[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:44:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
tag

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:40:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Well after 33 days I finally recieved my 1000 round order only to find out I was shorted. After loading 17 mags to 28 rounds, filling 2 140 round bandoleers and 3 unfilled slots in another. Also filling 11 stripper clips and with 6 rounds im weary about shooting I ended up with 932 rounds. Im pretty sure I can add and Ihave re-added it up a few times, so guess im not sure if I should call em back and deal with the hassle of trying to get 68 bullets ,,, OR bite the bullet and tack 1 up to exp!!! Either way its prolly the last time I buy from them.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well after 33 days I finally recieved my 1000 round order only to find out I was shorted. After loading 17 mags to 28 rounds, filling 2 140 round bandoleers and 3 unfilled slots in another. Also filling 11 stripper clips and with 6 rounds im weary about shooting I ended up with 932 rounds. Im pretty sure I can add and Ihave re-added it up a few times, so guess im not sure if I should call em back and deal with the hassle of trying to get 68 bullets ,,, OR bite the bullet and tack 1 up to exp!!! Either way its prolly the last time I buy from them.

Just email them, tell them you were missing some rounds and see what they do.  I ordered 250 rds. from them and they gave me 252 rounds.  It took awhile for it to get to me, but that is understandable.  I will order from them again.

Nic
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:27:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No action on this order as of 1/15 - just the original acknowledgement of the order back on the 6th. I just e-mailed asking for status.
HC

No reply to e-mail by 9/18 (still no e-mail confirming ship as of today) so called on 1/18. Turns out my order shipped that morning and they gave me the UPS tracking number. Delivery scheduled  on the 20th but actually received 1/19. I do live in NC, Charlotte area so the quick UPS delivery was not unexpected. Original order date was 1/6.

Well packed, the ammo can in good shape and marked like the pics shown previously. The extra room in the ammo can filled with brown packing paper.

After reading the e-mails about actual round count, I did two full counts and came out  239 each time, on a 250 round order. They probably "count" by weight instead of actual round count - but their QA process may need some tweaking.

Inspecting the rounds, the majority are very clean and have consistent crimps, but there are some seated a bit deeper with no cannelure showing and a few seated shallow with most of the cannelure showing (sorry no calipers) and some brass with light dings. Sorry no pics, the camera is not cooperating today.

No chance for a range visit today (Saturday) - and possibly not at all this weekend. But I will give a range report as soon as possible.
HC

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
After reading the e-mails about actual round count, I did two full counts and came out  239 each time, on a 250 round order. They probably "count" by weight instead of actual round count - but their QA process may need some tweaking.

Inspecting the rounds, the majority are very clean and have consistent crimps, but there are some seated a bit deeper with no cannelure showing and a few seated shallow with most of the cannelure showing (sorry no calipers) and some brass with light dings. Sorry no pics, the camera is not cooperating today.

Hand inspected all 239 - had 25 rejects, mainly for bad dents on the case shoulder and neck. I did get the camera to cooperate this time.

Grab random from box:
http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/6912/lancersample18rt.th.jpg

The rejects from original 239:
http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/872/25rejects0jg.th.jpg

Closeup of 25 rejects:
http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/4896/25rejects23nu.th.jpg

Hope this helps.
HC
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:10:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Why do you only load 28 rounds in your mags?

So I take it your are not going to be ordering from them again?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Today I counted the 1,000 round batch I ordered from them in November.  They shorted me 5 rounds.  No big deal, but I'll mention it in my next purchase.

The 250 round can I bought first was all WCC headstamp.  The 1,000 round batch is mostly LC, WCC stamped stuff, with a lot of commercial FC headstampt too.  I also found 7 nickle cases with a FC headstamp.

I'm still gonna be a repeat customer, unless a round KB's one of my AR's before my next order.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
From Mike at Lancer Ammunition

"The regular 223 55 FMJ is running 3185 fps and the 55 soft point is running 3168."

I sent a reply to see what kind of bullets these are loaded with and what kind of brass.

I've shot 500 rounds of their stuff so far.  There is no way it's running at 3185.  It is underpowered.  The recoil is comparable to Wolf.

I didn't chrono it and that is just my opinion.  It is good plinking ammo.  If you've got time to wait a month for ammo,  then you won't be disappointed.

