Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 1/8/2008 8:18:00 AM EDT
[#1]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
Has anyone tried a magnifier with their Trophy yet? I'm tempted to buy a cheap 3x magnifier off ebay and see if it would work with my Trophy.  Worried it might push the Trophy to far foward.  Maybe with the right mount and moving the magnifier all the way back might work.  Anyone tried this yet?

That is how mine is set up. The magnifier works great with the Trophy, I shoot this setup with both eyes open and it works well for me. You will have to mout the Trophy fowwrad. I put mine on the railed handguard. not a problem so far. I mounted the Mannifier with a lever QD mount because the eye relief is short and I had to put it on top of the rear BUI sight (with sight filpped down). It needed to be raised as well for proper sighting thru the Trophy. If I need to transion to the iron sight I will just pop the magnifier off and flip them up.
It will work you will just need to figure out how to mount it on your setup.

Thanks for the info Ranger55.  I'm going to try a magnifier.
Link Posted: 1/16/2008 7:25:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Just ordered one from Binoculars.com for $150 shipped.  A few questions: first, has anybody range-tested the alternate sights on the body, and are they accurate at all?  Secondly, am I still going to need the 1/4" riser to get the reticle up even if I'm not planning on running a rear sight?  Lastly, what kind of magnifiers are you guys running with this optic?

Definitely glad I found this thread; thanks for the help, guys.
Link Posted: 1/17/2008 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok.... MidwayUSA is pissing me off!

They delayed my order for a third time now so I canceled my backorder.
I already went ahead and order it from Opticsplanet.com and they sent me a email saying it shipped today.

So gimme about a week and ill be sure to post a few pics once its on my rifle.
Link Posted: 1/17/2008 4:27:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Got mine on ebay around Xmas time, 138 + shipping. Shot it twice so far and I'm really happy with the optic. I have it mounted above the BUIS and works for me.

http://usera.imagecave.com/44splfan/DSCF0073-copy.jpg

http://usera.imagecave.com/44splfan/DSCF0332.JPG

Also just added the Sully stock, works great with the new optic......CMC trigger module on the way next!
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Is this compatible with a weaver style rail? Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I had a surprise waiting for me at my front door when I got home from work tonight.

This thing is absolutely beautiful, I love the green and red reticles and everything about this scope so far seems extremely solid.

I'm a little disappointed that Optics Planet decided to take off another 10 bucks from their sale price a week after I sent them my order..... Oh well, at least they had them in stock.

I cant wait to get this thing to the range, I have a trip planned for this weekend so I should have a very nice opportunity to get to know my new scope.

Link Posted: 1/22/2008 3:46:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine showed up today, but alas, I haven't gotten my new railed upper together yet, so the p0rn will have to wait.  It does look awesome though, and seems very tough; the reticles look great.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 3:06:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I saw earlier in the thread that using the YHM EOTech mount worked well with this, and was wondering if anyone has tried using it with a Larue QD mount.  Will it even fit this mount?  Post pics if you've done it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:27:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I searched this thread and didn't see any mention or comparison to the SPOT red-dot scope.  I would seem that these two scopes are similarly priced and have similar capabilities.  I would be curious to know how members rate these two scopes compared to each other.

The SPOT scope is smaller and lighter, and probably easier to mount with a BUIS, while the Bushnell has the (IMHO) better reticle.  The SPOT seems to be very rugged in testing described on this site.

I am looking for a fun red-dot for my flattop and I am considering these two so far.
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 5:49:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Is anybody running a magnifier that will thread into the front of the scope housing?
Link Posted: 1/30/2008 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I think this was answered but what is the actual length?
Link Posted: 1/30/2008 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think this was answered but what is the actual length?

6 1/4 inches for the scope and the mount itself is 3 inches long exactly.
Link Posted: 2/1/2008 10:54:21 PM EDT
[#13]
OK....so I sat and read 13 pages of reviews on this optic..I didn't see any range reports. How well does this thing actually work? What kinda groupings do people have? How far out can you expect to shoot with this?
Link Posted: 2/2/2008 3:20:52 AM EDT
[#14]
because you asked for it!!!

