AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
This forum sucks now.  No wonder all the knowledgable people left.

+1,000,000,000

If you have nothing good to say in a thread don't say anything at all. Its that easy. Quit shitting in threads. If someone likes somthing good for them if you don't like it, STFU. I have seen many stupid things on this site and have not said anything. Quit acting like 13 yr olds that have to comment on everything.

You don't like what someone says..then don't post...

Pretty simple..

That same logic applies to you, chief.

You really want to know why this forum is begining to suck, at time, is that people think that airsoft shit belongs on a REAL rifle...

Have fun with your airsoft chief...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
This forum sucks now.  No wonder all the knowledgable people left.

+1,000,000,000

If you have nothing good to say in a thread don't say anything at all. Its that easy. Quit shitting in threads. If someone likes somthing good for them if you don't like it, STFU. I have seen many stupid things on this site and have not said anything. Quit acting like 13 yr olds that have to comment on everything.

You don't like what someone says..then don't post...

Pretty simple..

That same logic applies to you, chief.

You really want to know why this forum is begining to suck, at time, is that people think that airsoft shit belongs on a REAL rifle...

Have fun with your airsoft chief...

Its not your rifle and its not my rifle so let it go.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I don’t see any real problems with installing a clone on your rifle, I see a problem in comparing it to American quality.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought one from the same seller. I've dumped about 1000 rounds through without problem. The quality may not be compairable to a real Aimpoint, but for $60, you can't beat it. Say what you want, but unless you are in the desert, these would do just fine.

Kris
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Half the guys here aren't even mil-spec, couldn't even run a mile yet, somehow they are part of an elite delta fighting group that can only look down upon others for having a Clonepoint.

Amazing.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Half the guys here aren't even mil-spec, couldn't even run a mile yet, somehow they are part of an elite delta fighting group that can only look down upon others for having a Clonepoint.

Amazing.  

Very good point!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Amazing.  

I ran two miles yesterday.  Does that make me the "Aimpoint" of ARFCOM????
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Whoa, there! Eliteist snobs, much?.

well yea

Truth is I've got one Aimpoint, one ACOG and I'm looking into the knockoff ACOGS just for the hell of it.

nice looking gun btw though
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had one of these for months. Still works fine with the original batteries and still holds zero. No need to spend $300 to punch holes in paper. I think it was $60 well spent.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#10]
someone wrote "when you shoot it, the dot will dissapear, the shock of the bullet will turn it off, then you must hit it to come back on"

same thing was happening to me, until I went with the Duracell 1/3 N single battery. So far, I have about 500 rounds thru my clonepoint and no problems other than the dot disappearing during shooting. But like I said that was cured by going to one battery.

regards,

Luis Leon
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#11]
What cracks me up the most is that "MILSPEC" is the best and it can do that and other things that will make everything eles look like shit. The .gov buys from the lowest bidder in most cases and in all probablity is the cheapest shit on the market. That may not include all cases, but I will bet dollars to donuts that aimpoint, colt, magpul, Boeing, lockheed, eotech, alice gear, or anything you want to think of that the .gov buys has failed. Iam in the AF(deployed to Afgainistan) and use this gear and let me tell you it could be better. Sometimes MILSPEC is not better. If you go broke having a hobby its the wrong hobby. Punching holes in paper does not require $500 optics. And I highly doubt that if you do buy it we will have a SHTF situation. Iron sights ought to be good for that anyhow.(how ya gonna get batteries?)

BTW get off the airsoft bashing. Its pretty old, let'em have their fun. And if they want to put airsoft shit on their rifles/carbines let'em. Iam buyin the "Clonepoint" for my Bushy cause I want it. (I have used the MILSPEC aimpoint and cannot justify spending the money for personal use.)

