Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2023 10:45:53 PM EDT
I'm really excited to try some of this in my suppressed AKs to see how reliability is but I can't find any in stock.

Has anyone tried this stuff yet? Does it cycle 16" guns? 10" guns?

I have had decent luck with the reliability of brown bear subs in my AKs but I don't like that it's FMJ (can't use for hunting or self defense).

Anyone have any word on availability from hornady?
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:41:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump as I have been interested in this myself.  It would seem that Hornady announced this but hasn't actually produced any ...
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 12:19:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I've done heavy subs in an AK before. Wasnt a big deal. Cycled fine.

Haven't tried the Hornady stuff. Didn't know of it until now.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]
So far they cycled on the BRN-180 with a can. M92 with no can, no cycle. PSA GF3 somewhat consistent cycling. I have some adapters that I'm going to try to use on the AK hosts. :D
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Posting here cause this is the most recent discussion i saw of this load.

I bought a bunch of it with the intent of using them in a cz600 trail in 7.62x39 for a little compact suppressed fun thing.

Disappointingly i have found that out of the CZ600s 16inch barrel, the half of these rounds fired are clearly subsonic, a quarter just riding the edge of the sound barrier and a quarter sound really nice.

Given that the claimed test barrel is a 20in at 1050fps, i wonder if by 20in the projectile is slowing down...

Anyway, it was accurate enough. I will have to chrono it and try in an AK (maybe the gas port releases enough pressure to keep it subsonic) and then a 24in rpk to see if the projectile is actually slowing down.

From my previous messing around with brown bear subs, i found that they would usually stay subsonic in a 16in, but always were supersonic in the 24in unsurprisingly.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top