BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been using CLP as a preservative (meaning I wipe down the rifle with it) and lubing with the same molybdenum disulfide general purpose grease I use on the barrel nut when I install a barrel. Just a light coat on the outside of the carrier rails, bolt, and lugs; little heavier on the cam pin. Been working great and stays put. Ever wonder why ARs run best "wet" with oil? 'Cause the stuff doesn't stay put and you have to dowse it to maintain lubrication! Best part is I bought this tub back in 1998 for $2.50  
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Break-Free CLP.  If it didn't work, the .mil would've dumped it and no one would use it.  Whether or not it is the best product for the purpose on the market is debatable, but the product is known to work in military conditions.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 11:19:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
awesome. does anyone have a link to the tests done by the military on this lube vs the others? i think it would be interesting to read

I don't. I've posted everything I have. I'd love myself to get ahold of that info though!

Interesting.  Just a couple of the things I found via a quick search:

Title:    DON'T BELIEVE LUBE RUMORS.

Citation: PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly Nov2006 Issue 648, preceding p2-2

Abstract:   The article advises soldiers to use only those lubes in their weapons that their TMs tell them to use. If an unauthorized lube is used by a soldier in his weapon, the weapon could stop firing. It is informed that 23 commercial lubricants were tested by the U.S. Army against CLP, the standard lube for most small arms. They found that CLP was better than all of them.

Of course, it's PS, so it doesn't actually cite anything..... because God forbid we make things easy.....

So I dug a bit, and did find this:

Army stands by official CLP products

<snip>

So the Army took a closer look at its field requirements, and solicited samples from manufacturers for products aimed primarily at lubrication. The Army Test and Evaluation Command tested 21 samples received by manufacturers, as well as the two CLPs already approved at the time, under multiple categories of application and a wide variety of operating environments

“The tests were on four weapons systems covering handguns, rifles and machine guns… bottom line, end-state to the tests was that the superior performers in all categories turned out to be those products which were already approved by the Army,” Nadeau said.

<snip>

And, with a little more digging, I was able to turn this up:

BREAK FREE® CLP LUBRICANT TESTING IMAGES
(maybe one of you materials/testing dweebs could make word or turd of this?)

I was even able to find the original request for lubricant testing samples here.

I found lots and LOTS of repeats of the "Army Stands by Official CLP Products" article, but never once did I find a link or cite to the actual source document.

I may make some phone calls tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 12:02:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My only problem with CLP is that it lubricates your hands pretty well too, and takes about 3 washes to get it off!

I starting wearing latex gloves after I read that some of the ingredients can cause liver cancer/failure with frequent exposure.

For what it's worth:

Title:    Characterization of the Skin Penetration of a Hydrocarbon-Based Weapons Maintenance Oil.

Author: Arfsten, Darryl P.
Garrett, Carol M.
Jederberg, Warren W.
Wilfong, Erin R.
McDougal, James N.
Add.Author / Editor: Arfsten, Darryl P.
Garrett, Carol M.
Jederberg, Warren W.
Wilfong, Erin R.
McDougal, James N.

Citation: Journal of Occupational & Environmental Hygiene Sep2006, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p457-464