My rant is done. I have broken my own rule sorry.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:12:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Would an Airsoft take care of my stray cat problem? If so i'd get one
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What cracks me up the most is that "MILSPEC" is the best and it can do that and other things that will make everything eles look like shit. The .gov buys from the lowest bidder in most cases and in all probablity is the cheapest shit on the market. That may not include all cases, but I will bet dollars to donuts that aimpoint, colt, magpul, Boeing, lockheed, eotech, alice gear, or anything you want to think of that the .gov buys has failed. Iam in the AF(deployed to Afgainistan) and use this gear and let me tell you it could be better. Sometimes MILSPEC is not better. If you go broke having a hobby its the wrong hobby. Punching holes in paper does not require $500 optics. And I highly doubt that if you do buy it we will have a SHTF situation. Iron sights ought to be good for that anyhow.(how ya gonna get batteries?)

BTW get off the airsoft bashing. Its pretty old, let'em have their fun. And if they want to put airsoft shit on their rifles/carbines let'em. Iam buyin the "Clonepoint" for my Bushy cause I want it. (I have used the MILSPEC aimpoint and cannot justify spending the money for personal use.)

I heard all kinds of myths like that when I was in too.  I don't suppose you have a shred of proof to back it up?  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I heard all kinds of myths like that when I was in too.  I don't suppose you have a shred of proof to back it up?  
Welp I've got no proof but I know that a couple times before going into certain places they'd tell us "Before you get cocky remember all your gear is made by the lowest bidder."
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welp I've got no proof but I know that a couple times before going into certain places they'd tell us "Before you get cocky remember all your gear is made by the lowest bidder."

Exactly

To add to the myths I've heard:

The bullet wobbles/tumbles in flight at close range, but straightens out at long range to make it more accurate.
Various versions about downloading mags to make them more reliable.
Your M16A2 costs the .gov $8000 so don't break it.
Your M16A2 costs the .gov $100 it is cheap.
An AK47 can fire your ammo, but you can't fire it's.

All of this from Senior NCO's or Officers who were "in the know"
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:19:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:22:14 PM EDT
[#17]
buy some new bags those are fugly mags
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:47:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
buy some new bags those are fugly mags

I've got 6 brand spanking new 30rd'ers with the magpul followers coming in next week. These are my beaters. But hey, they always work and haven't let me down yet.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:52:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Some of us beat the hell out of our guns while training, others do not. Some of us feel it is important to support the companies that bust their asses to suppor us, others do not. All that said, I can't see myself beating down a man for his choices in these areas.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:09:06 AM EDT
[#20]
I talked to John yesterday and I asked him about shutting down. He just started laughing his ass of and said where did I see that rumors. He is still in bussiness he took my order and I recieved my product on time. By the way the ACLOG clone.....................works, even the bdc reticle.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:23:11 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I talked to John yesterday and I asked him about shutting down. He just started laughing his ass of and said where did I see that rumors. He is still in bussiness he took my order and I recieved my product on time. By the way the ACLOG clone.....................works, even the bdc reticle.

if you dont mind me asking, how long did it take for it to arrive, I ordered from him and was curious as to how fast he ships

BTW, these ARE NOT designed for airsoft, they are meant to handle the abuse of a REAL FIREARM. So the airsoft argument is moot......
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#22]
oh and another thing, can these mounts that are included hold a zero if taken off and put back on?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#23]
He is in Canada so it took like 2 weeks for mine to arrive. My mount has held zero when taken off and put back but I have to use a little blue loc tite on it or it will loosen when firing.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:50:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
oh and another thing, can these mounts that are included hold a zero if taken off and put back on?

Doubt it.

If the real mounts (other then LaRue) cant even hold zero, I highly doubt the pot metal airsoft mount will.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#26]
 User Info     IM User     Email User     Reply     Quote  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

Dace
Team Member

Doubt it.

If the real mounts (other then LaRue) cant even hold zero, I highly doubt the pot metal airsoft mount will.

