AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 10:11:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it's time for an FAQ covering all the industry 'connections'.

Not exactly an FAQ, but the original company is Nesard.  The Nesard Clan of Fried Chicken is now DBA Model 1 Sales, M&A Parts, and Sherluck. Sun Valley/ASA is also related to the Nesard Clan by a marriage, most likely performed at the local Kentucky Fried Chicken...

If the whole chicken thing is throwing you, it's an old gun show joke... check out this thread...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=277277

I was aware of the whole soap opera,  just wondered if everyone else was privvy to it.  The dots connected for me when I lived in Northern IL and saw how 'far' apart the different companies were located.  Maybe they should consolidate their efforts and become at least one half-decent business.   I only had the misfortune of trying to deal with them at a couple gun shows.
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 12:03:56 PM EDT
[#2]
This thread seams quite popular, I noticed that it was "Bohica007"s first post, I am curios wether he has ever posted anything other than "pats on the back" for M1S? Anybody ever see him post about something else?
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 12:27:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This thread seams quite popular, I noticed that it was "Bohica007"s first post, I am curios wether he has ever posted anything other than "pats on the back" for M1S? Anybody ever see him post about something else?

With the exception of this thread, here are all of Bohica007's posts on ARFcom...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=207134

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=206654

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=205781

Link Posted: 11/11/2004 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Not only have I been pleased with their cataloged items. When I ask about haveing them do a 7.62X39 Dissipator upper for me they were more than happy to do it. ANd the price was right inline with what a standard dizzy would have cost over a standard 16in CAR upper $35.00. I've been real pleased with them.
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#5]
With the exception of not reading the top - did anybody see what I said about being new?

You griefers are the same BS in every forum out there, is this the best you can do?

I hope it makes you feel better "welcoming" me to your community."

I can't believe I wasted my time trying to say a few POSITIVE words - what was I thinking?

Oh I know, that they treated me decent - and not you - right - once again I see why now.

1000 rounds so far, and only 2 rounds fte - extract - but it was the Olympic junk, I havent had much chance between work and somehow being locked out of my ar15 acct to answer - funny how it coincides with all the griefers responses...

Got a 1/2 dozen labelle new gray - teflon sprayed/finish mags - run great - and 3 more orlite - I can't help it - they are now 6.99 a piece at CDNNinvestments.com - great co. also to deal with...

Thinking about putting another together - planning on a Mega lower - they look nice and carricozarmory has them stripped with shipping for $89.00 and with lower parts kit installed for 149.00

All those who spoke up with a POSITIVE twist - Danke - griefers - go back to the job line...

B007
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#6]
So far I've assembled two M1S kits on RRA lowers.  

One kit was perfect.  The other included a slightly oversized selector detent.  Both RRA lowers had slightly short holes for the pivot pin detents.  I don't think this is a big deal.  I expect to do a little fitting when assembling a rifle from parts.

The quality of the parts seems good.  Both rifles shoot well.

From what I've heard, it sounds like a few people have had real trouble with M1S.  This is unfortunate.  On the other hand, a number of the compaints I've heard seem to come from people who are impatient and expect more than they have reason to.

Some people say you get what you pay for.  I haven't found that to always be the case, but I do know that you never get more.
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Two Model 1 kits here... both work well except for a weak ejector spring on one. Good prices & good products.
Link Posted: 11/12/2004 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I've only got 200 rounds through my 16" CAR upper but no probs yet.  They did screw up my order.  I paid $10 extra for an A2 buttstock instead of the collapsible CAR stock, but they sent the CAR stock.  I emailed them about it and they said to send it back.  I did and they sent me a new A2 stock, buffer, buffer spring within a week or 10 days.  I can't remember if they reimbursed me for the return shipping or not, but it was $4.55 so I don't care.
Link Posted: 11/12/2004 12:22:55 PM EDT
[#9]
how are their barrels?  That was the only thing i was planning on ordering from them.
Link Posted: 11/12/2004 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I got the unlined one - the cheapest kit I could get - but I also religously clean mine every chance I get - I used to be a Armorer in the USArmy - did some work with friends I had at third shop also - but swore off M-16 weapons after I got out.