Year: 2006

Abstract: Break-Free CLP is a commercial petroleum-based liquid used for cleaning, lubricating, and protecting firearms that is used in the United States by military personnel, police, and individual gun owners for maintaining a wide variety of firearms. According to its material safety data sheet (MSDS), Break-Free CLP is predominately polyalphaolefin oil but also contains dibasic ester and isoparaffinic hydrocarbons; all of these ingredients are known to induce skin irritation in laboratory animals. Studies completed in our labs found that repeated topical application of Break-Free CLP to the backs of CD-1 mice produced evidence of systemic effects. Studies were conducted to characterize the dermal penetration of Break-Free CLP in mouse, rat, and pig skin to provide insight on possible factors or causes of skin irritation and systemic effects observed in previous studies. Mouse skin was 37 times more permeable to Break-Free CLP than pig skin and 6 times more permeable than rat skin. Flux measurements from static diffusion cells showed an inverse correlation with mouse, rat, and pig skin thickness. The concentration of Break-Free CLP in mouse skin was 4.5 times higher than the amount found in rat skin and about 17 times higher than the amount absorbed by pig skin. These results support the idea that Break-Free CLP causes skin irritation and systemic effects in the mouse by both penetrating through and accumulating in the skin. The findings for rat and pig skin are probably most representative of Break-Free CLP flux into and through unprotected human skin and suggest that dermal toxicity studies in CD-1 mice overestimate the risk to humans. These results, nevertheless, suggest that persons handling or using Break-Free CLP should protect the skin from possible exposure.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:03:06 AM EDT
[#5]
very interesting info jake.

now can someone tell us what those pictures mean?

thanks for the dig...
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 9:06:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Been using BFclp ever since I started shootn. A guy I work with has a booth at gun shows buyin and selln odds and ends gave me 3/4 of a gallon jug of BF clp this past weekend. So I'm pretty sure I'll be usin nothn but clp for the next few years.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Slip Extreme Weapons Lube. FYI, there was a report by the army a few month back that stated that CLP didn't clean or lube very well.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:53:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Slip Extreme Weapons Lube. FYI, there was a report by the army a few month back that stated that CLP didn't clean or lube very well.

do you know where that report is? i would like to read it
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:24:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Commenting on the "combat proven" aspect of the o.p.'s subject, that would seem to predetermine the whole discussion toward only those lubes that are used in the service.  

But I think that some of the newer synthetics (that use PAO's and similar man-made compounds), which have already been mentioned in this thread, offer some superior properties.  

The best of the recent "wonder-lubes" IMHO, that I use or have tried (these are all good and roughly equal overall if you look at strengths, weaknesses, and cost-benefit comparison):

* CorrosionX
* Mpro-7 CLP
* Weapon Shield
* Gunzilla

One other item, not in the modern "wonder-lube" category, but still an outstanding competitor as an all-purpose lube and CLP product:

* Ballistol.   The amazing thing about this stuff is, it's essentially a combination of ...

<snip>

My point is not, drop everything and go out and use Ballistol.  But even though it's not one of the modern lubes, I still think it is VERY worth considering along with some of the above choices.  

Absolutely.

Ballistol, IMHO, is highly Under - rated.

Ballistol.com

ETA: So far, I enjoy using Ballistol + SLIP as an execellent combination for "CLP" purposes.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:41:31 PM EDT
[#10]
CLP works.  This is oil. It's cheap. There aren't going to be any multimillion dollar kickbacks, or whining from some Congressman who's district houses the Break Free factory.  Hell, Break Free doesn't even have the large contract anymore, all the CLP I've seen issued in the last few years was made by Royco.
If it didn't work, it would have been replaced years ago.  Look at it purely based on cost.  Weapons are expensive.  If they wear out faster, then more weapons have to be bought.  For the longest time, there wasn't a lot of money for replacements.  Even with the cheaper prices FN was charging for M16s.
If it were so bad, then just the cost of replacing a few Joes would have been more than getting a better lube.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:18:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Breakfree CLP for the last ten years, and have no plans to give it up. I've heard that CLP dries out quickly, and have noticed that, yes, the carrier does evaporate after a month or so, but the actual constituent lubricating and protective agents stay put.

Case in point: Last year I was shooting my Polytech AKS-762 , and a blinding rainstorm descended out of nowhere and dumped an inch of rain on us. I was about to get in the truck and head home, when I thought, "what the hell, this is an AK I'm shooting" and kept on keeping on. Wiped the AK down with an old rag, cased it up and went home. No trace of rust on arrival. Interesting, I thought, so I left it uncleaned overnight. Still no rust. I figured that SOME rust has got to show up after the soaking this rifle got out there, and I left it for a month, just to see what would happen, checking it inside and out every other day. No rust. Cleaned it up and soaked it again in CLP, and she still looks as good as new.

