Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Bill did a cetme trigger for me too about a year ago.  I can't say enough good things about him or the trigger.

For lube (I don't know what secret sauce Larue is selling) I use Moly (as in molybdenum disulfide) grease.  It is the bees knees for any surface that cams (as well as my motorcycle driveshaft).  I use it for my glocks too.

I recommend This MOLY

Also a great company, I use their moly paste, it is the highest content paste short of a solid.

ETA: of course I have no affiliation with either, other than patronage
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 8:26:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I sent my trigger to Bill just last week and I already have it back.  I installed it last night and it feels great.  Very smooth, clean break, no creep.  

I had the 4 lb job done and it is a great bargain compared to the drop in units.  Im sure those are nice too, but for the cost difference (4 to 7 times as much) there is no way I would spend the money on one of them.  Plus I am kindve old fashioned in the sense that I like having original parts in the gun.

I will post again once I have fired it over the weekend.

Link Posted: 1/24/2008 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I sent my trigger to Bill just last week and I already have it back.  I installed it last night and it feels great.  Very smooth, clean break, no creep.  

I had the 4 lb job done and it is a great bargain compared to the drop in units.  Im sure those are nice too, but for the cost difference (4 to 7 times as much) there is no way I would spend the money on one of them.  Plus I am kindve old fashioned in the sense that I like having original parts in the gun.

100% exactly the way I feel about it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 8:51:51 PM EDT
[#4]
tag for more info.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I've done the 15 minute trigger job on one of my trigger groups and it improved it immensely. The only problem I have with it is the creep before the break. It's not rough, very smooth, just not like a regular rifle.  Does this trigger job fix that?  Does it break like the 2nd stage on a 2 stage kit?  

Link Posted: 1/26/2008 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#6]
HUGE +1 for his trigger job
I had him do the trigger on my precision rig, and it's as good as the $150-200 triggers IMO
no creep at all, and breaks like glass.

I'm sending him my next FCG in a few weeks.

ETA:  I use tetra grease on my FCG, works great
Link Posted: 1/30/2008 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#7]
   I had Bill do two 4lb triggers for me. Turnaround was about a week and a half. He must have done them as soon as he received them. I can tell a huge difference! No creep and a clean crisp break just as advertised.

I did have to take a little material off the top rear of the trigger to get the safety selector back in. With the different tolerances between forgings on the receivers, I imagine I am not the only one that has had to do this and is totally understandable.

I would recommend this trigger job to anyone looking for a big improvement over their stock trigger.

Link Posted: 2/21/2008 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Thinking about sending a couple of my RRA 2 stage triggers to him. For those of you that have had this job done on the 2 stages, how did they turn out. I want to get mine as light as safely possible.

Link Posted: 2/21/2008 2:17:29 PM EDT
[#9]
hello;

did a trigger for me 2 weeks ago.  now have a fantastic trigger.  would suggest spend a little extra and send the entire lower.  he is able to actually check his work on the trigger and not guess.  8 day turn-around.

rp
Link Posted: 2/22/2008 10:16:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've done the 15 minute trigger job on one of my trigger groups and it improved it immensely. The only problem I have with it is the creep before the break. It's not rough, very smooth, just not like a regular rifle.  Does this trigger job fix that?  Does it break like the 2nd stage on a 2 stage kit?  

Yes, the trigger pull is like a 2 stage when you have pulled through the first stage and are sitting against the second stage.

I have 2 of Bills and 2 2-stage.  When it comes down to it they are all about the same.
Link Posted: 2/27/2008 4:00:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
hello;

did a trigger for me 2 weeks ago.  now have a fantastic trigger.  would suggest spend a little extra and send the entire lower.  he is able to actually check his work on the trigger and not guess.  8 day turn-around.

rp

last I knew he was function testing them and did not need a lower sent???  Is this new?
(is it even legal to send a lower to a non-FFL? )
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 9:12:25 AM EDT
[#12]
tag
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Bill shouldn't need your lower...hopefully not.

Agree on the FFL thing, thats a grey area that most would not want to venture into.

