Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2024 1:28:42 AM EDT
I'm going to build my first .300 blk upper and needing some suggestions on a solid barrel.  I would like to stay in the 7-8 inch range and it will be shot 99% suppressed with a sandman k and s.  I don't use adj gas blocks on my 5.56 uppers but if it's necessary for this set up I'm open using one.  This won't be a super hard use upper and will be mainly used for home defense and maybe traveling once I get enough rounds through it to feel confident. Thanks in advance for your time and suggestions!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:53:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I really like BA especially their premium bbls.

Cycled subs fine with a can, however to cycle in all configurations i opted to drill gas port out a bit.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:11:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Faxon, Ranier, Wilson Combat, Ballisitic Advantage, all make good barrels.   KAK is also also on point
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:19:00 AM EDT
[#3]
And BKings Firearms, there house brand is made by BA and several have pinned on gas blocks.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:22:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CJFirefly:
And BKings Firearms, there house brand is made by BA and several have pinned on gas blocks.
View Quote

Yeah these are a pretty good value
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#5]
My 8.5" Criterion Core is pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:17:31 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I am not telling you BA is the same quality as top brands, but…

I am telling you that the premium Hanson line has been great with 300 BLK in my experience.

Drill the gas port with a 3/32 bit and it will cycle subs unsuppressed and shoots well suppressed too.

The reason I wanted it to cycle unsuppressed is just for save my ass assurance in case my can had an issue and I had to pull it off in a bad situation.

The pinned gas block and the performance I’ve seen make me not really want to spend more for a barrel I’ll never shoot over 50 yards.

My .223 Wylde builds get high quality barrels because I shoot 600 with them often.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:39:33 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

BKings also does mass below MAP sales on BA barrels often.  Sign up there for alerts to keep posted.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Just built an upper using one of these, the current 10% coupon puts it a little over $200. Mine is marked CHF like the photo.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/spikes-tactical-300-blackout-8-3in-medium-profile-rifle-barrel.html

I also have an older 10.5” Faxon barrel that I’ve been happy with
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:20:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gordo556] [#10]
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
My 8.5" Criterion Core is pretty awesome.
View Quote

I have yet to shoot mine. my brother and I built carbon copied uppers and his runs like a fucking champ. but, then had some cycling issues after 300rds of AAC 300blk, 208gr, suppressed. shit was dirty as fuck and had a tough time chambering...needed a chamber brush.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:47:44 AM EDT
[#11]
My solution was a 0.100" gas port, a standard carbine buffer, and a JP polished standard carbine recoil spring, combined with a Superlative Arms gas block tuned in restrictive mode to barely lock the bolt back with unsuppressed supersonic and suppressed subsonic (was basically the same value for 100% reliable lock back with all magazines). Won't lock back on the last round with most unsuppressed subs, but will cycle them 100%.

I figure if I am shooting unsuppressed and get down to my magazine of subs, it is my last magazine anyway. Who cares if the bolt locks back on your last mag?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top