Site Notices
cannibalizing a PSA 101 (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:37:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MustyWaffles:

If you want a PSA 101 then get a PSA 101. Mine has been great. Roll the dice and see if you get a great one. Off chance you don’t, send it back. It is the only way you can economically get a 100 series in 5.56.
View Quote

yeah, I'll be sure to let you guys know what condition it ends up being in after I've played with it enough. thank you for the reassurance.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By kirjath-sepher:

Cool. Are you still thinking you’re gonna chop it up and send it off?
View Quote

I'll chop it if PSA can no longer honor the warranty and I'll fix the my problems with it then.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By m0n1k3r:

I'll chop it if PSA can no longer honor the warranty and I'll fix the my problems with it then.
View Quote

I think that makes a lot of sense. I agree with Dragynn and Musty about giving it a shot and it being your best option for the money.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Lemon Grenade is a weird guy, but talk about an effeminate, passive aggressive comment. Are your feelings hurt by him turning off his comments? Why do you care? That’s weird bro.

Furthermore, it sounds conspiratorial when you say he might be lying for some reason. It was obvious in the video that the receiver was a PSA and that it wasn’t dimpled. Everybody wants cheap American AKs to succeed, and he’s not a paid guntuber so he really doesn’t have a dog in this fight. Yet the average american will watch GT or a 5k burn down from Rob and conclude incorrectly that the gun will last forever and is “just as good” as an Arsenal or FB product.

People love white knighting for PSA (maybe you are, maybe you aren’t, don’t care), even if just giving them the benefit of doubt. That’s the conspiracy. If you don’t mind your gun falling apart after a few thousand rounds go ahead and buy one, but nobody should condone contributing to the internet dishonesty that surrounds PSA’s cheap products. They simply aren’t military quality guns. Doesn’t matter to me if people buy range toys so long as they make an informed decision.

Good AKs aren’t the blue collar gun option anymore and some people need to just get over that. The old days are long gone. Some people will not be able to justify the money or flat out can’t afford the ones that are made correctly.

Normies are always slapping stripes on this donkey and calling it a zebra. It ain’t a zebra…
View Quote

It's amusing because that's a sign that he doesn't tolerate any criticism, or other's opinions or experiences; and just like Robski's 5k videos, his video was a sample size of one.

I wouldn't say I'm white-knighting for PSA since I've been posting my honest experiences with them on here. I haven't had any issues with my 2 PSA 7.62x39 rifles, but the one AK-101 rifle I've bought from them has not been so great. I'm sure you've already seen my posts in the AK-101 wear thread since you've already jumped on someone's ass there and got a warning for it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:38:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:22:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I white knight for PSA because I love what they're doing for the industry.

You got something edgy to say to me? And I'm sorry you never got anything from this website. I've been lurking since the AK side and the AR side were 2 different sites. So TIG big guy (that's tenure for civvies).

I cannot tell you how much I have learned from this place over the years. It's an amazing community with some really great guys, but we sometimes do have to put up with people like you. As a longer standing member of this community, I'd like to just say this, I personally took affront to your agonizing cogitation of an assault on your self perceived snobbery (you're welcome, I did read your posts) and vindication for your own purchases and then your felt need to execrate others choices that are open to them, perhaps monetarily being the only option at the time.

So kudos to you good sir for spending more than the rest of us, or whatever your box is made out of on which you stand. I appreciate your choices, as I appreciate anyone's choice to buy whatever they want or can afford. We are a brotherhood here, and I would hope we could all at least treat each other as such.

Good day SIR!

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:25:08 AM EDT
[#7]
and to add this: just because you're a doctor, don't let that make you think you're smarter than everyone else.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#8]

No offense, but so what? For example, I’d rather buy an HK and have terrible customer service, than buy a Taurus and have amazing customer service. Just something for you to consider in my opinion.

Easy to have a great track record in customer service when you set yourself up to be the hero…

And to all of you people saying “mine works” or “other companies mess up rivet dimpling” that literally proves nothing and you’re just muddying the waters here. Unless you have 10k-20k through your PSA and everything’s textbook, you shouldn’t be commenting on their longevity. Most people will never shoot that much through a single gun, but most people like to know their gun will make it long enough to see a second owner such as your heirs. This is pretty simple to understand.
View Quote

Yeah…… 99.99% of people are not going to do that. And I don’t think that’s a good measure of longevity for a domestic fun gun
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:56:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dragynn] [#9]
Well i'm not a white knight for PSA, nor a basher, but it's funny that i've been called both, just depends on what i'm posting at the time. Just want to point out that there is a middle ground, lol.

I got called a basher hardcore at one point, until I posted my purchase history from PSA, at the time right around $6000.00, not a high roller by any means but I think that's a respectable amount of money for a lifelong blue-collar guy who never made more than 50K in a year of his life.