Ive had 2 trigger jobs by him, and ive always sent my my trigger pack, pins, and safety
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 7:43:17 AM EDT
[#14]
A side note that may interst many of you:  Bill does other triggers suckh as SKS and Ruger 10/22.

my Ruger 10/22 trigger group is with him right now.
Link Posted: 3/10/2008 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Bill is a totally stand up guy.  He did a pile of triggers for me that went to the ashtray with "my kids".  All performened reliably during some periods of very hard use.

I dug the following out of the archives, and saved it for reference.  It may be a bit out of date, but should give the general idea:

AR-15, AR-10, all makes, standard trigger group; 3.75 to 4lbs pull, very short, smooth clean break, trigger staging/creep eliminated $32, 2.75 to 3lbs pull add $14 (match reduced power spring set installed; removal of hammer tail for better ignition included).

RRA NM trigger and Armalite NM groups; reduce takeup and creep 90%, pull weight reduced to a smooth 2.75 to 3lbs. $38.

Trigger work on HK 91, 93, 94, MP-5 PTR-91, all Century, SW-5, 3 and all other clones. Trigger creep reduced up to 94%+, rough feel is smoothed out, pull weight reduced to about 4.5lbs from the factory 10 to 12 lbs pull. $39 Minimize trigger slack take up and over travel add $15.
HK SEF full auto packs converted to semi $40 or $30 with trigger job.

Cetme; Trigger creep reduced up to 94%+, rough feel is smoothed out, pull weight reduced to about 5 lbs from the factory 10 to 12 lbs pull. Sear bar is unitized to the trigger to eliminate trigger slop. $39, option to reduce trigger over travel add $4.

Cetme/HK, PTR-91, CAI and all clones: Adjust Ejector for more positive ejection reliability, quite a few of these rifles do no not allow the ejector to fully ride up inside the bolt head for positive ejection $8.

SKS, Trigger creep reduced up to 90%+, rough feel is smoothed out, pull weight reduced to about 4.5 lbs. $29.

M1 Garand, M1A/M14, Ruger Mini-14, Trigger pull lighten up to 15%, rough feel is smoothed out, nice reduction in trigger creep. Take-up creep reduced up to 80%. $30

Robinson XCR and M96, 4 to 4.5lbs pull, very short, smooth clean break, trigger staging/creep eliminated $45

AK-47, 3.75 to 4lbs pull, very short, smooth clean break, trigger staging/creep eliminated $40

Armalite AR180b, 3.75 to 4lbs pull, very short, smooth clean break, trigger staging/creep eliminated $35

AR180, Sterling, Howa, Costa Mesa sheet metal receiver models: 5lbs, clean break, no creep. $35

Daewoo .223 all models, 3.75 to 4lbs pull, very short, smooth clean break, $35

FAL all models, 4.5 to 5lbs pull, very short, smooth, clean break, over travel significantly reduced $29

Ruger 10/22 2.75 to 3lbs pull, very short, smooth, clean break, $24

Uzi, FA and Semi reduced trigger creep and clean break. $35

Thompson all models, semi & FA, reduced trigger creep and clean break $35

Marlin Camp, 4lbs pull, very short, smooth clean break, $30

I can work most semi-auto rifles and shotguns email with your model for specifics.

10% discount for LEO, Military and Fire Dept individuals, also on 3 or more trigger groups.

10+ years experience, satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.
RETURN POSTAGE included in the price! 24 to 48 hour turnaround time. All that is needed is the trigger assembly, or trigger parts. Most customers receive their completed in about a week of sending it out. Many references on various Internet firearms forums.

Email if interested.

Thanks,
Bill Springfield

new email address: [email protected]
Link Posted: 3/10/2008 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#16]
prices have changed somewhat.   $46 for a 3lb pull on a AR.  32 for 4.   for the HK it is $54

edit....nevermind   duhhhhhh   the prices are the same..
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 9:59:44 AM EDT
[#17]
I got my 10/22 trigger back yesterday.. waa waa WOW!  great feel
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 10:16:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I've noticed that those who have had Bill do both the 4lb AND 3lb trigger seem to prefer the 3lb.

