[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:35:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bumpfire videos

Niiiiice

That last one , with the betamag ,makes my tounge hard !!!

Sweeet !
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:49:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Guy with the wooden bump firing device was better.

That was me, but this thread still rocks....it explains in good detail the mechanics of bumping without the device, something I can do as well.

Regarding accuracy, from the shoulder with an AR I can put 10-15 round bursts into an IPSC torso target at 25 yards, every last round. I can do that about 3 out of 4 times, mind you.

I have shot MANY MG's and there are quite a few that I would be hard pressed to achieve that same accuracy out of. That tells me that bumping CAN BE as accurate as F/A, depending on the gun, and the shooter.

It's completey for fun, but with some practice you can do it with great effect.....and safely.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:09:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was me, but this thread still rocks....it explains in good detail the mechanics of bumping without the device, something I can do as well.

Regarding accuracy, from the shoulder with an AR I can put 10-15 round bursts into an IPSC torso target at 25 yards, every last round. I can do that about 3 out of 4 times, mind you.

I have shot MANY MG's and there are quite a few that I would be hard pressed to achieve that same accuracy out of. That tells me that bumping CAN BE as accurate as F/A, depending on the gun, and the shooter.

It's completey for fun, but with some practice you can do it with great effect.....and safely.

Thanks for joining the thread- and for the record I do not really think your wodden device is gay at all, I was actually really impressed when you first showd it to us. It's just that Dace has been crapping all over everyone lately.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#5]
20iner

Please excuse the hijack, but what rear sight is that? LMT?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:14:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
20iner

Please excuse the hijack, but what rear sight is that? LMT?

personally cut down bushmaster carry handle.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for joining the thread- and for the record I do not really think your wodden device is gay at all, I was actually really impressed when you first showd it to us. It's just that Dace has been crapping all over everyone lately.

No problem, I understood.

I made the "bumper" right about the time I figured out how to get my AR to really bump from the shoulder, so for me it was not needed but it does allow bumping with guns that are otherwise impossible to get to run from the shoulder, and it's so easy that even a rank amateur can do it. It is a goofy device, but for some guns its the only way to get them to run.

If you've never bumped a Saiga-12 from the shoulder with 00 buck, you haven't lived yet. Round #9 is pointed skyward, I don't care how strong you are!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:31:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No problem, I understood.

I made the "bumper" right about the time I figured out how to get my AR to really bump from the shoulder, so for me it was not needed but it does allow bumping with guns that are otherwise impossible to get to run from the shoulder, and it's so easy that even a rank amateur can do it. It is a goofy device, but for some guns its the only way to get them to run.

If you've never bumped a Saiga-12 from the shoulder with 00 buck, you haven't lived yet. Round #9 is pointed skyward, I don't care how strong you are!

PUSSY, real men do it with slugs lol
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:59:45 PM EDT
[#9]
TAG! I bet the only people who don't like Bumpfiring are:

1. Those RICH enuff for FA weapons.
2. Those who CANT pull it off he
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
TAG! I bet the only people who don't like Bumpfiring are:

1. Those RICH enuff for FA weapons.
2. Those who CANT pull it off

Great job on the instructions!! I'll be sure to take my M4 out this weekend and give it a try, what ever happened to those "hellfire" systems that were so common back in the early-AWB days??

Add communists and homosexuals.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Happen to have a link to this wooden device?

Hoping to get out somewhere to try it. Try all, bump, bounce(bump from shoulder) and if I happen to have an Bushy AR that just won't fly, maybe this wooden device I'm hearing about.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Hoping to get out somewhere to try it. Try all, bump, bounce(bump from shoulder) and if I happen to have an Bushy AR that just won't fly, maybe this wooden device I'm hearing about.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=332283

Vids, instructions all there.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=332283

Vids, instructions all there.

It's actually a very well done piece. I made one myself and it worked as advertised- something rare in today's world. I also recently finished up another one made out of pvc because the wooden one kept hitting the mag release. It too works great. Now if I could just find a way to attach the two together...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#14]
pretty cool
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I was being sarcastic.

probably shoulda added a smiley.

What I really meant was "I don't fucking care if the wodden thingie is better. The wooden thingy looks fucking gay. And people that use it look fucking gay."