Like nictra said, I myself also very much appreciate all their efforts, especially to make AK's, doesn't mean i'm not gonna call out the occasional screw-up, everybody is going to fail now and then, the legendary Soichiro Honda once said that you learned far more from your failures than the 1% you got to call a "success".

Granted, there are some mindless bashers out there, and some mindless cheerleaders as well, but I think we can all filter that for ourselves without going at each other.

If you've been keeping score like I have for years now, it seems pretty plain that PSA has indeed learned from each mistake and is steadily improving, unlike Century and I.O. etc.

ETA: If PSA steps up to the plate and builds the rifle i'm proposing in the perfect AK thread, I will at that point become a liflelong white knight cheerleader and they will never do wrong again in my book.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Dragynn:

ETA: If PSA steps up to the plate and builds the rifle i'm proposing in the perfect AK thread, I will at that point become a liflelong white knight cheerleader and they will never do wrong again in my book.
View Quote

Having an idea of what you want, I'd buy it too.

It's different and would piss off the gatekeepers at r/ak47.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 5:41:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Well i'm not a white knight for PSA, nor a basher, but it's funny that i've been called both, just depends on what i'm posting at the time. Just want to point out that there is a middle ground, lol.

I got called a basher hardcore at one point, until I posted my purchase history from PSA, at the time right around $6000.00, not a high roller by any means but I think that's a respectable amount of money for a lifelong blue-collar guy who never made more than 50K in a year of his life.

Like nictra said, I myself also very much appreciate all their efforts, especially to make AK's, doesn't mean i'm not gonna call out the occasional screw-up, everybody is going to fail now and then, the legendary Soichiro Honda once said that you learned far more from your failures than the 1% you got to call a "success".

Granted, there are some mindless bashers out there, and some mindless cheerleaders as well, but I think we can all filter that for ourselves without going at each other.

If you've been keeping score like I have for years now, it seems pretty plain that PSA has indeed learned from each mistake and is steadily improving, unlike Century and I.O. etc.

View Quote

some of the PSA bashing is warranted, most is over the top BS from people that don't even own PSA products.  

Then some comes from those that just can't stand it that their high dollar import (That is only high dollar because they stopped importing them, otherwise it would still be the $300 dollar gun they bought years ago) is being challenged by a domestic AK.  They literally cheer for PSA to fail on the AK, AR, and glock clone market as well.

If we are awarding White Knight status based off of dollars spent, then count me in.  I am over 40K at this point...
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 6:02:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I own transferrbles, I'd love for them to be allowed to be produced again for civilian purchase and take that huge hit to the value of my machine gun.

I hear what you're saying and just never understood the holier than thou attitude.

I'm more concerned about the guy with a ratted out POS that trains than the guy with a Gucci gun that doesn't.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DoorKicker:

If we are awarding White Knight status based off of dollars spent, then count me in.  I am over 40K at this point...
View Quote

We can be buddies, I got kinfolk in Alabama ya know....
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#14]

We can be buddies, I got kinfolk in Alabama ya know....
View Quote

we can hang out when I am not busy white knighting for PSA.  It's funny because I was so critical of PSAKs when they first came out, that my voicing complaints got me banned from the PSA Industry forum
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DoorKicker:

we can hang out when I am not busy white knighting for PSA.  It's funny because I was so critical of PSAKs when they first came out, that my voicing complaints got me banned from the PSA Industry forum
View Quote

That EXACT same thing happened to me on another forum, it was PSA that did it too IIRC, that's when I posted my purchase history from them to show I wasn't a hater, just a customer that wanted better. It was frustrating in the beginning, sat here and watched them make the same exact mistakes that others I mentioned had made.

The AK is a LOT more complex than most people think who are not intimately acquainted with the real design parameters, it took a lot of work to make that face-value simple design work properly, it's truly a marvel of engineering on so many levels.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:53:09 PM EDT
[#16]

The AK is a LOT more complex than most people think who are not intimately acquainted with the real design parameters, it took a lot of work to make that face-value simple design work properly, it's truly a marvel of engineering on so many levels.
View Quote

are there any recomended reading on the technical design, a gunsmith handbook or history of development for someone looking to get into AK building?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:15:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#17]
Cannibalizing is a term for taking parts off one weapon and using it for another, to get a weapon up running quickly. The word you want is "doner weapon" for a build up, just FYI.

And no, I would 100% not use a soft PSA rifle for any build. They look great and some seem to be accurate.....and that's about it. Those guys can't heat treat anything properly as it is, to start. The Russian print specs are out there, and yet, they can't read Rockwell #'s lol.  People on the internet hate me cause I bought 2 PSA AKs and they both went back for being failures....and somehow it's MY FAULT and I never should have told anyone about my issues? LOL. k.

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:42:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
Cannibalizing is a term for taking parts off one weapon and using it for another, to get a weapon up running quickly. The word you want is "doner weapon" for a build up, just FYI.
View Quote

*donor*

FYI

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
cannibalizing a PSA 101 (Page 2 of 2)
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top