Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/30/2007 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#1]
height=8
Quoted:
fuck it, I'll take one!   add it to my collection.

peace!hippie.gif

Me too!
Link Posted: 3/30/2007 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Sole Source Contract does not necessarily mean only Bushmaster could produce this rifle. It could have something along the lines of being the only manufacturer that could provide a certain number within a certain time frame and with a complete support package.

I did quite a few sole source contracts in Iraq and this was usually my justification.
Link Posted: 3/30/2007 11:09:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Why do they have a contract for 30 round magazines when they don't even make their own?

And the mags made for them aren't what I'd want to go to battle with.
Link Posted: 3/30/2007 11:11:47 AM EDT
[#4]
The TACOM order in question is a Foreign Military Sale (FMS).  Judging from the FMS Country Code, these Bushmaster rifles and carbines are headed to Oman.
Link Posted: 3/30/2007 11:34:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check the papers tomorrow for people hurling themselves off buildings. The only thing the note left behind will say is "Bushmaster isnt Mil-spec. Never!"

LOL. Might also read: "Give me Tier One, or give me death!"

That Tier One shit just wears me out...

Good shot, VB3...

FOUND MY NEW SIGNATURE!!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2007 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#6]
A lot of posters in this thread that do not read  and comprehend well.

Bottom line, It's a contract to supply weapons to some one other then the U.S.Military....It's not that hard if you read it and watch for punctuations and such....

See ya all in another year when there is a thread on "Blackthorne awarded Government contract" and everyone things they are the new supplier to the U.S. Military....

Link Posted: 3/30/2007 1:54:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Just for shits & giggles, here's a pic of me using a govt issued Bushmaster (1/9) in Afghanistan.  

Govt issued indeed, but not military issued, although plenty of troops (like myself) used them.

Link Posted: 3/30/2007 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Just for shits & giggles, here's a pic of me using a govt issued Bushmaster (1/9) in Afghanistan.  

Govt issued indeed, but not military issued, although plenty of troops (like myself) used them.

img443.imageshack.us/img443/7055/bminafghvi5.jpg

OH MAN!! HOW DID YOU LIVE?!

DID YOUR BUSHMASTER EXPLODE IN THE MIDDLE OF COMBAT BECAUSE OF NON MIL SPEC REAR SIGHTS?

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW YOU SURVIVED WITH A BUSHMASTER, THEY'RE NOT EVEN TIER 1!!@#!!!

IF YOU DON'T HAVE A PRANCING PONY ON THE SIDE, THEN YOU JUST SIGNED YOUR DEATH WISH!111197!!&!17

Sorry, I thought I was the Colt fan boys for a second.

Link Posted: 3/30/2007 2:40:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
In Before Scott Ryan and his Colt apologists

Thanks, I just spit water all over my screen!
Link Posted: 3/31/2007 4:25:11 AM EDT
[#10]
no he didnt live-that is the ghost of bushmaster past haunting the forums and the mid coast of maine

I bet his bushy was purple too

THE HORROR
Link Posted: 3/31/2007 5:57:44 AM EDT
[#11]
How do you say why is my rear sight all the way to the left when it is zeroed in in Arabic?
Link Posted: 3/31/2007 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

img443.imageshack.us/img443/7055/bminafghvi5.jpg

BS, that photo was taken somewhere in Nevada. Everyone knows one drop of iraqi sand will make anything other than Colt melt like faces in Raiders of the Lost Ark
Link Posted: 3/31/2007 9:31:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it true that Bushmaster is the only company in history beside Colt and FN to make M16 rifles and M4 carbines for the U.S. military?

In short, no. Harrington and Richardson (H&R) made a lot of M16A1's...

AND they MADE FAL wich we should of used instead of the M14
Link Posted: 3/31/2007 9:34:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why do they have a contract for 30 round magazines when they don't even make their own?

Not only does Bushy make thier own magazines, but the only one I have is split in the back because the welds broke after falling the height of the rocker on a hmmwv.

Unless something has changed recently, Bushy does not make its own magazines.  Every Bushmaster mag I've seen was either a Labelle or a D&H with a Bushmaster floor plate.  

They make the SHITY 10 rounders

wich JAMM in every AR15 Ive used
Link Posted: 3/31/2007 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is it true that Bushmaster is the only company in history beside Colt and FN to make M16 rifles and M4 carbines for the U.S. military?

No, in fact there is almost nothing true in this entire sentence.

Bushmaster has never made M16 rifles or M4 carbines, and probably never will.

FN has never made M4 carbines.

M16 rifles have also, as has been mentioned, been made by Harrington and Richardson and the Hydramatic Division of GM in the 1968-69 time frame.

TRW made M14s but never M16s.

could of Bushmaster  sold them out of the USA
Link Posted: 3/31/2007 9:36:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
http://www.defenselink.mil/contracts/contract.aspx?contractid=3476

You forgot Mattel.

Yep!  

Link Posted: 3/31/2007 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
everytime one of these "do they or dont they" threads pops up i always post this:

The first M4 i ever carried and shot in the Marine Corps i was going through a school at Camp Lejuene and i was issued a bushmaster M4 with a fixed A2 carry handle. the finish was worn and it appeard to have had a hard life. it was semi/burst configuration.

I had a friend tell me his had a DPMS lower

this was in the N.G.

Link Posted: 3/31/2007 9:42:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
everytime one of these "do they or dont they" threads pops up i always post this:

The first M4 i ever carried and shot in the Marine Corps i was going through a school at Camp Lejuene and i was issued a bushmaster M4 with a fixed A2 carry handle. the finish was worn and it appeard to have had a hard life. it was semi/burst configuration.

What did the lower say? From what I've read, Bushmaster supplied quite a few rifles built to M4 specs when the M4 platform was still in experimental stages.

They've been buying up lots of guns for 3rd parties lately. Ruger P95's, SIG SP2022's, Glock 17's, and probably alot more.

Im not much on GLOCK  BUT love the MOD 18
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top