I am pleased with it so far - but thats me :)

Link Posted: 11/12/2004 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Trigger is the worst AR-15 stock trigger I've tried  yet, but otherwise my lightweight CAR kit works just fine.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Works fine, but had to throw in worst trigger yet...

Well...

Get a BUSHYh
I got a hammer that can fix your trigger - 5pd deadblow - OK?

lol

Tired of being nice - btw mine is just great
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I am also fairly new here . I purchaced 16" CAR kit - M4 stock, Chrome lined barrel , free float handgaurd blah blah about a month ago from M1S . Looked perfect  !  I then waited nearly 5 weeks for Bushmaster lower ( They said 1 week max wait !) . Got tired of the perfect looking upper /kit , so I ordered a Stag lower and recieved it in 3 days . Went to the range today and blasted through 550 rounds . Perfect looking upper kit  funtioned flawlessly . I realize I have about 1K more til M1S kit begins its self destruct sequence , but I am very impressed with the 2" groups at 125 yards all day long !
My experience with M1S has been great & Stag Arms was excellent to deal with also .
Unfortunate for Bushmaster to be so far behind to not meet the "1 week" , but under the circumstances of No Ban-dom understandable .
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 5:24:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Who generally supplies the barrels for the M1 Sales Kits?
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I believe Wilson does, or maybe it's Shaw come to think of it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2004 4:42:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Nice to see some others with the positive responses with model1sales also...

A friend of mine had to send the upper back - but he got it back in about a week - and so far is happy with it

On another point - I didn't have any diameter problems like I am hearing a few now are having with putting lowers toether with different parts kit...

Link Posted: 11/16/2004 4:45:44 AM EDT
[#17]
A guy named Brian is handling my problem and so far has been impressive. Even emailed me when ups delivered it back to them. Now lets see if I get the credit back they promised. I will let you guys know.
Link Posted: 11/16/2004 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice about the mail

I think, considering what I have read prior - they must have either A - fired some problem workers - or B cleaned up their business - either way I am glad - please let us know either way how ya refund/repair/exchange goes - and G'luck

Link Posted: 11/16/2004 1:56:19 PM EDT
[#19]
According to Maryland AR15 Shooters Site contact people are Bill and Cindy - I spoke with Brian , he said "no one with Bill for a name worked there " .
I also had no issues with any assembly . All parts fit well and functioned well . The trigger ( yeah the trigger ! ) pulls at 7#, which is "in spec" , but breaks clean and didn't have much effect on field  grade accuracy . It is livable as is ( and can always be "improved " if necessary )  
Link Posted: 11/16/2004 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Even better

To think that one dirt bag could be sand bagging a whole outfit seems likely, considering I work at a place in which we have seen it happen time and again where we as a working group end up suffering from the action of one dirt bag...

Anyhow -Cool

Link Posted: 11/16/2004 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#21]
OK i have to post this.

I have one AR15 right now.  It is built on a RRA lower.  with a M & A Varmint upper.

I have totally enjoyed it.  Ran at lest 2000 rounds through it so far.

I just don't get the whole Model 1 sales and M&A are the same company.

I need to do some more reading...

But now with the Texas incident I'm not sure what to do.  As I was going to buy a M&A M-forgery kit and build my daughter a Pink AR on a  AMEETEC lower.  BTW pink furniture is Cav Arms.
ETA:

I ordered a complete upper and bought the bolt and charging Handel from them.  They failed to ship the bolt and handle.  So  I called them and the shipped it right out.  No problems involved.

I was surprised they didn't put up a fight, besides I could of lied and such.
Link Posted: 11/16/2004 8:34:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I just don't get the whole Model 1 sales and M&A are the same company.

I dont have all the facts, but supposedly they are.  All the Nesard family.  

Nesard Gun Company (now defunct after the Waco issue)
Barrington, Ill

Model1Sales
Fox River Grove, IL 60021

M&A parts
Lake Zurich, IL 60047

All within a stones throw of each other.