I'm sorry but that made me laugh hard. And I'll have to try this method next time I go to the range. Sadly I only have 30 rounds of .223 left
I've still never been able to bump a gun...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was being sarcastic.

probably shoulda added a smiley.

What I really meant was "I don't fucking care if the wodden thingie is better. The wooden thingy looks fucking gay. And people that use it look fucking gay."

I'm sorry but that made me laugh hard. And I'll have to try this method next time I go to the range. Sadly I only have 30 rounds of .223 left
I've still never been able to bump a gun...

Another hint is to make sure your support arm is tucked in. It allows better control. I have found that the reason a lot of people can't bumpfire is because they don't hold the support side well enough.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This thread is worthless without video!!

Here you go.  Maybe this will tide you over until 20iner gets his up..............

Bumpfire videos

KICK ASS!

Dave W.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#18]
well its official, I cant bumpfire for crap.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#19]
bumpalicious!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Sadly I only have 30 rounds of .223 left

That is a very, very serious problem (unless you have a thousand rounds of 5.56).  You need to get more ASAP.  I think I read somewhere you have to own a minimum of 500 rounds just to be able to post here.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#21]
tag
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:11:58 PM EDT
[#22]
damn, that looks fun.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
well its official, I cant bumpfire for crap.  

It's probably not you.  Most ARs out there will not bumpfire from the shoulder.  Nearest as I can tell, the "Problem" is either the trigger, the gas system or a weapon that is just too tight.  My ARs don't start screaming until I have a LOT of rounds down the pipe.  In fact, when I use my nice HK mags, the gun won't bump for shit.  Thats how sensitive they can be.  The stiff springs and followers just put too much pressure on the underside of the bolt.  The single best advice I can give is to lube the living crap out of the weapon.  Several guys I have suggested this to say it helps an otherwise "bump challenged" AR.  I personally use Singer sewing machine oil by the boat load.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Why not attach an electrical motor (9v or whatever) with a battery stored in the handguard or wherever. Motor attached inside trigger gaurd. Supposedly could mount on and off with a flip of a lever. Motor has an oblong piece at the end and when button is pushed, motor spends a certain rpm, pressing the trigger at given intervals. Just a thought. If you guys are looking for legal ways to autofire, that isn't classified as far as I know. But wouldn't doubt if such a device could be classified as illegal. But to me, autofire is just a waste of ammo and sight picture unless of course it's military use and for support fire, etc.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:45:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
If you guys are looking for legal ways to autofire, that isn't classified as far as I know. But wouldn't doubt if such a device could be classified as illegal

Sorry but if that were the case, we all would have mini-guns in our safes.

Such a device would absolutley be a machine gun.  The switch would be the trigger.  

One pull of the trigger = multiple shots = machine gun.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:03:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for the pics. Love the uber-tactical SKS sling.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Thanks for the pics. Love the uber-tactical SKS sling.

Thank you very much- it's a great sling.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I just bump fired for my first time today. It was also only my 3rd time out with my AR.

I tried it from the shoulder but just couldn't get it. Then I tried it from the hip, basically pushing my finger into my hip so it would stay still. Then just pulled the rifle forward and BUMP. All those laughs and hoozahs you see in the bumping videos, is actually quite accurate. No one was around, but when I finished a mag I'd be laughing and turn around hoping someone had shown up to receive a high five.

I had two different kinds of ammo and thought one of them wasn't working, because after my first mag of success I grabbed another loaded with different ammo(55gr, though I'm pretty sure the other stuff is 55 too) and I couldn't get it to go. But then I loaded up the mag that worked with the ammo that didn't work and got it to bump again. So it wasn't the ammo, it was the magazine. It was a brand new 30 round Thermold (the plastic mags) that wouldn't work. It didn't have any problems feeding semi-auto, but maybe it just needs to be broken in some more.

Thanks for the bump instructions. It's fun.

When I get a chance to, I'll be making one of those wooden devices so I can bump from the shoulder if I can't get it down.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I just bump fired for my first time today. It was also only my 3rd time out with my AR.