[blue]I have jumped my M4/M68 in numerous times, and it has held zero.  No it was not with a LaRue mount.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doubt it.

might be a hard question for anyone to answer but how much shift in POI seems to be the max if it is removed then put back on? not specifically this mount....
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:37:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:48:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Two words “DROP TEST”  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I BOUGHT AND CLONEPOIT OF OF JACK AND ALL I CAN SAY IS.......................................... IT ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY THAT I PAID SO MUCH MONEY FOR THE REAL THING EVEN THOUGH I LOVE IT. I HAVE PUT OVER 700 RNDS THROUGH IT AND IT HAS NOT LOST ZERO NOT ONCE.I BELIEVE THEY ARE THE SAME SCOPE HOUSING MINUS INTERNALS.

You would be wrong.

DEAD WRONG!

Also, the knowledgeable folks have left (like Pat Rogers) because there are tons of Troll's, AirSoft Kids and people that think a $35 clone of an Aimpoint is the same thing!

C4

This is why, if the trend continues, this forum will suffer..
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Aimpoint clones ARE NOT real Aimpoints and should not be substitued for the real thing.

As long as you understand that it's an inferior cheap optic that is not a substitute for the real thing, I don't see why it's so controversial. It may work for plinking, but beyond that it's questionable. That is the bottom line.

Between the airsoft product promotions and the childish insults, I think this topic has run it's course.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#32]
so who makes a good copy of the old colt carry handle scopes?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#33]
I will not be dropping the $50 or $60 on a Gold membership this year if this shit continues.  

The Staff and Mods ought to stifle even the interest in this shit before they have to worry about arguments in the EE and feedback forums between buyers of fake crap and sellers who "thought it was real" when they sold it...

Keep the Airsoft shit in the Wargaming forum...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:38:35 PM EDT
[#34]
this thread isnt about an airsoft optic.....
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#36]
yea sorry i'm not gonna start faulting a man for how he wasn't to spend HIS money. /shrugs/
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#37]
IBTL

Let's clear a few things up.

1.) It is NOT an airsoft optic.
2.) I am not trolling, but reviewing a good optic for people who can't afford/justify a real Aimpoint.
3.) The optic is worth the money, but SO IS A REAL AIMPOINT. If you have the cash, get the real one! I just didn't see the need in MY CASE.
4.) No one in the Aimpoint company is going to have to cook their pets to feed their family because I bought an Aimpoint clone.
5.) When all is said and done, the optic WORKS. It holds zero. It, so far, RETAINS zero when removed, and is a great buy for the money.

The way most of you talk, you'd think you all wear Calvin Klein, Levis, Nikes and NOTHING else. There are other alternatives out there that don't involve paying an arm and a leg.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:17:32 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
this thread isnt about an airsoft optic.....

Its about a cheap asian knock off.  Same thing Airsoft is.

Do you know why none of these are made in America or a European country?  Because these countrys actually beleive in upholding the law and giving credit to original genious.  Because they would get their asses sued by Aimpoint for trademark and copyright infringement.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I will not be dropping the $50 or $60 on a Gold membership this year if this shit continues.  

The Staff and Mods ought to stifle even the interest in this shit before they have to worry about arguments in the EE and feedback forums between buyers of fake crap and sellers who "thought it was real" when they sold it...

Keep the Airsoft shit in the Wargaming forum...

I was on a board for a while that was for hardcore fourwheelers and fab guys who built their rigs.  Some of the technical discussion that went on there boggled even intelligent minds.  It was that technically deep.

Then the board was invaded with a rash of new people who just bought their first Jeep.  And you started seeing posts like "what size tires can I fit on my stock Jeep" and "whats the best tint for my plastic windows."  To old core began to dispear because they got sick of it.  People who didnt know what they were talking about jumping into realk tech threads.  ANyways, the mods created a new forum called the "Newbe" forum or some such name.  Every post that even had a hint of being from someone new, or those posts that had been answered a billion times before, was moved to this forum.

It cleaned the place up a little.

