Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2023 11:47:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thoughtcrime]
Well crap.  Purchased this kit from centerfire years ago.

Started on it tonight and figured out the rear trunnion is not a match for the receiver.

Its a 1mm rear and looks like getting a replacement is going to be a tough go.

Besides hoping to get lucky, are there any other options?

ETA: and it’s one with the cover lock and the receiver was setup for that….

ETA2: I am also assuming the under folder and hardware works with either width…. Anyone know?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 10:31:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: K1rodeoboater] [#1]
Doesn't really matter. Just build it right.  Trunion barrel bolt and bolt carrier are the important ones. The rest can be setup to work.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 8:34:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you 100% certain?  What is the width of the rear trunnion?  

Off the top of my head I am thinking 1.20” is RPK/Yugo rear, 1.25” is AKM.    

Never saw a CF yugo kit with the wrong parts, but there were indeed some AKM based kits mixed in with the RPK receiver based kits.  (Had a lot of kits go thru my hands).

I might have a spare UF trunnion, will take a look.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:59:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Lol.  I found the invoice for the kit.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 11:52:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice! Those were the good old days alright.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:27:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Nope... I remember seeing those kits and they did actually specify mismatched trunions..

Whether or not you actually got one before the ads were corrected, it was a a big issue and a lot of folks were upset....

The fix was to simply shave the back rails on the receiver to match the undersized trunnion, and that was the quick fix...

The best fix is what you suggested, to get the correct rear assembly, but as noted, very expensive at this point, even if you could find it.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top