I just picked up an el cheapo NHM-91 from a local guy who kept it in his leaky attic for about ten years. It looked like a battlefield pick-up when I got it; heavy corrosion on the rear sight block, rear sight and top cover, and a ton of dirt, dust and grime all over it. I soaked it in CLP for a week and cleaned all the rust off of it with a stainless brush and more CLP. It's no beauty queen now, but CLP and some elbow grease really did a makeover on this old beater.

CLP works.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:35:41 AM EDT
[#12]
That's the interesting thing about the premise of the subject of this thread:  I'm not sure there even IS a "best" type of lube to use.  

I love this comment by Pat Rogers from an article titled "Keep Your Carbine Running."  He basically feels that many different substances out there will work for lube, but the really important thing with AR's is not so much what type you use, but that whatever you use, you lube them often and well:  

"I have used every type of lube imaginable, going from WD-40 (especially good when you have a dirty gun), to 3 in 1 oil, suntan lotion, butter and even Vagisil--don’t laugh, it works.  I may not want to use any of them for the long haul, but for a quick ix, it beats having a non-functioning gun.  The type of lube you use is something else that is full of mythology and sprinkled with fact."

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#13]
This is still going on

seems pretty easy to me
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Over the years I've tried all kinds of new "wonder cleaners" for firearms; but I always end up going back to Hoppe's #9. Some of the new wonder cleaners work as well as Hoppe's; but none of them work better. It's the same with BreakFree CLP. I've tried all kinds of different lubes--always go back to CLP.

A couple of points:

a) Unless you're taking a daily bath in CLP, I wouldn't worry about it. I've been using CLP for 24 years now and no problems--not even with the so-called "skin irritation". Just wash your little hands as soon as you can after using it.

b) Put a small CLP bottle in your range bag. Before you start firing, take out your BCG and squeeze some CLP onto the bolt carrier (NOT the bolt face!), put it back in, and start shooting! Run that BCG WET with CLP and you'll find that your rifle runs much smoother, and will clean up much easier at the end of the day. And the more trips to the range that you do this, you'll find that it's getting faster and faster, easier and easier to clean your weapon.

Hope it helps.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 3:17:39 AM EDT
[#15]
spit  it also has other lubricating applications
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 4:25:34 AM EDT
[#16]
CLP.

ETA: I use TW25B on my trigger and that's pretty much the only combat application I could ever see for it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 4:27:31 AM EDT
[#17]
THE TOPIC IS SO EASY

COMBAT PROVEN LUB

Well what is the military useing?  CLP

Well then its CLP
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 12:11:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I never have and never will use anything but Break Free CLP.  None better.

I do throw Gun Scrubber on when I'm cleaning up, but then I wash that away with more break free.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 5:02:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Slip 2000 has my vote right now. I can fire all day and its still wet inside where as BF is bone dry after 100rds. Not to mention I use 1/3 less patches in the bore to get it clean.
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 12:44:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Been using CLP for a couple decades

Years back in the early 90`s the military did say something about TEFLON (I THINK)
Pat rogers knows what Im talking about!

But we are talking a Combat proven!

I do agree Slip 2000 and other products made by them  IS SOME GOOD STUFF
I dont think SLIP been around as long as CLP in combat
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 12:45:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Over the years I've tried all kinds of new "wonder cleaners" for firearms; but I always end up going back to Hoppe's #9. Some of the new wonder cleaners work as well as Hoppe's; but none of them work better. It's the same with BreakFree CLP. I've tried all kinds of different lubes--always go back to CLP.

