Quoted:
I will try one once it is out.  

When does it come out??
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Anybody out there???
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:06:22 PM EDT
[#4]
This sounds like a solid deal. Who is going to sell them?
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#5]
The first 500 scopes will be available from GRSC at a introductory price of $350.00 plus S+H. Scopes should be here june 07. The scopes are currently in production.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:53:46 PM EDT
[#6]
can we preorder or should we wait until they are released.  thanks
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#7]
   I think I will make a list, military personell will get priority after that it will be first come first serve. There will also be a discount for military, LE and firefighters.  I will not take any money untill I have scopes in hand ready to ship.

ED                
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Will this scope be shock & water proof?

What will the expected battery life be for the lit reticle?
Link Posted: 3/1/2007 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#9]
SPECS
• 1-4X 24mm front objective (true 1X)
• 30mm one piece tube
• fast focus eyepiece with diopter range -2 +3.5
• exit pupil 1X 24mm 4X 6mm
• full multi-coated lenses
• eye relief 1X approx. 3.5" 4X approx. 3"
• nitrogen filled
• water proof 3ft for 1 minute
• shock proof tested at 2000g
• glass etched FFP GPC M4-62 illuminated reticle
• illumination reostat has 11 settings with off position between each setting
• CR 2032 battery
• battery life approx. 100hours on max illumination
Link Posted: 3/1/2007 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Can you email me the price I might already be in the sandbox when it comes out but if I can get it sent to me in the sandbox I would like to try it.  $350 is the price does it come with a mount as well or is that seperate.  Just trying to figure out how much to save so I can beg the wife for funds.  I have a EOTECH and a AIMPOINT so I am intrested in the 1-4X GRSC scope.
Link Posted: 3/1/2007 7:29:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
SPECS
• 1-4X 24mm front objective (true 1X)
• 30mm one piece tube
• fast focus eyepiece with diopter range -2 +3.5
• exit pupil 1X 24mm 4X 6mm
• full multi-coated lenses
• eye relief 1X approx. 3.5" 4X approx. 3"
• nitrogen filled
• water proof 3ft for 1 minute
• shock proof tested at 2000g
• glass etched FFP GPC M4-62 illuminated reticle
• illumination reostat has 11 settings with off position between each setting
• CR 2032 battery
• battery life approx. 100hours on max illumination

Thanks for the info Chen!

Looks like I'll be getting one of these after all.  What's the ETA?
Link Posted: 3/1/2007 10:17:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Tag because this looks like a scope that won't cost more than my rifle and will do what I want it to.

x156
Link Posted: 3/3/2007 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Looks like I'll be getting one of these after all.  What's the ETA?

NYP,

The scope are in full production as we speak or type..Ed is looking to take delivery of the first 500 scopes by July 2007.

Price is 450.00 but he is dealing direct for the first batch and giving everyone the intro price of 350.00 and an added LEO, MIL and Firefighter discount that you would have to contact Ed to get.
Link Posted: 3/3/2007 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/3/2007 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I like the reticle, I'm interested in this, plus, gives me a little time to hold up some funds.

Link Posted: 3/3/2007 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#16]
This looks like  anice scope....

Sean
Link Posted: 3/4/2007 4:01:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Very interesting. It's about time someone produced a scope with those type of features at a sane price. I have been looking at a variety of 1-4x illuminated scopes now for several months, as IMHO, these are the most versatile optics on the market. I have always loved the CQB reticle on the IOR scopes, but those are pretty pricey.

Typically, I am turned off by most stuff that's made in China. But that tends to apply to cheap stuff that's DESIGNED as well as made there. This is no cheap knockoff it appears, but a well designed scope that when made to spec should be very good quality. Again, the price tells us a lot. While $350.00 for such a scope made in the US would not be viewed as overly expensive by most of us, a scope made in China that's going at that price indicated it's made up of good components. If this were a typical cheap knockoff, it would be selling for about $50.

