Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2024 10:43:00 AM EDT
What is the go to brace for a M85 PAP and where can I pick one up?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:40:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CanvasBack] [#1]
I don't have personal experience with it, but alot of people seem to like the bone steel arms one.

Bone steel brace

There is also the cnc warrior one

Cnc warrior
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:27:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dragynn] [#2]
When I had mine,I used a Stormwerkz universal carbine adapter, just a rectangle piece with an integarl AR tube, very simple. Problem was, the M85 had a slight angle on the rear of the receiver, so as used the tube and brace would have had a downward angle. So I modded the piece with some careful sanding to correct the angle to be inline with the tube.

Stormwerkz guy saw my pics of it and like it so much he made a new model that used my mod. Probably still on the website.

I didn't just tape the receiver though, drilled all the way through at screw width, and used a special dual-nut made for doing just this kind of set-up on Yugo pistols, cool piece, I think  I actually still have one somewhere. Made for super snug lockup. The used an AR tube, I cut about half an inch off the threaded section and timed it where it would bottom out on the adapter right at BDC for the tube, then used an SBA3 brace. Turned out really nice.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:12:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Decide what you want to spend and do you need it to fold or not.  Also decide if you want an AR-15 based brace or a more platform/universal brace.  

To me the two nice ones that I like are the Bonesteel/CNC Warrior and the A3 Tactical.  The Bonesteel one (made by CNC Warrior) has a great reputation except for long lead times.  It is more of a traditional Galil pattern stock that looks good on an AK.  The A3 Tactical brace which are a little pricier, look like a really nicely made brace.  It is modular, so you can select length, drop, etc.  The A3 is a more modern looking brace.  Both the A3 and Bonesteel can be upgraded to a stock in the future if you wanted to.  

You can also do the picatinny rail on the back of the receiver (Stormworkz, A3 Tactical, etc.) and run one of the picatinny railed braces (Sig, SB Tac, etc.).  You can also do the AR pattern stock adapter and run the AR braces on it.  Those come in fixed and folding set ups.  SB Tactical makes a triangle brace that replicates the triangle AK stock, but it is plastic & rubber.  I'm not in love with the gap the SB Tactical triangle brace has where it attaches to the rail.

I have 3x Dracos (full size, mini and 9mm) that I need braces for. But I'm about to enter a business venture where I won't get paid for 6 months, so I'm on a toy budget freeze for now.  And to be completely honest, I've been on a spending frenzy that last 12 months, so I do need to take a break.  I bought a UTG AR pattern folding adapter that I am going to fit to one of the Dracos as a placeholder.  I'm going to cut off the male threaded portion and bolt it to one of the Dracos with one of my AR braces I have sitting around.  For the $25, I think it's worth a try.  I'll most likely stick it on my 9mm Draco and that will be the first one to go.  I have several other PCC that I like more (Stribog, AR-9, etc.).  I'm also headed into summer here in AZ, so outdoor activities take a break in the 110 degree weather.  I'm not riding motorcycles or shooting for the next 3-4 months, just floating in the pool as much as possible.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:13:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Bonesteel/cnc warrior. Call and ask if they have any blems. I cannot find anything wrong with my blem and they mark them down a little.Attachment Attached File
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top