RANGE REPORT:
i took mine out this weekend and put it on my brand new 16" gov't upper, so i could take it out 'yote hunting.  

it took me a little while to get it dialed in.  the increments didn't seem exact to me, and i kept bracketing the bull (hopping from above to below and back with each sight adjustment.) but there may have been other factors, i.e. brand new barrell, barrell heating and the fact that i'm a horrible shot.  once dialed in it stayed zeroed through the 50 more rounds i put downrange.  

off the bench i was getting 4-6" groups with my "bulk" handloads (pulled, not sized 55grn FMJs and not very exact charges).  with my "precision" handloads (55grn Dogtowns, with which i get 3/4 MOA with a good 12x scope and some luck)  it dropped to 1.5-2", which is smaller than the aiming point, and pretty good for me with a non magnified optic.

i hit the woods with it that night.  using a friend with a red spotlight.  the green reticle on it's lowest setting (which is invisible on snow in the day) was perfect for this application.  even on the lowest setting it showed up bright against the red spotlit background.  the T Dot reticle seems like it was designed for this, the T makes it quick to get on target and the Dot offers a level of precision.  unfortunatly we didn't have any luck calling anything in.

my conclusion is, unless i'm trying to shoot bottle caps beyond 200 yrds, this optic gets it done and is well worth the price.  unless a problem arises with duribility, which i don't forsee, i'll be buying another when i get my next upper.
Link Posted: 2/2/2008 6:56:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Hawken50-  What was the distance of the target you were shooting at? 25yrds? 50yrds? 100+yrds? Thanks man for the quick post too! I just want to get a feel for how far you can reach out for this optic...accurately!
Link Posted: 2/2/2008 7:10:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Hawken50-  What was the distance of the target you were shooting at? 25yrds? 50yrds? 100+yrds? Thanks man for the quick post too! I just want to get a feel for how far you can reach out for this optic...accurately!

25 yards to get it on paper, groups and plinking at 100.  i took some shots at a 300yrd target that someone had left on the range, but it was to shot up too tell where i was hitting.  if you know your drops, i have every confidence man sized targets @ 300 and beyond would be no problem.

the level of accuracy i was getting seemed ideal to me.  2MOA from a 3MOA dot means your bullet will impact in the area coverd by the dot (discounting drop of course).  yes, this is more a function of ammo than scope, but you get the idea.  if your 3moa spread over your targets center mass, your bullet should impact center mass.

i was also going to get an MOA measurement from the dot to top of post, and for the posts of the T for a simple BDC/windage dope, but forgot.  i'll post it when i get it done.

ETA: the way i look at it.  if your target is bigger than your dot, you're good to go.  a woodchucks vitals maybe 3"- 4"  and the dot's 3MOA so 100-150yrds.  a 'yote's vitals are probably 6", , so you could engage @ 200yrds with confidance.  man's vitals, 9", so 300yrds, and so on.
Link Posted: 2/2/2008 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#17]
I recently talked to a Bushnell rep and he told me Trijicon  makes a ACOG 3x that will fit on the Bushnell MP and you can save a lot of money that way. I have yet to contact Trijicon to confirm. this if anyone researches  this please let me know.
Link Posted: 2/2/2008 5:18:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a 1st generation Bushnell Trophy I'm not using.  If anyone needs one for their setup.  Drop me a PM with a offer.    I have used this for about a year it works great does have some wear marks on the adjustment cover caps.   I can take photo's and email if you need.   I promise to be fair and truthful.

If you need pictures don't forget your email address.
Link Posted: 2/2/2008 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#19]
has anyone mounted one of these on a "Z-rail" ? I have one mounted on my a1 upper with a carry handle mount and find it is way to high to utilize.
Link Posted: 2/2/2008 11:23:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I recently talked to a Bushnell rep and he told me Trijicon  makes a ACOG 3x that will fit on the Bushnell MP and you can save a lot of money that way. I have yet to contact Trijicon to confirm. this if anyone researches  this please let me know.

This sounds very interesting, I searched every square inch of Trijicon's website and couldn't find anything about it. If anyone knows where to find one of these I'd sure love to get one for my scope.
Personally, I thinks its almost a perfect little scope besides the fact that its unmagnified.
Link Posted: 2/3/2008 7:43:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
This sounds very interesting, I searched every square inch of Trijicon's website and couldn't find anything about it. If anyone knows where to find one of these I'd sure love to get one for my scope.
Personally, I thinks its almost a perfect little scope besides the fact that its unmagnified.