I tried it from the shoulder but just couldn't get it. Then I tried it from the hip, basically pushing my finger into my hip so it would stay still. Then just pulled the rifle forward and BUMP. All those laughs and hoozahs you see in the bumping videos, is actually quite accurate. No one was around, but when I finished a mag I'd be laughing and turn around hoping someone had shown up to receive a high five.

I had two different kinds of ammo and thought one of them wasn't working, because after my first mag of success I grabbed another loaded with different ammo(55gr, though I'm pretty sure the other stuff is 55 too) and I couldn't get it to go. But then I loaded up the mag that worked with the ammo that didn't work and got it to bump again. So it wasn't the ammo, it was the magazine. It was a brand new 30 round Thermold (the plastic mags) that wouldn't work. It didn't have any problems feeding semi-auto, but maybe it just needs to be broken in some more.

Thanks for the bump instructions. It's fun.

When I get a chance to, I'll be making one of those wooden devices so I can bump from the shoulder if I can't get it down.

Thermolds aren't known for their great reliability.  Stick with USGI mags.  You can pick them up for pretty cheap right now.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:24:06 PM EDT
[#30]
here are some action shots-

sorry, but no video yet. friend with the video cam couldn't come out. Soon I hope though

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:12:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Does the vert grip help much?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:18:33 PM EDT
[#32]
What's with the Batman camera angle?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:40:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Does the vert grip help much?

The vert grip is the key component.

Quoted:
What's with the Batman camera angle?

My buddy took the pics, not me.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Hey guys,tried bumping  Sunday at a public range-I have a colt LE6920 w/no vfg. I had a little success,2 or 3 round bursts  6 or 7 times, one guy came up to me and asked if I had a full auto rifle-It is kind of hard to do at a public range-I will take your advise and try a vfg next time-but it was alot of fun-Thanks Much for the advise-Marino
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#35]
I couldn't do it for shit today when I tried it out over my lunch break. I know my problem,  I can not keep my trigger finger locked.. I'll try some more this week.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Why not attach an electrical motor (9v or whatever) with a battery stored in the handguard or wherever. Motor attached inside trigger gaurd. Supposedly could mount on and off with a flip of a lever. Motor has an oblong piece at the end and when button is pushed, motor spends a certain rpm, pressing the trigger at given intervals. Just a thought. If you guys are looking for legal ways to autofire, that isn't classified as far as I know. But wouldn't doubt if such a device could be classified as illegal. But to me, autofire is just a waste of ammo and sight picture unless of course it's military use and for support fire, etc.

I asked a similar question...

The ATF says that you can't attach a motor to a firearm and, the method you described is a machine gun...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I couldn't do it for shit today when I tried it out over my lunch break. I know my problem,  I can not keep my trigger finger locked.. I'll try some more this week.

Keep it locked by putting tension on the trigger so that your finger extendes a little. Then puller her foward.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep it locked by putting tension on the trigger so that your finger extendes a little. Then puller her foward.

20 iner,
Be sure that when you get video, to get some close up footage of your trigger hand so we can see the "technique" in action

Dave W.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:36:28 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

20 iner,
Be sure that when you get video, to get some close up footage of your trigger hand so we can see the "technique" in action

Dave W.

I've been down in the dumps for a while because I wasn't able to deliver on the video as promised, but there will be one. Just-need-a-camera!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Hi 20iner  I tried this weekend but wasn't able to really dumped it!  Do you only grip it with your trigger finger & thumb & tuck the stock in?  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Hi 20iner  I tried this weekend but wasn't able to really dumped it!  Do you only grip it with your trigger finger & thumb & tuck the stock in?  Thanks

Try this.

Shoulder your rifle.

Support 100% of rifle weight by the VFG/magwell

Hold pistol grip low, so only finger tip is on trigger.

Let go of pistol grip, but keep trigger finger where it is. Extend your thumb.

Pull rifle foward by VFG/magwell

Keep BOTH hands still.

Remember, 100% of weight is on the support hand.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:19:38 AM EDT
[#42]
I had a Bushmaster adjustable match trigger in one of my ARs, and had it adjusted with an incredibly short reset.  The trigger would reset if you merely released pressure on the trigger finger, without actually MOVING the trigger forward.  I also had a VFG mounted to it.  