I will likely give one of these a try, especially since I am a firefighter and you were so kind as to include us in the discount along with mil/leo. That gesture is very much appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/5/2007 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Tagged for release.  I already have one, maybe two patrol rifles we may try it out on...
Link Posted: 3/12/2007 6:43:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm in for one.  Email sent.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2007 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#20]
For those that are already excited with this new scope, i would like to add more to your excitement.  I worked with Ed on this project since day one.  We were looking for a scope that will work as an optical sight (red dot) at the same time as a scope.  I remembered when I talked to Valdada about it so that they will make it for ED but they never did it with front focal point.  US optics made a few with Ed's specification but the cost of the samples were $1,400 each.  I have one of the prototypes that were made in China according to Ed's specification and I am enjoying it.  I sent one for testing with the Special Forces in the Philippines and we are trying to get an order from the armed forces because this is a scope that will increase the efficiency of the soldier directly.  If I get the contract from the Philippines I have a deal with Ed that he will give it a priority.  We already tested it with the M14 and it really works great. The eye relief is long that you can use it as a red dot.  At 1X power the horseshoe is very small that it looks like a big dot and we tried shooting a man size torso metal plate at West End Gun club stationed from 100 up to 198 yards(laser range finder) speed shooting as fast as we can with hitting all the metal plates every time.  Another advantage that I observed is when you are shooting moving targets, for as long as your rifle is moving together with the target (not stopping to aim) and the horseshoe is within the body, there is no need to lead the target. We tested the brightness of the scope and it is better than the one that US optics made.  But again you have to test it. I know most of us are skeptical about Chinese made and I am still but we have to base it on testing the product.  You have nothing to loose, if you do not like it, I think Ed will take it back with a full refund.  Ed is a very honorable person that he wants full satisfaction of his products. I showed it to several defense contractors and all of them want one.  For now I have a back order of 15 scopes for these guys.  I showed it to several media people at the shot show and all of them were impressed with it.  When Ed was designing it, i told him that it should be very simple so that the soldier will not think about what lead should he use or how to calculate, this scope doesn't need any calculation, just shoot and you will hit the target because most of the soldiers can not estimate the distance including me.
Link Posted: 3/13/2007 10:59:01 PM EDT
[#21]
By the way, I fogot to write down that I tested this with a full-auto M4 for about 300 rounds.
Link Posted: 3/14/2007 1:10:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Heck I'm in for one.

When are you going to start the list?
Link Posted: 3/14/2007 2:27:49 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
$350 for a Chinese scope!!!

I think the price point is too high for a Chinese scope.  At that price i would be looking at the Leupold 1.5-5x variable as a midrange option. Yes the Leupold is a few bucks more but it has a lifetime warranty from an established company.
Link Posted: 3/17/2007 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#24]
GRSC's mid range scope 1-4x24 illuminated CQB

VeritasMP
Post Number :: 3

USA

I'm in for one. Email sent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted :: 3/12/2007 7:43:02 PM PDT

I have received several emails, I don't have much time to spend on the computer therefore if you include your phone number with your email I will call you back and answer any questions you may have. I can get things done much faster this way. Please be patient, may take me a couple days to get back to you.

Thank You,
Ed
GRSC

Link Posted: 3/17/2007 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#25]
To all who have expressed interest in the CRS GPC M4-62, THANK YOU. I am in the process of trying to sign up as an industry partner, as I do not feel it is proper to be advertising my product on this website with out being a paid advertiser. Please bare with me as I am more of a trigger puller than a key puncher. All this computer stuff is "greek" to me, so I've got a lot to learn. As soon as my payment goes through and I become an industry partner I will be putting out a lot more information on my scope and other products on this website. If you do email me please leave your phone number and I will call you back to answer your questions ASAP. This is the most efficient way for me to operate at this time. I don't type worth a damn. This is being done for me by proxy.

Thank You very much,

Ed Verdugo
GRSC
Link Posted: 3/18/2007 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#26]
I want on the list too
Link Posted: 3/20/2007 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#27]
  I will be at the Costa Mesa Ca. gunshow this weakend 3-24&25. I have no scopes to sell but I will have one on display.I will not know my table location until I check in Saturday morning. You can find my location at vendor check in, usually at the north west corner of the south west building.

Thanks
     Ed

Link Posted: 3/22/2007 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I want on the list too

+1  I'm in!!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2007 10:33:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Any specs on field of view?

What % of light transmission will it do?

Why 3 feet for "one minute?"
Link Posted: 3/23/2007 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#30]

I have been getting quite a few emails from people wanting to be put the list to purchase scopes when they come in. Thanks for giving your phone #.  I have tried to call everyone to let them know they are on the list. In the future please also include your time zone . I don't want to be calling late at night.

If you get to the costa mesa ca. gun show this weekend try to stop by.

Thanks
          Ed                                                                                              
Link Posted: 3/24/2007 4:59:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Hey Ed, got your message yesterday. Thank you.