A couple of points:

a) Unless you're taking a daily bath in CLP, I wouldn't worry about it. I've been using CLP for 24 years now and no problems--not even with the so-called "skin irritation". Just wash your little hands as soon as you can after using it.

b) Put a small CLP bottle in your range bag. Before you start firing, take out your BCG and squeeze some CLP onto the bolt carrier (NOT the bolt face!), put it back in, and start shooting! Run that BCG WET with CLP and you'll find that your rifle runs much smoother, and will clean up much easier at the end of the day. And the more trips to the range that you do this, you'll find that it's getting faster and faster, easier and easier to clean your weapon.

Hope it helps.

I bet we are close to the same age
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 12:48:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
CLP.

ETA: I use TW25B on my trigger and that's pretty much the only combat application I could ever see for it.

TW@%B is good stuff

I would use it if I was in the water or getting wet alot

I used some on my NEW upper . stufff works great!

Takes just a tiny tab
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 1:36:11 AM EDT
[#23]
CLP and High temp Bearing grease
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 4:00:01 AM EDT
[#24]
  I Know a low post count doesnt pull much trust around these parts, but here it goes:
    I worked in a quick lube for 8 years (High School, College, and then some).  I am by no means a mechanic or a chemist, but Ive seen it all.  8 years, 5 days a week, 30 cars per day avg.  Ive seen old farmers insist on 20w50 in their brand new Ford trucks calling for a light 5w20 ("that shits like water" they would claim).  Ive seen people go synthetic and back to conventional. (I could probably write a book on sythetic oil myths.)  Ive seen people use oil for diesel engines in their gasoline cars/trucks.  I personally buy whatever brand is on sale, as long as the API certification label is on the bottle.  All of the above worked, and the difference is probably splitting hairs.  Again, im not an expert, but im calling it how I see it.  Oil opinions are like butt holes; everyone has one. The only time I ever saw adverse side effects was when people would consistently go WAY over their factory recomended oil change intervals.    
     I know an engine is very different than a gun, but I believe the same rules apply:  OIL AND CLEAN OFTEN... and you will be ok.  And yes, I use CLP and I use it often.  A little (and I mean a very very light coat) high temp grease on the carrier, cam pin, and the takedown pins on the Lower reviever(steel vs alum) helps, *I think*.  Take it for what its worth, but lubing your gun often is more important than what oil you use.  Thats my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#25]
I said CLP above, and stand by that, but since I got my Garand I've also been using MD Labs XF-7 grease on the Garand, my 1911 and the cam surfaces and receiver rails of my ARs.  It's good stuff, endorsed by Smith Enterprises.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Gents, here is a good article on Break-Free CLP. Right now, R&R Arms has the 1 gallon jug of BF for $55.89. Yep , I got one!

http://madogre.com/Interviews/breakfree.htm

Enjoy! Tacshooter
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 3:08:45 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
  I Know a low post count doesnt pull much trust around these parts, but here it goes:
    I worked in a quick lube for 8 years (High School, College, and then some).  I am by no means a mechanic or a chemist, but Ive seen it all.  8 years, 5 days a week, 30 cars per day avg.  Ive seen old farmers insist on 20w50 in their brand new Ford trucks calling for a light 5w20 ("that shits like water" they would claim).  Ive seen people go synthetic and back to conventional. (I could probably write a book on sythetic oil myths.)  Ive seen people use oil for diesel engines in their gasoline cars/trucks.  I personally buy whatever brand is on sale, as long as the API certification label is on the bottle.  All of the above worked, and the difference is probably splitting hairs.  Again, im not an expert, but im calling it how I see it.  Oil opinions are like butt holes; everyone has one. The only time I ever saw adverse side effects was when people would consistently go WAY over their factory recomended oil change intervals.    
     I know an engine is very different than a gun, but I believe the same rules apply:  OIL AND CLEAN OFTEN... and you will be ok.

And yes, I use CLP and I use it often.  A little (and I mean a very very light coat) high temp grease on the carrier, cam pin, and the takedown pins on the Lower reviever(steel vs alum) helps, *I think*.  Take it for what its worth, but lubing your gun often is more important than what oil you use.  Thats my opinion.

