Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/19/2006 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OK guys. I did a little research on pricing and availability for these cases which I'll share with everybody. I spoke with Tom at Thermoworks in Utah, a Pelican dealer. He can get the 1200 cases in black, yellow, orange, grey, desert tan and OD green. Maybe there are a few other colors as well, but I thought the desert tan and OD green might be nice.

Price with the foam is $33.57, and you can get them without the foam for $29.10. He can ship within a week of getting your order. I told him I'd post his info, so if you call Tom to order, please tell him Chuck referred you. His website is http://www.thermoworks.com. Telephone: 1-800-393-6434.

Thanks a lot. That was a cool thing to do.

FYI:  I'm putting you on my "Do Not Kill" list in case SHTF.

I thought that the most a survival forum member would commit to is "I'll eat you last."  
Link Posted: 5/19/2006 8:54:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool....

Tan Tag

ETA:  Not for SHTF Grab-N-Go, but for easy transport to the range.  And yes, there are a few jackasses in the world.

EATA: I emailed Thermoworks to inquire - they don't seem to offer them without foam on their website, and I could not find pix of OD, Tan or Silver.
Link Posted: 5/19/2006 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Their entire line of cases is not shown on the website (whose IS?). Call Tom or Diane...it's a toll free number, how easy can it be...they'll get you what you want.

Flushdraw and Danno-in-michigan - thanks guys...I'm touched.
Link Posted: 5/19/2006 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/20/2006 12:44:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Tag Bomb
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 4:49:28 AM EDT
[#6]
After receiving a couple of the Pelican 1200 cases from Thermoworks, I can confirm that they're the right cases...10 mags fit perfectly. My suggestion is to get them with the foam, which consists of 3 pieces (a thin sheet on the bottom, an "egg crate" sheet on top, and the brick in the middle). Keep the top and bottom sheets for padding and remove the big brick block. Works perfectly and the mags won't rattle around in there even with rough handling with the top and bottom sheets in place. Got mine in desert tan and OD green. They're really slick. If you order the foam inserts as I suggest, you can always turn the box into a pistol case if you decide not to keep mags in there down the road. Cost me $8 for shipping for 2.
Link Posted: 5/26/2006 6:01:54 AM EDT
[#7]
The case is nice but about 10 more times expensive than a time tried ammo can.
Link Posted: 5/27/2006 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine should be here Monday !
Link Posted: 5/28/2006 9:16:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I see many people loose their mags and ammo in traggic boating accidents or the big flood.  This case should help with that where an ammo can will not.
Link Posted: 5/28/2006 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
   YA Because a grab and go bag is needed all so OFTEN. U guys are funny.

The picture was taken from the trunk of my car.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/jsinz/traunkshot2.jpg

Here is an avatar for ya:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/jsinz/indexlogo2.gif

For rest of the bunch, I will grab a ruler and do some scientifc measuring to find out which one this is.

He's a cop, @$$hole.  

AZK9,

Thanks for sharing bro.
Link Posted: 5/28/2006 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
   YA Because a grab and go bag is needed all so OFTEN. U guys are funny.

The picture was taken from the trunk of my car.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/jsinz/traunkshot2.jpg

Here is an avatar for ya:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/jsinz/indexlogo2.gif

For rest of the bunch, I will grab a ruler and do some scientifc measuring to find out which one this is.

Too bad the COC prevents me from calling you an ignorant asshole. FYI, his trunk looks like that because he's a cop and its his duty car....Duh!

ETA: Tag
Link Posted: 5/28/2006 12:11:36 PM EDT
[#12]
WOW alot of hostility ! Cant a guy just want a perfectly sized neat, sturdy box to hold his magazines ? Im not expecting to go deep sea fishing with it or anything, its just nice to have something secure and secureable to keep my ammo in. Also I plan to make it do double duty as a lockable carry case for my handguns once my permit clears.
Link Posted: 5/28/2006 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/29/2006 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#14]
"SHORT BUS WINDOW LICKERS"

Nice slogan, specially coming from a police officer. I have a very close relative who may end up riding one of those "short buses" and yeah he may put his mouth against the window at some point. "Window Lickers" huh? If it ever comes to a point where you have to assist one of these short buses, will you still call those kids that face to face? Or radio to your dispathcer that you're helping a bunch of "window lickers"? My friend's kid is only 4y/o and he probably won't realize that people make of him because of what he does and what he is. He's always smiling and happy and is oblivious to the fact that kids in the neighborhood don't want to play with him. He's just trying his darn best to live his own life. Both his parents are hard working people, the father working long hours so he could pay for his son's therapies. Its hard enough to have a special needs child who cannot go to school without a classmate picking on them everyday but even harder to realize that there are adults out there who do the same thing. I hope you never get to experience how difficult this can be.

The guy who replied to your post earlier is definitely a smart ass and deserves a smack across the head, but please don't get him back by insulting handicapped children.  PEACE.

Link Posted: 5/29/2006 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#15]
LiesurePro,com has them for $28.80, with foam.

ElKabong
recoiltherapy.wordpress.com
Link Posted: 6/2/2006 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
OK guys. I did a little research on pricing and availability for these cases which I'll share with everybody. I spoke with Tom at Thermoworks in Utah, a Pelican dealer. He can get the 1200 cases in black, yellow, orange, grey, desert tan and OD green. Maybe there are a few other colors as well, but I thought the desert tan and OD green might be nice.

