Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2023 2:15:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Buffman_LT1]
Rural King had these in tins, and I believe Kosher Surplus currently has them. These almost instantly light from the barrel :D
Kosher

7.62x39mm, 115gr FMJ Tracer, Czech SV43

Link Posted: 1/6/2023 8:21:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I would love to know how these came into the US in spite of the import ban on tracer ammunition.

Over the years, AP, API, and Tracers have been accidentally imported, being mixed in with crates of ball ammunition. But the volume of these Czech tracers available suggests it wasn't an accident...
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1Devildog:
I would love to know how these came into the US in spite of the import ban on tracer ammunition.

Over the years, AP, API, and Tracers have been accidentally imported, being mixed in with crates of ball ammunition. But the volume of these Czech tracers available suggests it wasn't an accident...
View Quote
perhaps the wrong rubber stamp on the paper? The same goes for the ZSR steel core stuff that was on the market last year...
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 10:51:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Here in south Mississippi, I haven’t seen any -39 tracer at any gun shows I go to in any quantity above 1 or 2 boxes. Back in our cartridge collection and dealing days, you could find sealed tins of China and Russian tracer ever so often. But lately, nothing. If I had an AK and the funds, I’d buy as much as I could afford though.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1Devildog:

View Quote

Yes, Me too! I can't believe this many crates of this stuff made it into the country without Customs or BATFE catching it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:46:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I started a thread a long time ago when I found them at rural king. I bought a crate. I also have a 20 round paper package of Chinese tracers I bought many many years ago.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:42:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shiff] [#6]
I've had a crate in the floorboard of my truck since July. Came from RK.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#7]
The year I retired, 2021, RK showed up with this ammo in crates here in N Florida. The pricing was insane & RK would not break the cases for individual box sales. Their price was $1229.99 per case of 1220 rounds. Tha ammo sat for several months unsold till people started to figure out what it actually was. I broke down & bought 2 cases as this was it as far as supply. I was wrong there.

Guys @ work wanted in on the deal, so I split up a case for them to be fair. Two weeks later, while back @ RK they had restocked, but kept the insane price. Then I found out that the city south of where I live, put the same ammo on sale for $899.95, so I went down there & picked up a case for a much better price. I figured that would be the end of it.

Many months later, while in Zephyrhills, Florida @ a military truck meet, I went to RK there for supplies & they had the same Czech ammo for $699.95, so I added my last case to the ammo fort. Now they have no more Czech ammo anywhere in the RK system, or any other suppliers. The was the most expensive ammo other than .50BMG that I have ever bought. It all lights up when you shoot it & it burns red, not green as I thought it would. Good stuff.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top