All with reported fried chicken eating contests at a gun show near you.

All with a similar attitude towards customer service.

But now with the Texas incident I'm not sure what to do.  

After reading what they did, you would still support them?  I wont!
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 9:53:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Then don't

Honestly I wonder if the people in here actually read the thread - Model1Sales

Not pink gun - pinko - or anything else in between

I don't give a flying F#@$ about who owns them, as long as they provide a decent kit - they done that - decent price - they done that - and polite respectful treatment to the customer - me

Some of you people who harbor this hate for them amaze me, and it seems you will stop at nothing to continue it

Yes - there IS HAPPY Customers from Model1Sales

Yes - people have had problems, and gotten resulotions - those who didn't at this point I would have to say probably didn't follow through in and decent manner - either way - you all got some HATE ISSUES

Don't really give a flying F$#@ - at this point I am sorry I even bothered with this post - except for the reason that the hate mongers who have nothing decent to say - right check their posts - bunch of whinning/crying clowns with the only purpose in the pathetic lives is to try and find some joy in SLAMMING this post - which was in regards to how I was treated.

Sorry they found me so amiable - and the hate mongers not - such a surprise

oh I know - omg I heard in a chat group that a persons friends brother... said this company at WACO - this and that...

Your pathetic - do you buy your ammo from kmart?  did you ever buy hunting supplies at service merchandise prior to their anti gun clean out - I have a sneaky feeling your one of the ones who bought up all the 50% off supplies from those places...

Figures...
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 11:49:37 AM EDT
[#24]
I never dealt with them. But I have heard their customer service sucks. And it looks like one of their customers has an attitide to match. No wonder they get along.

I may order something from them , I dont really care if soneone is a caustic ass. As long as they dont screw up my order and I get good stuff.

I guess I will find out if I decide to do business with them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 12:15:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Then don't

Honestly I wonder if the people in here actually read the thread - Model1Sales

Not pink gun - pinko - or anything else in between

I don't give a flying F#@$ about who owns them, as long as they provide a decent kit - they done that - decent price - they done that - and polite respectful treatment to the customer - me

Some of you people who harbor this hate for them amaze me, and it seems you will stop at nothing to continue it

Yes - there IS HAPPY Customers from Model1Sales

Yes - people have had problems, and gotten resulotions - those who didn't at this point I would have to say probably didn't follow through in and decent manner - either way - you all got some HATE ISSUES

Don't really give a flying F$#@ - at this point I am sorry I even bothered with this post - except for the reason that the hate mongers who have nothing decent to say - right check their posts - bunch of whinning/crying clowns with the only purpose in the pathetic lives is to try and find some joy in SLAMMING this post - which was in regards to how I was treated.

Sorry they found me so amiable - and the hate mongers not - such a surprise

oh I know - omg I heard in a chat group that a persons friends brother... said this company at WACO - this and that...

Your pathetic - do you buy your ammo from kmart?  did you ever buy hunting supplies at service merchandise prior to their anti gun clean out - I have a sneaky feeling your one of the ones who bought up all the 50% off supplies from those places...

Figures...

Yeah, and you have noooooooooo affiliation with them?  RIIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHT!  
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 12:30:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Does seem to be OVERLY defensive IMHO. His attitude and cursing behavior mirrors what people say about the companies he is defending.
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah - that must be it...

Maybe we should take his guns away...

Nobody would need a AR for any real purpose...

You should join HCI lol

Model1Sales can kiss my A55 - as can you!
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Even better is "companies" lol

Let me guess "wildboar" your one of the votes for Kerry huh?

lol

griefers are too funny
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Even better is "companies" lol

Let me guess "wildboar" your one of the votes for Kerry huh?

lol

griefers are too funny

Man you are a real winner. Anyway. Where do you get the idea I am a "griefer"? I said I dont care if the people that run it are jackasses. I said I may do business with them.