Thats what they should do here.  Create a new forum for people who want to discuss alternatives to the real products or where all newbe type threads are moved.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
The way most of you talk, you'd think you all wear Calvin Klein, Levis, Nikes and NOTHING else. There are other alternatives out there that don't involve paying an arm and a leg.

yea?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Dace, I don't think that we have the same problem here as you had on the unnamed 4x4 site.

All beltfed wanted to do was show his completed ar that had an aimpoint knockoff on it.
Then the "gearqueers"  had to jump into his thread and start flaming him for not buying a real aimpoint. He clearly posted that it is intended for nothing more than plinking.

Would moving his post into a "Newbies" forum solve anything? People are coming into his thread and starting trouble. He isn't going around into every optics thread and leaving comments like "aimpoints are teh sucks, buy this kickass clonepoint for so much cheaper!!!!1" or  jumping into threads that he doesn't understand.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Dace, I don't think that we have the same problem here as you had on the unnamed 4x4 site.

All beltfed wanted to do was show his completed ar that had an aimpoint knockoff on it.
Then the "gearqueers"  had to jump into his thread and start flaming him for not buying a real aimpoint. He clearly posted that it is intended for nothing more than plinking.

Would moving his post into a "Newbies" forum solve anything? People are coming into his thread and starting trouble. He isn't going around into every optics thread and leaving comments like "aimpoints are teh sucks, buy this kickass clonepoint for so much cheaper!!!!1" or  jumping into threads that he doesn't understand.

I guess maybe I am more referring to another thread where a guy was actually comparing airsoft parts to real parts.

I mean he actually bought some airsoft ARMS rings and did a review of them compared with some real ARMS rings.  And he came out saying they were just as good.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:49:02 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I mean he actually bought some airsoft ARMS rings and did a review of them compared with some real ARMS rings.  And he came out saying they were just as good.

*DISCLAIMER* I have not the fogiest idea what thread you're talking about here.

Was it maybe a joke or just something trying to rib people a little bit?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:54:00 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess maybe I am more referring to another thread where a guy was actually comparing airsoft parts to real parts.

Must have missed that thread. Wouldn't happen to have a link to it would you?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Beltfedleadhead -- Your M-4 looks good. Keep us posted on how that clone setup holds up.
I know the optic works -- specifically the mount
Clone Haters -- Threads have titles that usually give a good idea of the topic. Don't read it if you don't like it. At least stock up on Zantac and Blood Pressure meds -- don't want to see any ulcers or strokes

Citizens of California, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts (sp), Connecticut and any other place that is currently in SUCK MODE wake up.  The Constitution is for YOU too. SUCK NO MORE.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:06:26 PM EDT
[#46]
This optic was designed for a toy, a toy not a firearm,  topics like this have their place and its not on a firearms forum
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Hammer, NJ is a lost cause.

I say we pack all of the liberals in jersey and build a really big wall around the state.
We could pay for the wall by letting the airforce conduct missle and bomb tests there.......
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Hammer, NJ is a lost cause.

I say we pack all of the liberals in jersey and build a really big wall around the state.
We could pay for the wall by letting the airforce conduct missle and bomb tests there.......

Works for me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
This optic was designed for a toy, a toy not a firearm,  topics like this have their place and its not on a firearms forum

How do you know that? Obviosly this is a decent plinking optic, seems to handle plenty of other members AR-15's. Ultra cheap red dots truely meant for plastic toy guns cannot handle this
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I can. I was a supply troop at my first job and I dealt very closely with the contracting folks to get parts. AFI 36-110 LRS procedures. AFMC OI 32-8901 from the SECAF which states clearly that all products and services will comply with all FAR's. If you can find them and can understand them cause they are not in english that you will understand. They do not state that everything will be bought on the cheap but 99.9% of the shit that is procured will be from the lowest bidder. Why do you think FNL builds the M-16 rifle? Cause they can make them the cheapest. Why do you think that we have the F-22? Cause it can do what the AF wants for the cheapest. If you read my post I stated that the .gov buys the cheapest IN MOST CASES. That is my shred of proof.
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top