Anyone prefer Bill's 4lb trigger, and if so, why?
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a 4 and a 3. should have gotten both in 3lb
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#20]
<------- Happy customer

Seven day turnaround time; from mailbox to mailbox.
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 7:28:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Bill worked on my AR and a CETME I had.  Great work and service.  I recommend him every chance I get.
Link Posted: 3/15/2008 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#22]
I tried the address posted but it would not work for me. Is there another address or way to contact Bill Springfield. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/15/2008 9:41:14 PM EDT
[#23]
The latest email addy I have for him is this:

[email protected]

I agree with all that he does great work on CETME and AR triggers.
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 5:29:46 AM EDT
[#24]
I have 2 FCG sets that will be going out to Bill tomorrow.
He said to send the springs as well.  Does he do any work to the
hammer/trigger/dissconnect springs ?

Or does he just want to make sure that all is well with the set ?

Thanks,

Scott
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Thanks John, I was trying to use the address as a website rather than email address.
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Scott, I think he replaces the springs with a lighter set. I just got my 4 lb. Stag back from him and it is a vast improvement. I'll be using his services again. Thanks Bill!
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Scott, I think he replaces the springs with a lighter set. I just got my 4 lb. Stag back from him and it is a vast improvement. I'll be using his services again. Thanks Bill!

OK, I see.

But I assume from all of the positive recommendations that the hammer spring
is still strong enough for military primers ?

Thanks,

Scott
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 12:26:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Scott, don't know about the mil. ammo yet as I haven't shot any with the new trigger job. But, I will post results after my next range session.
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Scott, don't know about the mil. ammo yet as I haven't shot any with the new trigger job. But, I will post results after my next range session.

Thanks,  I look forward to it.

Scott

Link Posted: 3/16/2008 5:35:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/21/2008 6:16:02 AM EDT
[#31]
With all of the positive reviews for Bill's work I couldn't NOT do it.  I sent mine to him on Monday through USPS Priority Mail.  I emailed him today (Friday) to ask him when, based on his workload, he anticipated sending it back.  He replied in less than a half hour saying that it was finished and it went out yesterday (Thursday).  Now THAT is a quick turnaround.  I'm hoping to get it on Saturday.
Link Posted: 3/21/2008 6:37:03 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
With all of the positive reviews for Bill's work I couldn't NOT do it.  I sent mine to him on Monday through USPS Priority Mail.  I emailed him today (Friday) to ask him when, based on his workload, he anticipated sending it back.  He replied in less than a half hour saying that it was finished and it went out yesterday (Thursday).  Now THAT is a quick turnaround.  I'm hoping to get it on Saturday.

He must have had both of ours on his table at the same time.

I sent mine to him on Monday as well, and he mailed me also saying it went out
Thursday as well.  Damn good service if you ask me.  Which is rare today.
If the quality of the work is as good as his service, (and based on the reports here,
it seems like it will be), he will be getting some more AR trigger groups from me to do as well.  And possibly a FAL or 2 also.

Thanks for turning me on to him guys.

Scott
Link Posted: 3/21/2008 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#33]
I sent in 3 trigger groups awhile back and finaly got around to testing out one of the 4lb triggers yesterday. It was just a quick 3 shots to test function, all I can say is it was nice! NO creep and 4lbs is nice, light and crisp. I was very impressed, I cant wait to try out the 3lb trigger now. I dont think I am going to be wasting any more money on aftermarket 2 stages any longer.
Link Posted: 3/23/2008 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#34]
I just installed my #4 trigger done by Bill, and words can't say how much of an improvement it is over the factory setup. Turn around time was under three weeks.

No creep. crisp break. Very nice work. I'm impressed.

I'll recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nice trigger without spending a small fortune.

Thanks Bill, from a future repeat customer.

Link Posted: 3/24/2008 7:44:23 AM EDT
[#35]
I just opened the box from Bill and I am amazed.  I got the 3 lb trigger pull and the term "crisp" doesn't truly say how crisp and clean it breaks.  I love it.  I will NEVER pay $200 on a trigger group after seeing Bill's work.