That makes two of us, chief.  I scoured their site as well and didn't find one.  Somebody further back in the thread has one set up; I'll backpedal and send him a PM for some info and let you know the skinny.
Link Posted: 2/4/2008 10:47:32 AM EDT
[#22]
I've been thinking about trying one of these out.  I've had the multiple reticle 1x28 on my rifle for a year now.  It works great and still is, but I think I may need something a little more "heavy duty".  Right now I'm juggling the between the MP, Aimpoint Clone, or just saving for a Eotech.  I had the opportunity to look through a Eotech a few weeks ago at the range, and I really wasn't all that impressed with it over my 1x28.

Question though, is there a reason everyone has them mounted so far forward?  Will the back not clear a flip-up rear sight?
Link Posted: 2/4/2008 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Anybody have pics of this mounted forward of the carry handle on an A2?  On top of the Carry Handle is too high, but I would be interested in seeing this optic mounted forward.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/4/2008 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey I just ordered one of those bushnell trophy rifle scope and I noticed some people writing about a mp version. I saw them online and are about $10 more, the specs look the same but I dont see a mp version on the bushnell site to compare specs. I ordered the second gen scope for $138 at opticplanets.net with free ups shipping. Hoping to co witness with stock bushmaster rear sight for a flat-top hopefully all will fit knowing the trophy is pretty long according to the great photos people post in here. So basically is the mp any better or rugged or other websites model number? ________

::Edit::    none in stock could be a few weeks backorder  Just My Luck, tried another site $20 more guy said only 1 left will have to wait until tomorrow to see if I was the only order for it that day so maybe I might get that one.
Link Posted: 2/5/2008 7:43:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, mine's up and running.

Link Posted: 2/6/2008 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Well I just bought one from a member on the board. Hopefully i'll be getting it within the next week or so. I'll post back up to let you know how it is.
Link Posted: 2/6/2008 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Well, mine's up and running.

i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/RTUtah/IMG_0818.jpg

If you dont mind whats the brand name or where did you get that stubby vertical grip from. I like the size.
Link Posted: 2/7/2008 7:51:21 PM EDT
[#28]
WOW!!! I can't Believe this 14 page on my post.  
SO COOL  

Any way  I want to buy the new 2nd generation Bushnell Trophy. is the parts number the same, are all the 1st generation Bushnell Trophy gone?

did Bushnell fix the mounting Screw?

what the best price for the 2nd generation,

by the way mine 1st  generation  is still working great!!!!

tk
Link Posted: 2/8/2008 6:32:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Guys this seems like a kick but scope the only thing holding me back from buying one is it has no magnifacation if they had one in 3x or 4x I would get one!
Link Posted: 2/8/2008 7:34:57 AM EDT
[#30]
height=8
Quoted:
Guys this seems like a kick but scope the only thing holding me back from buying one is it has no magnifacation if they had one in 3x or 4x I would get one!

You know I always thought about that too but the more I think about it a 1x is more useful for any situation espically up close where you dont have time or space to focus in on something and you can have a clear picture of everything around, plus easily have both eyes open to use. Thats why one of those external fold down 3x magnifiers would be a good add on for some type of zoom when needed. What would be perfect is a type of fiber optic or the tritum like the acog so you dont need to use the batteries except in very low light but then the price would be higher.
Link Posted: 2/8/2008 7:39:36 AM EDT
[#31]
check opticsplanet.net.  I just ordered mine yesterday for 138 shipped!  Gen 2, BTW.
Link Posted: 2/8/2008 7:58:24 AM EDT
[#32]
height=8
Quoted:
check opticsplanet.net.  I just ordered mine yesterday for 138 shipped!  Gen 2, BTW.You know I ordered one from them on monday and on tuesday they didn't have any so I had to cancel im sure they still dont have any because they said maybe 3 weeks out. I found another place but I got the last one they had so you might want to call them to see if they dont have any, also see if they say they just sold the last one because thats the e mail I got, just wondering if they do that to keep you waiting and to buy from them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2008 8:08:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Yeah, they said they are back ordered.  2 weeks.  I can wait, especially for that price.  I prefer iron sights for most of my shooting.  In a few weeks we're going to need all the tools we can get.  I got inside info that says there will be some testing of a zombification virus next month in the mountains of NC.  I hope I get it before that happens... just in case...
Link Posted: 2/8/2008 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Well, let me be the first to say I am about to sound like a moron.
Why do you want a 1x scope?  What is the advantage of this over the BUIS?
Just trying to learn...thanks.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2008 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

it's basically a suped up red dot.

no need to align the sights, usable at night, etc.
Link Posted: 2/8/2008 4:37:55 PM EDT
[#36]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

it's basically a suped up red dot.

no need to align the sights, usable at night, etc.