Needless to say, she would bump like a BITCH!  I could bump from the shoulder, keeping all my shots right where I wanted them at realistic distances.  Everyone always thought she was full auto.  

The trigger crapped out on me, as anything "adjustable" can do.  I have since pulled it and replaced it with a stock trigger.  She doesn't bump anymore...  

I have a RRA NM 2-stage trigger in another rifle, and it doesn't bump either.  At least, not like that Bushmaster adj match trigger.  Holy crap, it was incredible!

Rickinvegas- Absolutely beautiful work, brother!  That beta mag dump was freak'n sweet!  I like how you captured the hits in the dirt, so we can see just how accurate you are with your technique.  I'd love to hear more about it!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:10:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Tag!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:08:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Well went to the range today and tried bumping rickinvegas style and didnt have any luck... got a 2 shot burst.  I have a bushy m4 14.5" bbl with jp springs in it.  I tried placing my finger on the trigger differently, leaned forward, backwards..ect.  I can kinda feel it bouncing on my shoulder but it dont seem likes theres enough bounce to hit the trigger again.  I dont think i have to siff of a trigger cause its lighter than my buddies factory bushy.   I cant figure out what im doing wrong..  

I have tried putting it about an 1" away from my shoulder and pulling forward on the vfg and can somewhat get it to bump but there is no accuracy what so ever.  I really want to learn to bump from the shoulder and be somewhat accurate but im kinda gettin tired of wasting rounds trying to get it.  I wont mind wasting rounds if i could get it..lol   Any ideas?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:54:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Sorry, but you must all be doing it incorrectly.

I just got back from the range where I did it with a stock bushy trigger and Wolf ammo (notoriously under-powered)
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:56:31 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I have tried putting it about an 1" away from my shoulder and pulling forward on the vfg and can somewhat get it to bump but there is no accuracy what so ever.  I really want to learn to bump from the shoulder and be somewhat accurate but im kinda gettin tired of wasting rounds trying to get it.  I wont mind wasting rounds if i could get it..lol   Any ideas?

Hold your elbow in, with your hand pointed foward, not bent.

I work in a lumber yard and hit the gym a lot, so I have a lot of strength in my forearms, wrists, and hands. Other than that I don't know what to tell you as far as keeping control.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:56:46 PM EDT
[#47]
I tried it with my elbow in and out.  Just picked up the ar to see if i was shooting with my wrist straight or bent with my elbow in and my wrist was straight.. so i dunno what my problem is.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I tried it with my elbow in and out.  Just picked up the ar to see if i was shooting with my wrist straight or bent with my elbow in and my wrist was straight.. so i dunno what my problem is.

I really don't know what to tell you.

Perhaps the video I *should* be able to get next thursday will help
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:24:47 PM EDT
[#49]
tag
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Rickinvegas- Absolutely beautiful work, brother!  That beta mag dump was freak'n sweet!  I like how you captured the hits in the dirt, so we can see just how accurate you are with your technique.  I'd love to hear more about it!

Thanks jwise,

Guys.......I'm looking foward to 20's video but I have to say this to all of you who are coming back after trying to do this and expressing frustration.......There is a reason I have not done an "Instructional" video like so many of you have requested in emails and IM's.  I have not done it because NOT ALL ARs WILL DO THIS!!!!  Don't kill yourselves trying.
As you can well imagine, at every shoot, someone puts their AR in my hands and says, "Try it!"  Well, I do.  And you know what?  I can't bump for shit 95% of them!
I have almost suggested lately that people go out and buy factory OLYs like mine.  I have not done this because I wanted to try a new one for myself.  I'm glad I did.  On Sunday, a local bud brought out his spankin' new OLY M4 like substance.  I couldn't make it bump from the shoulder to save my life!  The gun was too tight.  The trigger throw was too long and the gun recoiled heavier than any of mine.  I know the reason was any one, or all, of these differences.  Now, we are going to use this rifle as a test bed of sorts.  I have a couple of lines on some fully adjustable triggers I would like to try.  I suspect that the trigger is the biggest impediment.   We shall see so stay tuned.  I would love to find a "Formula" that I can document and pass along.
So to all of you guys out there whose rifles won't do what you see in the videos......It may not be you!!  It's probably the weapon.
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top