Mel

Link Posted: 3/24/2007 10:36:14 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm in for one, just sent you email.  If this were available today I'd buy one today.  I'd love to have this on my patrol rig.  I'll put it on some of my personal rifles and try to sell the idea to the firearms staff at work.  This beats what we're using now.  Thanks for making this.
Link Posted: 3/25/2007 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#33]
I was thinking the same thing.  We back up our distance shooters with AR's.  This might be a nice compromise to some of the current solutions.

I think once they are available we will pick up a couple for testing purposes.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2007 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#34]
I would also be interested in one.
Link Posted: 3/31/2007 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#35]
email sent.  I want one.  Put me on the list for one scope at $350!
Link Posted: 3/31/2007 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Email Sent Sir! Also is it 3ft for 1 minute or is that a typo?

Tag
Link Posted: 3/31/2007 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Email sent.  I'd like to be added to the list.
Link Posted: 4/2/2007 6:05:24 PM EDT
[#38]
I had recently been considering a Leupold CQ/T for my patrol rifle. After talking with Ed on the phone this evening, I'm convinced that his scope is the way to go. He's got me on his list, and it is growing fast!
Link Posted: 4/2/2007 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
To all who have expressed interest in the CRS GPC M4-62, THANK YOU. I am in the process of trying to sign up as an industry partner, as I do not feel it is proper to be advertising my product on this website with out being a paid advertiser. Please bare with me as I am more of a trigger puller than a key puncher. All this computer stuff is "greek" to me, so I've got a lot to learn. As soon as my payment goes through and I become an industry partner I will be putting out a lot more information on my scope and other products on this website. If you do email me please leave your phone number and I will call you back to answer your questions ASAP. This is the most efficient way for me to operate at this time. I don't type worth a damn. This is being done for me by proxy.

Thank You very much,

Ed Verdugo
GRSC

Ed,

Just to clarify something.  I want to make sure that by posting here saying I want on the list (as I already did), is enough to be on THE LIST.  I want to make sure that I don't have to email you and speak to you on the phone before being added to the list.  From what I've read here alone, I'm willing to cough up $350 just to try it out.

Thanks for the effort on such a worthy project!

ADH
Link Posted: 4/2/2007 10:06:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 5:04:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Thanks for the clarification, Email sent

Quoted:
  adh,

To clarify, to get on the list you will need to call me @ 951-8459838 or e-mail. I need your name phone # and time zone. To date the list is up to 320. So far I have called everyone who has given me thier phone # and talked with them or left them a message to verify that they are on the list. If you haven't heard from me your not on the list . When the scopes are on the way I will post it here and also call everyone on the list. Iwill also post more info on the scope and try to answer all the questions .
     Iknow there is  some opposition to having the scope made in China. I couldn,t  get it done here in the USA . This scope would have been out about four years ago if I had not tried so hard to get it made here in the USA.  I tried to have a good quality scope made that will help keep our men alive in combat. I wanted brighter illumination and better waterproffing but this is the best the factory can offer at this time. I think it is best to describe this scope as water resistant. It will be fine in the rain or if it is dropped in water but if you infiltrate thirty feet under water this scope isn't going to cut it.
To keep this in proper prospective you need to know that the prototype scopes made for me by US OPTICS were not waterproof either and the illumination was not as bright as this scope. The US OPTICS scope would have retailed for about $1400.00 Don't take this wrong and think I'm saying this scope is comparable to the US OPTICS scope because it isn't ,what I'm saying is that I wasn't happy with the US OPTICS scope in these two catogories either.
 One person asked about the field of view @ 100 yards. I'll post that info when I get it, but if you look at the 100 yard pictures it will give you a pretty good indication of what it's like.
  More later.

Thanks
         Ed
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 9:01:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Only read 1st and last page but one question: any chance of a .308 reticle?

TIA, good work BTW!

jim

Edit: And Ed, if you don't already have a logo/business identity to sell these under... I, uh, "know a guy"...
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 9:56:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Make that #322
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Does the illumination work in bright daylight?
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 8:15:02 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Does the illumination work in bright daylight?

Not bright enough.  

Only scopes that has bright enough reticle is S&B short dot and Spectre DR. both are well over 1500.00 each.
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 8:25:26 AM EDT
[#47]
IIRC, #326.

At least from his message, Ed seems like the kind of guy I'd like to have a beer with.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 10:19:22 AM EDT
[#48]
I was number 324 when Ed called me last night.  I am excited to get in on the first batch.  Ed will sure be making alot of calls in a few months.
Link Posted: 4/5/2007 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Email sent to get our PD on the list... thanks for doing this!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2007 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Just sent an email....I'll take one.

Page / 15
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top