Low Post count dont mean Shit

Sometimes it tells  if one could be a troll!
low post count and Bashing a Brand Name etc!

Im with you

I Never Will Run my AR15 WET CLP

Some of these guys run there Bolt/carrier dripping wet??

Ive never had any trouble doing it my way for several years now
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#28]
The crap that was in the dirty spray bottle that all the supply Sergeants handed out. Good old CLP!
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#29]
How is M Pro 7 regarded? link
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#30]
I just got a Camp Perry special bottle of Gunzilla at the shoot. I just lubed one of my AR's and thats about it. It is a combination oil/cleaner and it is made from plants with no hazardous chemicals. Not much smell. Thats all I know so far, my 2 cents worth.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I just got a Camp Perry special bottle of Gunzilla at the shoot. I just lubed one of my AR's and thats about it. It is a combination oil/cleaner and it is made from plants with no hazardous chemicals. Not much smell. Thats all I know so far, my 2 cents worth.

I prefer to damage the environment with my cleaner

I love my carbon footprint.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 8:58:39 AM EDT
[#32]
have you ever tried STRIKE-HOLD?  Specwar was issuing the stuff to me a couple years ago.  armorer said "spray this stuff on, wipe it clean and you are done".  i did not trust it, but it seemed to work well on the SR-25 300 rounds between cleaning.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Used to use BF exclusively, but changed to a better CLP in FP10.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2008 11:07:36 PM EDT
[#34]
CorrosionX, or possibly the new Weapon Shield.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 5:12:00 AM EDT
[#35]
I gotta say im lovin Slip 2000 right now. It stays wet and it takes about 1/3 of the patches it took BF to get my barrels clean.
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I gotta say im lovin Slip 2000 right now. It stays wet and it takes about 1/3 of the patches it took BF to get my barrels clean.

My findings as well......Slip is good stuff.
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#37]
I have owned 14 AR-15's and have only have had 5 jams. Most of them were ammo related(Wolf). I have used LSA, CLP and rilfe grease(really thick stuff). I don't think the type of lube really matters as long as it isn't WD40 or Rem Oil. I am going to stick with the breakfree(clp) for now since it is fine in my ar's. My Kimber pistol is not doing well at the moment so I might try the FP-10 with that since Kimber says that works well.

http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/accessory.pl?accessory_id=1089
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 11:50:44 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I have owned 14 AR-15's and have only have had 5 jams. Most of them were ammo related(Wolf). I have used LSA, CLP and rilfe grease(really thick stuff). I don't think the type of lube really matters as long as it isn't WD40 or Rem Oil. I am going to stick with the breakfree(clp) for now since it is fine in my ar's. My Kimber pistol is not doing well at the moment so I might try the FP-10 with that since Kimber says that works well.

http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/accessory.pl?accessory_id=1089

Get some Weapon Shield rather than the FP-10.I can tell you from first hand experience that the Weapon Shield will stay on the weapon alot longer in use and storage and is a kick ars lube.Probably due to the slightly heavier viscosity and the fact its a full synthetic oil.
Also from what Ive seen in personal use the Weapon Shield is a much better protectant and cleaner.
Basically Weapon Shield a more up to date full synthetic rather than the synthetic blend FP-10.Both of the products were designed and formulated by the same guy(George Fennell) a decade or so apart so the performance characteristics basically remain the same otherwise.
www.weaponshield.com/page2.htm
Send them an email and they will give you a sample to try out.
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 4:10:31 AM EDT
[#39]
What about LSA? Am I just a throwback? he
I've used it for years though my supply is not limitless and will be 're-lubing' soon, hence taking a look at this great thread...
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 5:27:44 AM EDT
[#40]
alwas end up coming back to CLP, from BF

TXL
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 5:11:42 AM EDT
[#41]
I like Slip 2000, MPro-7, Gun Butter, & Slide Glide. These are all very good. Slip 2000 is my favorite for the AR. I am sure there are other good ones. There must be a gajillion on the market. Can't try them all.

