Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/1/2020 8:52:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HappyTrailz]
I'd have assumed the pocket was for the red/white plastic bottles in the Hungarian cleaning kits, but the couple I have won't fit.  They fit fine in the canvas 20rd mag pouches I have here.  Maybe the vinyl has shrank with age and I just need to get angry with it and MAKE the bottles fit?

And who the hell is Tothi and why's he writing his name in red sharpie on my magazine pouch?

TGI. FEG. AMD. 65.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:41:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ban-hater] [#1]
Oiler and toolkit for cleaning in the other
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:52:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, that's what I thought, but neither of the red/white plastic Hungarian oilers I've got will fit in the pocket on the vinyl pouch, yet they fit fine in the 20rd canvas pouches.  Which has me wondering if the pouch shrank, or if the Hungarians had different size oilers, or maybe my oilers grew.  I don't know.  I don't really want to force the red/white oiler into the vinyl pouch for fear of tearing the vinyl of cracking the oiler.  Yowza, talk about your dilemmas.

For now I just stuffed oilers into 20rd pouches, figure I'll find some kind of range kit or a smaller oiler to keep in the 30rd mag pouch.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:49:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#3]
Hungarians used different oil bottles for the AMD-65.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

for the brown ones... bottle goes on the side along with the cylinder and the rest of the cleaning kit goes into a pocket in the front of the pouch that opens up.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top