Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2023 12:52:13 PM EDT
I was given a MAK-90 recently.  It's in good shape.  It has the slant cut receiver and a thumb hole stock.  It has had the bayo mount removed.  The muzzle has been turned down and unthreaded.

I want to ditch the thumb hole stock and put it in a configuration that reflects something more modern but still reasonably military looking.  I don't care about having a bayo lug or threaded muzzle.  

What good stock options do I have?  I have three other AK-types:  an Egyptian AKM, a Bulgarian side folding -74, and a fixed stock Bulgarian -74 I built in .223/5.56.  All are ones I assembled years ago on NODAK receivers using good parts kits.

Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the only place I have found that is making stocks for MAK90s.

MAK90 stocks
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I used a Magpul Zhukov side folding stock on mine. Works with the slant cut receiver just fine. Another arfcommer, IIRC emt1851 loaned me a tap in 14x1mm,Left hand thread and I tapped the barrel with it. Then installed an A 2 style flash hider for functionality purposes. Added a Geissele AKT trigger. It runs flawlessly. Also added an Ultimak railed gas tube and a Primary Arms RDS.

Super handy set up that a great shooter. I was not looking to make a clone of anything, just wanted an efficient and reliable rifle for multiple purposes. I succeeded in my goal. It's an excellent choice for things that go bump in the night.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:21:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi tonto. You are welcome to meet me at the range where I work and check out my setup ir you want to. Drop me a line or reply in the thread.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#4]
JMAC Customs and Desert Fox Outfitters make adapters so you can attach an AR buffer tube and stock to a slant cut MAK90.

Link Posted: 10/8/2023 10:25:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CATM] [#5]
You can go with a CNC Warrior/Bonesteel side folder. It works with both straight and slant cut receivers if I remember correctly. I have one on my straight cut MAK. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 5:02:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gotterdammerung:
JMAC Customs and Desert Fox Outfitters make adapters so you can attach an AR buffer tube and stock to a slant cut MAK90.

View Quote

Yep, Desert Fox adapters are GTG.  Had a milled Mak-90, which is even less common than a slant stamped Mak-90, and their adapter worked great for mounting a tube and magpul stock.  Might take a little file work to make everything fit, but it is aluminum so it is easy to do.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a Zukhov stock.  Even though the paperwork said that it would not work on a MAK90, it did.  It's a very secure though a bit unattractive at the slant cut stock/receiver junction.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I’m thinking of purchasing a milled slant cut mak-90. I want the magpul folding stock. Can you post a pic of how it looks. Did you have to modify anything for fitment ?
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 44-40pro:
I used a Magpul Zhukov side folding stock on mine. Works with the slant cut receiver just fine. Another arfcommer, IIRC emt1851 loaned me a tap in 14x1mm,Left hand thread and I tapped the barrel with it. Then installed an A 2 style flash hider for functionality purposes. Added a Geissele AKT trigger. It runs flawlessly. Also added an Ultimak railed gas tube and a Primary Arms RDS.

Super handy set up that a great shooter. I was not looking to make a clone of anything, just wanted an efficient and reliable rifle for multiple purposes. I succeeded in my goal. It's an excellent choice for things that go bump in the night.
View Quote

I’m thinking of purchasing a milled slant cut mak-90. I want the magpul folding stock. Can you post a pic of how it looks. Did you have to modify anything for fitment ?
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 2:35:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TontoGoldstein] [#10]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

@Petet157

It is rock solid. The stock works fine.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Petet157:

View Quote

@Petet157

No modification.  I think the description says it is not for milled receivers, but I could be way off.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By tac556:

Yep, Desert Fox adapters are GTG.  Had a milled Mak-90, which is even less common than a slant stamped Mak-90, and their adapter worked great for mounting a tube and magpul stock.  Might take a little file work to make everything fit, but it is aluminum so it is easy to do.
View Quote

I just came here to post a new thread asking if anyone had used one of these adapters.  I also have a milled MAK-90.

Could you post any pictures if you get a chance?
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Back during Brady I had a  Norinco "Thumbhole Monstrosity" (as they were often called back then) and couldn't wait to ditch the stock.

Now if I had one I'd probably keep it that way. It's embarrassing to say, but it fit me pretty well.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 6:57:10 AM EDT
[#14]
I wish a company could make a underfolder rear trunnion for these it would give you a way to make it look factory with an underfolder.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top