For those of you wondering about other work he does...from Bill, "I work just about any semi-auto rifle..i.e. FAL, HK, AK, SkS..etc. 2 hanguns I work are HK USP's and P7's."
Link Posted: 3/25/2008 11:35:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Well went to the range yesterday and shot reloads, Lake City, Radway, Privi, and Malaysian ammo with the new 4 lb. tuned trigger. Happy to report that everything went bang. A great improvement on the stock Stag trigger.
Link Posted: 3/25/2008 11:40:20 PM EDT
[#37]
I have had Bill Springfield do 3 AR triggers for me, and friends have had several more done. I'm very happy with his work, and see no need for an aftermarket trigger on my ARs.

Link Posted: 3/27/2008 11:52:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Another very happy customer. I think he had my trigger group in his hands for less than a day. Turnaround was immediate and I had it back in my rifle and was testing it in just over a week! Best possible mod. Fully recommended.

Roger
Lifer, NRA
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 6:30:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Emailed Bill this mournin & within 10 minutes got this reply -

Still working them, A 4lbs pull clean break runs $32, a 3 lbs job runs $46,
this includes lightening the hammer and a match spring kit installed. I'll
need the trigger, hammer, disconnector, and their associated springs.

Return postage is included, personal check is fine. My address is:

Bill Springfield
4135 Cricket Ct.
Colorado Springs, Co 80918

Thanks!
Bill

Mine is going out Monday
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 7:12:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Don't want to sound dumb here...I have a LE6920 and haven't the foggiest idea on how to take the required parts out. Any links with pics PLEASE?!?!?!
I'm glad you guys pass on good honest info here.
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 7:47:36 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Don't want to sound dumb here...I have a LE6920 and haven't the foggiest idea on how to take the required parts out. Any links with pics PLEASE?!?!?!

Go back to the main page and look for Build it yourself, There is a vast amount of info there for you and me.

Rodical
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Dont have pics but all there is to it is-
Remove upper
Remove safty lever
Push out the two pins holding the trigger group ( slowly & hold on to the parts & pay attention to how they come out so you can reassemble )

I forgot i saved this link-
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

Link Posted: 3/30/2008 10:14:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Sent my trigger and stuff to him yesterday!  Can't wait to get it back!
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#44]
just got my 3# trigger back from him today. WOW! definite improvement!

Question though: anyone try his trigger w/a 9mm upper?  looking at his work, it doesn't look like i would need to go out and get a 9mm hammer to get work done, the standard one looks like it would work fine

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/shin_en/IMG_0704.jpg
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#45]
He's done two for me. Last one for an SPR type build. Can't say enough on his turn around times and great trigger work. Very light and crisp. No creep at all. Thanks Bill !
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 11:01:34 AM EDT
[#46]
I decided to get a 4lb job from Bill for my 20" build, and I have to say that I am simply amazed with the speed that he got back to me.  I sent it off last Saturday, and it was back in my mailbox on Friday!  I put it in my lower and function tested it, and I have to say that it feels AMAZING compared to my other stock triggers.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to actually shoot it yet, but I have no doubt that it will be nothing short of perfect.  Thank you for all your help Bill.  I hope to utilize your services again in the future!
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 11:09:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Bill is the man! I received my 4b trigger 6 days from when I mailed it to him. The difference is night and day. I reccomend Bill's service to everyone!
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Well I'm sold! gonna send him a couple of them.  Which do some of you guys like better, the 3 or 4 ib pull?
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Well I'm sold! gonna send him a couple of them.  Which do some of you guys like better, the 3 or 4 ib pull?

I have the same question!  I just received 2 RRA & 1 BM 4# triggers back from Bill and they are great.  How is the 3# trigger job different from the 4#?

Jeff

Link Posted: 4/5/2008 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#50]
I just sent 4 more groups off to Bill today, and I have 2 orders in
the shop that are going out to J & T Distributing for 2 DS-4 kits.

When those come in, their FCG parts will be going to Bill as well.

Best compliment I can give Bill is, thanks to him I sold my RRA 2 stage
match trigger set.  

Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top