Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/14/2004 5:18:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Alex, I would contact Wes at MSTN to see what your options are. For me, the PRI FS works fine.

Pete

Wes, you are quick. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/15/2004 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#2]
pcurtis,

Your Aimpoint is mounted in a Knights mount correct?

Thanks

ADH
Link Posted: 4/15/2004 1:56:07 PM EDT
[#3]
That looks like the GG&G to me.  Note the stepped style of the cantilever, and the rotated/offset top ring.

The KAC cantilever looks like this:
[img]http://apollo.demigod.org/~zak/DigiCam/Shoot-2004-04-02/small/118_1807_img.jpg[/img]

-z
Link Posted: 4/15/2004 3:07:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep...now that you mention it it does look like the GG&G no other mount is rotated/offset like that - that I know of.
Link Posted: 4/15/2004 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Adh,

Yes, its a GG&G. They have worked extremely well on my 2 AR10 carbines, so I decide to stick with the for this one. I believe the KAC and ARMS are just as good. I have ARMS on all my 5.56 AR's, so I an equal oportuntity supporter.

Adh, you must be the one WES emailed about, if so welcome to the club. Glad you like mine.
If you are planning on reloading, I was talking with Hornday toda and it sounds like they are going to be making the run soon on the 6.8 SPC dies. I would get my order in ASAP.

Pete
Link Posted: 4/22/2004 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Zak, Capn, Shooter172, and all other 6.8RSPC interested parties, I just receive this response from Remington. Hopefully it will be sooner.

---------------------------------------------------------------
6.8Rem SPC

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Melissa) - 04/22/2004 02:59 PM
Dear Peter:
Thank you for your inquiry. We plan to have the loaded ammunition available by late summer of this year. We do not have a date of when the reloading material will be available at this time. We hope that this information is helpful to you. If you have further questions feel free to contact us.

Customer (Peter Curtis)
Link Posted: 4/22/2004 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Midway is still listing new unprimed brass with projected availability of 5/22/04.

My dies should have shipped from Hornady yesterday.

I'm going to be REALLY careful policing my brass until I can buy more.

-z
Link Posted: 4/23/2004 4:34:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Zak, I am on Midway's email notification list, so as soon as ammo & brass hit the their dock, they should notify me.

Pete
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 11:27:15 PM EDT
[#9]
That makes two of us!  Thanks for the Remington info.  Hopefully it IS sooner...
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 11:51:01 PM EDT
[#10]
That's a great looking upper!  Still saving my pennies for one of my very own.

Not to get too far off of the subject, but what are the handles attached to the bottoms of the mags?  Do they replace the floor plate or just stick on?  They look nice and are lower profile than mag-pull's.

Eric
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 6:32:39 AM EDT
[#11]
They are Magpul's new "Ranger Tabs".  They replace the floorplate.

-z
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 8:36:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Zak,

Very cool!  Thanks for the info.

Eric
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top