Like others have said, keeping it lubed is the first step, and more important that the choice of lube.

For those that do lube regularly, there will never be a consensus.
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
How is M Pro 7 regarded? link

Great cleaner.  So far hasn't been shit talked by anyone.  Many say that SLIP200 is better, but that MPro-7 is still a good cleaner. I've found it works better than most of the smelly solvents like Hoppe #7, and the like for carbon.  Doesn't do much for copper though.

I've heard (here) that their CLP is pretty good.  Not many people seem to have used it though.
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#43]
I would have to say BF CLP is the best.. you can clean and lube your whole gun with it and your Bore.. I dont use solvent anymore just CLP. I find it works better and cleans faster then hoppes Solvent.. I have been using it since I got my AR about half a year ago and I love the stuff..
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 3:34:11 PM EDT
[#44]
i'm a big fan of running a wet gun. i know many are not. that said, i use breakfree clp and have been since the 80's.  i think it does an excellent job of cleaning, lubing and preserving.

some things i have noticed. on the rare occasion when bf-clp gets hot and starts to smoke i know it is time to let the gun cool and re lube.  it can be used as sort of an alarm. this way i don't overheat the gun.  i think it is a great preservative. i've never seen rust on a bf-clp cleaned gun.  i went a year shooting an old skeet gun weekly. during this period i never cleaned the gun and the bf-clp still prevented rust from forming.  this included shooting in the rain and snow.

my method of cleaning may be different than most. i'm lazy, so i'm a big fan of brake cleaner working in conjunction with the bf-clp.

with the dirty clp-wet gun, a judicious spray of brake cleaner cleans the gun spotless.  all crud and gunk is removed. i think this is in part due to the clp wet gun; the crud never gets a chance to attach it just sort of floats.  then i will run a copper solvent patch through the bbl, though i have never noticed any copper. (i don't know if this is the bbl's or the clp.) then i generously reapply/soak with bf-clp.  i found i no longer have to take the bolt/carrier apart as it is not necessary. it is spotless. the nozzles on the brake cleaner can and the br-clp can work perfect to fit the holes in the sides of the bolt carrier. i know my cleaning system would not work in artic or mideast conditions, but i am not in the artic or the mideast.

i don't want you to think i abuse my guns, to the contrary, i am very particular about them, my rifles are all 1/2 moa competition shooters. if the groups open up they get a new bbl. other than that one shotgun (i bought it used and pretty beat up, but it shoots great.) my guns are spotlessly clean and they are cleaned immediately after shooting.

joe
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#45]
I've been using M Pro 7 gun cleaner and I really like it.  It cleans just as good as Hoppes 9 and doesn't have the smell that drives the girls out of the house.  I've been using it as a cleaner and Slip 2000 as a lube.  This combo seems very effective.  

I got some Weapon Sheild in the mail today.  I am excited to try it.  I am also interested in trying Machine Gunner's Lube.

Take care.
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#46]
used BF CLP on everything from 155mm &105mm howitzers, M-2 .50BMG, M-60, M-1, M1 carb, M-14, AR-15, 1911autos, and S&W revolvers. how about Fishing reels? works great--- all the time.
Link Posted: 9/8/2008 7:31:46 AM EDT
[#47]
I guess CLP is still the favorite.
I never used it until I got the info from this site.
It is my go to penetrating oil now and has many lubricating uses in the shop.
Good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/9/2008 7:09:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Came across this new site for a new lube called Nanolube, go to NanoLube.net it sound good.
Link Posted: 9/9/2008 12:33:52 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Came across this new site for a new lube called Nanolube, go to NanoLube.net it sound good.

Junk.  $25 an ounce is a total joke.
Link Posted: 9/9/2008 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Junk.  $25 an ounce is a total joke.

Yup.  I would say look for the nanolube thread on m4carbine, but last I checked it was gone.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top