So it is for faster sighting basically....ok, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 7:55:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Finally got mine last night, I had also ordered a rear folding sight and it co witnesses exactly in the center of the scope. I did the look down bore by eye and the crosshair lined up perfectly at 35 yards measured out. Will see how it does at the range next week. One thing I did was sanded the stupid white logo off the side of the scope and the knob. Of course on the scope it wore away the metal too much so I had to spray paint it. Used a semi flat black and it matches perfectly. One trick I did was used chapstick on a toothpick and filled in the white iron sight dots so after I painted the scope I just wiped away the chapstick and the dots reappeared.>>
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o56/mikegigabyte/AUT_0146.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o56/mikegigabyte/AUT_0142.jpg
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Anybody have advice for zeroing one mounted on the handle of my Olympic A4? I just got mine with the adapter to mount on the handle. Easy eough to mount.. just don't know where to start at the range.
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Remove the upper from the lower.
Remove the B/C/CH from the upper.
Prop up the upper on something solid.
Sight down the barrel on something easy to spot up to 50 yards away, if possible.
Adjust the red dot to be at the same point as what you see through the barrel.
Check back and forth a couple of times.

This will get you on the paper, and you can tweak it in from there.

Link Posted: 2/13/2008 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Finally got mine last night, I had also ordered a rear folding sight and it co witnesses exactly in the center of the scope. I did the look down bore by eye and the crosshair lined up perfectly at 35 yards measured out. Will see how it does at the range next week. One thing I did was sanded the stupid white logo off the side of the scope and the knob. Of course on the scope it wore away the metal too much so I had to spray paint it. Used a semi flat black and it matches perfectly. One trick I did was used chapstick on a toothpick and filled in the white iron sight dots so after I painted the scope I just wiped away the chapstick and the dots reappeared.>>
i117.photobucket.com/albums/o56/mikegigabyte/AUT_0146.jpg
i117.photobucket.com/albums/o56/mikegigabyte/AUT_0142.jpg
Very nice work. Any more pics?
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 5:52:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Here is a pic of the rear sight up.
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 6:24:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Just for S 'n giggles, can a magnifier be placed behind this sight the way you can with an aimpoint or EOTech?  
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Just for S 'n giggles, can a magnifier be placed behind this sight the way you can with an aimpoint or EOTech?  

Im sure anything is possibe, if the scope was far forward you could or have the magnifier in front on the handguard
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 7:12:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Here is my history on my rifle, Pics arent that good  .... Pics of the same rifle just different parts.
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 8:28:56 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Here is my history on my rifle, Pics arent that good

Nice set up!!  I have one coming for a 16" build I'm trying to finish up.  If you don't mind me asking, who's rear sight did you go with?
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#46]
His
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here is my history on my rifle, Pics arent that good

Nice set up!!  I have one coming for a 16" build I'm trying to finish up.  If you don't mind me asking, who's rear sight did you go with?

Its from cheaper than dirt, and its a gg&g look alike, the gg&g is $120.00  GG&G Sight CLick Here  

The one I got is $50  My Sight     Click Here

Have not had a chance to use it but it seems like a quality part. It fits perfectly for what I needed and for the scope I have its a center co witness, I was hoping 1/3 but since it folds down it doesnt matter.
Link Posted: 2/16/2008 8:05:02 AM EDT
[#48]
After seeing my current EOTech dreams dashed for the foreseeable future, I just ordered an MP Trophy off Opticsplanet, so I'll post a pic (it's the law!) when it gets here.

Just hope it coexists nicely with my YHM BUIS.
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 7:10:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Forgive me if this sounds lame as I know NOTHING about these types of optics...  

Has anyone ever tried to use a magnifier with this style sight?  Is it even possible?
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone?  
Page / 11
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top