Price with the foam is $33.57, and you can get them without the foam for $29.10. He can ship within a week of getting your order. I told him I'd post his info, so if you call Tom to order, please tell him Chuck referred you. His website is http://www.thermoworks.com. Telephone: 1-800-393-6434.

Thanks for the leg work Quetico......

Smitty  
Link Posted: 6/3/2006 8:24:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Does someone who has one of the know whether it will hold Hk 5.56 magazines?

Hard to tell from photo whether it will accommodate the extra  5/8" to 3/4" needed to hold these.

TIA
Link Posted: 6/3/2006 8:27:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Does someone who has one of the know whether it will hold Hk 5.56 magazines?

Hard to tell from photo whether it will accommodate the extra  5/8" to 3/4" needed to hold these.

TIA

See what happens when you leave the 'family' and go off on your own??  

(j/k!)
Link Posted: 6/3/2006 4:16:07 PM EDT
[#19]
I use a simular sized foam filled Ottter box for the same thing. Mine holds 5 1911 mags, 3 glock mags and 7 M16 mags.

I use the clear lid version so it doesnt get mixed up with the other two cases of the same type that hold my digital camera and NIK kit/Scales when they are bouncing around in the trunk with 300# of other gear.
Link Posted: 6/3/2006 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

True, but the upside is it doesn't look gun related.
Link Posted: 6/5/2006 12:23:57 AM EDT
[#21]
TrijiCog..thanks for posting that link! I bookmarked that site about 6 months ago...or so I thought..definatley the cheapest place that I've seen to get Pelican cases.

Ok, so I did some measuring and figuring to one of my Starlight cases. The case that I used is roughly

17L x 10 7/8W x 6" D, OD
15 7/8"L x 9 7/8W x 2 1/2" D ID

I'm unsure of exactly which model it is.

I wanted to see how many 30rd mags with Magpul Ranger plates attached I could fit inside.
Measurements of the mags..

30rd mags w/Ranger plates
8" end to end
20rd mags, no plates
5" end to end
Magpul Ranger plates by themselves
1"

So, I figured 18 mags if I just went a single row width wise...

or 20 mags if I went the other way...

I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 6/5/2006 12:57:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Hmmm, that would be perfect for the trunk of my patrol car.
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 7:00:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Don't forget H&K thirty rounders are longer.
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 7:01:57 AM EDT
[#24]
I should get my Pelican 1200 today.  I'll post some pics too :)
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#25]

Tag.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Grr... a "delayed train" has delayed my package... pics coming soon.
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 7:51:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#28]
that is the cats ass
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 11:05:22 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Grr... a "delayed train" has delayed my package... pics coming soon.

Ah, it came in...
10 magazines, fit like a charm, no rattle whatsoever once the lid goes down and the eggshell foam locks it in place.  It's like its made specifically to hold 10 mags.

I got mine at 4LESSDEPOT.COM, $40 shipped.
Link Posted: 6/14/2006 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#30]
This one is nice,but $69.00
Link Posted: 6/14/2006 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
"SHORT BUS WINDOW LICKERS"

Nice slogan, specially coming from a police officer. I have a very close relative who may end up riding one of those "short buses" and yeah he may put his mouth against the window at some point. "Window Lickers" huh? If it ever comes to a point where you have to assist one of these short buses, will you still call those kids that face to face? Or radio to your dispathcer that you're helping a bunch of "window lickers"? My friend's kid is only 4y/o and he probably won't realize that people make of him because of what he does and what he is. He's always smiling and happy and is oblivious to the fact that kids in the neighborhood don't want to play with him. He's just trying his darn best to live his own life. Both his parents are hard working people, the father working long hours so he could pay for his son's therapies. Its hard enough to have a special needs child who cannot go to school without a classmate picking on them everyday but even harder to realize that there are adults out there who do the same thing. I hope you never get to experience how difficult this can be.

The guy who replied to your post earlier is definitely a smart ass and deserves a smack across the head, but please don't get him back by insulting handicapped children.  PEACE.

If you're looking for us to toe that PC line of bullshit you are really in for a sad sad ride here.  Maybe this website just isn't for you.  Your skin seems a bit thin.
Link Posted: 6/15/2006 8:13:54 AM EDT
[#32]
TAG
Link Posted: 6/15/2006 10:40:48 AM EDT
[#33]
So let me get this straight. You guys don't think using old shopping bags to carry loaded mags is the best way to go?

Thanks for posting this. Way Kool.
Link Posted: 6/15/2006 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#34]
sweet
Link Posted: 6/15/2006 10:55:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Great Idea
Link Posted: 6/15/2006 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#36]
tag for ideas
Link Posted: 7/7/2006 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Heres mine, ten 30s are WAY to tight to get out, so I use a couple of 20s in case I needed to go prone 1

I'll have 130 rounds of 3131A & 130 rounds of XM193 for the perfect SHTF grab and go

Link Posted: 7/7/2006 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#38]
That is a great idea. Thanks for posting. I will have to try to find some used cases somewhere.

Link Posted: 7/7/2006 1:39:47 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
<center><table width=85% border=0><tr><td width=100% class=textQuote><hr height=1px color=black noshade>Quoted:
<hr height=1px color=black noshade>
True, but the upside is it doesn't look gun related.

And you could probably kick the pelican case down the side of a mountain without having to worry about the case denting and potentially having a negative effect on the seal.

Do loaded ammo cans even float?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top