Why are so you sensitive to all this? Thats what I am trying to figure out. I am at odds with someone like your who is overly defensive. Then again your pissy attitude speaks volumes.
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Bohica007
Calm down man if you or anyone else wants to buy from a company that continually gives bad service go ahead. No sweat off anybodys b@lls. You might want to try M&A next I hear there great
to buy rail covers from. Ask for goatee boy he'll hook you up.

It's still anyones right to post a bad experience too though that way someone who has no experience with them can make an informed decision.

Take a zanex drink a beer and look at M1 catalog you'll feel better.
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Bohica007
Calm down man if you or anyone else wants to buy from a company that continually gives bad service go ahead. No sweat off anybodys b@lls. You might want to try M&A next I hear there great
to buy rail covers from. Ask for goatee boy he'll hook you up.

It's still anyones right to post a bad experience too though that way someone who has no experience with them can make an informed decision.

Take a zanex drink a beer and look at M1 catalog you'll feel better.

Well the dudes name is bend over here it comes again007
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 4:31:52 PM EDT
[#32]
the my login name - yours is wild boar...

so your a fat untamed pig

Link Posted: 11/18/2004 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Ya right - about people posting bad experiences - start ya own thread!

Sorry I don't take mental meds - you seem like you have though...

Link Posted: 11/18/2004 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#34]
I got ya a Beer too - just BO - hica
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#35]
fat pig hunting - thats perfect for a ar huh? lol
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Bohica007
You must be the fucktard that I spoke with on the phone for Model 1
the way you take everything so personally

Cheif you wanna kick rocks I'll hapily kick'm right back
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Sure cheif lol

can't even spell Chief lol

not a Indian

Not Drunk - unluck you...

And you came to a battle of wits - and I won't fight a unarmed drunk, metally challenged Liberal hiding behind his pinko furnitured gun lol

Smacktard - probably, but your the King lol

:) -:
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Hi there,
I am glad I found this post...
I'm a newbie here, but not a newbie to other forums.  I was debating on either a Model1 or J&T M4 upper.

So far I'm leaning towards the J&T because of the up front price of $464.95 + $15.84 shipping charge for the features I want.

I do like the Model 1 website, however they do not list shipping.  And if Shipping is $50 as stated in this thread... YIKES!!!  for the same features as the J&T...  M1S = $500 + ~$50???

as for the customer service... it's good to hear a few good positives from M1S, but the negatives are still a little too much to justify the $70 difference.   Plus the maturity level of some of the positive comments on M1S customer service in this post must be a joke?  I think they are probably hurting Model 1 Sales more than they are helping?

I am spoiled with the CMP, by FAR one of the best customer service of any organization in the U.S.

Chris
www.m1garand.net/
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#40]

Everytime 'ol Bohica posts the Nesard Clan's sales drop a bit further into the tank... Keep postin' fool...

Oh wait, lemme guess... should this griefer go get back in the job line now?

Tool...

Edited to add:  After Bohica's last little outburst I'd bet I can safely post IBTL now...

Link Posted: 11/18/2004 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#42]
I got your job line hanging BITCH

Let me come and show ya how well my AR works k?
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I got your job line hanging BITCH

Let me come and show ya how well my AR works k?

you know... in my neck of the woods... The powers that be can track you IP & take this particular post and construe it as a death threat.
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Sure cheif lol

can't even spell Chief lol

not a Indian

Not Drunk - unluck you...

And you came to a battle of wits - and I won't fight a unarmed drunk, metally challenged Liberal hiding behind his pinko furnitured gun lol

Smacktard - probably, but your the King lol

:) -:

No I really dont worry about spelling fucktard but if your going to be a critic get a dictionary
Ok a battle of wits really this coming from a guy who thinks an extra 36 in shipping on a kit
is a good deal now that shows inteligence.
Bohica well we should have know you liked it in the poop shoot .
liberal indian nope wrong guy
STAUNCH white trash that would put his boot where you like it.

thats me
edited IBTL
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#45]
+1 IBTL...

cuz I know where this is goin!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2004 5:23:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Thread ran its course.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top