[#1]

Quoted:
What is the pricing on this stuff?

Depends on how bad you want it!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:00:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
DevL,

Order a shitload of it, and sell it to us non LEO's.

I'll give you a cookie.

He's not LE...but I am
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I have 2 relatives that are Local LEO's, They would slip me a micky anytime if you know what I mean but I'm happy with the loads I have trained with because I know these rounds are just as effective as the 75 gr NATO rounds. Round placement, thats all I need to concentrate on. I practiced with 100 rounds of the stuff below and 60 rounds of the (BlackBox stuff) FPD. I am totally comfortable and confident that either of the two will do the same job as the stuff everyone is getting excited about here in this thread. Good Luck to all the new users of the Hornady 75gr. NATO rounds.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#5]
So what LEO is going to be my new best friend?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:02:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So what LEO is going to be my new best friend?

You might have to wait around for a little, i'm sure theres a LEO out there willing to take you in.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:47:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
JJREA

Ordered a box from Cabelas, thanks for the info!
you should be on commission!

myit

O.K., you need to send me 1/4 of all your purchases that I referred to you.  Oh wait, you only got a box, dang.  That's only 12.5 rounds.  How are you going to split up that .5 of a round?  I'll take the bullet.  He he he he he.  Black hills should send me free ammo because I'm always selling there stuff on here.  He he he he.  I'm just kidding.  Jeff's the kinda guy that would. So I'm kidding.  You guys I refer have to buy more ammo to make it worth his while.  He ehehehe heheh.  

I've been shooting more 06 lately anyways.  Garands and 03's.

BTW, I'm glad to help.  There's alot of misinformation in the world and it's irritating.  So it's refreshing to come to a site where alot of people, not all, but alot, know quite a bit.  This is and has been a very good site for information on this subject of  all guns.  We are very blessed to live in these times that information is so available.  But because it is, it takes a discerning mind to know what's true and what's not.  I think I said that already basically.  Well, I'm done talking now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:36:23 PM EDT
[#8]
The box that my 5.56mm 75gr TAP arrived in listed a muzzle velocity of 2665fps out of a 14.5" weapon.  My last 10 round average out of a 20" weapon was 2848fps or about 200fps faster than BH SAAMI loads in my same weapon.

For what it's worth, the BH SAAMI loads have proven very deadly on whitetail deer.   We have taken 3 deer with 3 rounds and all went down very quickly.  If you are a civilian and can't get the higher pressure TAP rounds, don't worry as the SAAMI BH loads will do just fine to 200yards or so, especially out of a 20" barrel.

By the way, I also dealt with Kathy at Hornady to get my ammo.  Very helpful.  Glad to see that other officers are able to buy it directly as well.  I was told several times by people on this board that I couldn't buy the ammo directly even though I obviously did.  It piss'd me off but I too feel vindicated.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:32:16 AM EDT
[#9]
RANGE REPORT ON THE NATO SPEC'D LOADS NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:32:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
well..?  Any explanation as to why LEO Sales Only  yet?

myit

Simple: liability.

Choosing to sell ammo loaded above SAAMI-approved pressures directly results in an increase in liability insurance costs, as well as potential direct liabilities from dumbasses who might use it in a match .223 chamber and damage their rifle.  Liability insurance is determined by the actions of the DUMBEST individuals in the community, not the wisest or even the average.

If you only knew how many times I've seen, for example, one type of audio or video cable forced into a jack of the wrong type or crossed over DESPITE obvious color-coding on both ends, you'd know just how truely dumb and apathetic most people are.  The same thing applies to guns.  Do you know how many people try to use the wrong caliber ammunition in a gun on any given day?

-Troy

I agree Troy, but we can sign that paper just as easily as a LEO.

Most "noobs" won't know how to pursue this ammo, much less that it exsists.

No offense to the fine LEO community out there, but I have met cops that I am suprised they can spell gun, much less shoot one.

How many times do you see Federal and Winchester screen consumers on their NATO pressure ammo?

Bad buisness decision by Hornady. I am not attacking them or calling for an uprising. I just wanna be able to shoot it in my NATO chambered guns.

ETA: Is this like Colt making large FCP's lowers and sear blocks? You know the shit they get for that!

this is not a slam aginst LEO !!!!! just stating a point.........

"LEO" dose not mean everything" ya never met my brother in law lol

great cop but dumb as a stump when it comes to weapons..................

i have to clean his duty weapon evey 3 or 4 weeks

first time i did he had so much lint built up in i was amazed it fired"he had just used it a few weeks prior to tag a bad guy"
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:51:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Scotter260

OBTW.

Here.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I've tried the Hornady 75gr. TAP (not NATO) in my 1/9 RRA upper with great results no keyholing. Cabelas is presently out of it or I'd buy more. Any suggestions as to what to buy now? The role for the ammo is defense. I am not LE but my neighbor is. For clarification BH 77 MK is not MK262 right? I would realy like to try MK262 but I am unsure where to buy.

I am editing my post because I went back and re-read some of the others posts. BH 77MK at Cabelas IS apparently MK262 seconds. So, anyone got any idea if it will stabilize out of my barrel? (Yes I only have one AR) I am ordering a box.  

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:58:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Tagged

Willing to purchase a 1/2 case of 5.56mm 75gr TAP ammo if anyone wants to order extra!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:06:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:27:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
RANGE REPORT ON THE NATO SPEC'D LOADS NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What he said...........maybee out off a 16 incher match gradeSS rig.......like a Dennys Recon if I can be picky.............
Link Posted: 10/17/2005 6:51:51 PM EDT
[#16]
got off the phone with Horn. LE rep. 1 case inbound...........will have a report as sonn as I can make it out to the range.......the rep quotes a MV of 2760 ish for a 16" barr. well see..............................
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top