Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2023 4:07:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BIGSHOOTER414]
Arsenal Sam7k has a 10.5in factory barrel, but swapping out the fsb/gb would mean cutting down to a 7.5in bbl. I'm assuming there's a big decline in performance, would it be smart to leave the barrel length and install the new fsb/gb at the akm position?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 9:38:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Did some research in an older thread. Is turbothis still in business?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AK-47/Sam7K-Acquired-one-question-on-barrel-options/98-165639/
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 9:26:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#2]
His shop burned down some time ago and I'm not sure if he's accepting work again. Pushing the FSB forward to AKM length would expose the current gas port position.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 9:34:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, turbothis has built a new shop after his burned down in the wildfires.  He was posting pictures about slowly getting equipment in and last I heard, he was starting to take on work.

For the question about barrel length, 7.62x39 is not hampered by barrel length as severely as 5.56.  The 1.5" in barrel length translates to like 87fps difference.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome input. He emailed me back today with cost and shipping. While I could cut/remove/install myself, i can't risk the crowning. I may send it off.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BIGSHOOTER414:
Awesome input. He emailed me back today with cost and shipping. While I could cut/remove/install myself, i can't risk the crowning. I may send it off.
View Quote

Turbothis did my sam7k.  He did mention it took so much force pressing off the original part he bent his fixture.  If you're gonna do it yourself, maybe buckle up for a possibly bumpy ride.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top