All three have blond wood and are just too pretty to abuse like I do with my Romanian SAR1/2/3 rifles at the range.
View Quote

Wife claimed the only SA-85 we have right after I traded for it. She's like "Oooh is that for me?"  ummmmm.... "It's so much lighter than the others, will you fix it up for me with a nice short stock and all the other things you do?"  ummmmmm......shit. Sure baby.

Now she won't hardly shoot it and won't let me at all because she doesn't want to put a bunch of rounds on it. She got an M10 and that's what she takes to the range.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:57:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Attachment Attached File

View Quote

There was a point pre'89 that the blonde Hungarian AK's were considered some of the crème de la crème.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Yeah that blonde wood underfolder is exactly what I’d like to add to my collection at some point. Beautiful rifle. Thanks for the pics!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top