I'd compare the quality to a underpowered batch of WWB.  It all went bang,  so no complaints.  But the post above is what made me want to try the ammo.  And the quote,  in my opinion,  is deceptive.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hand inspected all 239 - had 25 rejects, mainly for bad dents on the case shoulder and neck. I did get the camera to cooperate this time.

Grab random from box:
img461.imageshack.us/img461/6912/lancersample18rt.th.jpg

The rejects from original 239:
img461.imageshack.us/img461/872/25rejects0jg.th.jpg

Closeup of 25 rejects:
img461.imageshack.us/img461/4896/25rejects23nu.th.jpg

Hope this helps.
HC

I dont know if it's just me or what, but those dings dont look too bad?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:54:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

And I could be overly picky, but dents and dings on the neck and shoulder make it questionable for me.

I did e-mail the company last weekend and give them my feedback on quality -  no response of any kind yet. Still haven't gotten to the range yet either...
HC
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I finally got my 500 rounds in and had time to load up my clips and inspect the ammo. I have quite a few with dents in the casings and some that I describe as rippling along the neck. I took some pictures just as examples but do have one major question. On the following pictures, the bullet was the rippling along the neck. I was wondering (in my very limited ammo knowledge) if these were safe to shoot? (Sorry don't mean to sound the FNG but I am not very versed on bullets since I usually buy commercial boxed ammo)

NOTE: The pictures will more than likely be very big to you if you don't use a large resolution or have a big monitor. Sorry but it allows the best details to see what I am talking about. To get the best detailed shot, maximize the window then put your cursor in the bottom right-hand corner. Click the little icon with the arrows pointing towards the four corners.

members.cox.net/jared.tumlison/rippled/IMG_0770.JPG
members.cox.net/jared.tumlison/rippled/IMG_0773.JPG
members.cox.net/jared.tumlison/rippled/IMG_0772.JPG
members.cox.net/jared.tumlison/rippled/IMG_0776.JPG

I am curious about this since I have alot of bullets that have this in the 500 rounds I got. Now I have several dented ones, that will get sent back for credit or replacement. The pictures for some of them are below.

members.cox.net/jared.tumlison/dented/IMG_0771.JPG
members.cox.net/jared.tumlison/dented/IMG_0777.JPG
members.cox.net/jared.tumlison/dented/IMG_0778.JPG
members.cox.net/jared.tumlison/dented/IMG_0779.JPG
members.cox.net/jared.tumlison/dented/IMG_0780.JPG

The shocker out of all this is I have around 160 bullets that are either dented or have the rippling effect. If you all say there is nothing wrong with the rippling then I will reduce the number but otherwise I am not that impressed with the QC so far. Thanks for answering my question and sorry for the somewhat long post.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Lancer 68gr. BTHP
Rock River Varmint 18"
Ten shot string fired from 10'
High: 2824fps
Low: 2693fps
Average: 2771fps
Extreme Spread: 131
Standard Deviation:43

I have only had a chance to shoot groups with this ammo out to 50 yards.  Five shot groups were all under 1". Most were between .5 and .7 inches.

My Rock River doesn't like the 55gr SP stuff from Lancer. They jam in the throat and will not chamber. I contacted Lancer and they did sent me a return shipping label. Instead of sending them back I sold them to a hunting buddy of mine. They seem to work fine in his Savage bolt action rifle.
I will be doing more business with Lancer in the future.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#14]
After reading these last few posts, I am definately inclined to stick with Georgia Arms when it comes to buying reloads. YMMV, but between some of the more questionable pics and the long shipping time, why not spend $10 more per 1K and get the "canned heat"from GA. .
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I received 1000 rounds on 1/24/06, packed loose in two cans, 500 rounds/can.  I sorted and counted the rounds, 1000 ordered, 1000 received.  11 out of 1000 rounds were not usable; 6 with significant dents in the case below the cartridge neck, 5 with suspect crimps (looks like good crimps on already weak case necks, not over-crimps).  All the brass was either LC or WCC of varing vintage.

Today I fired 240 rounds through a Colt LE6920, and a Bushmaster Modular Carbine, 120 rounds/4 magazines per weapon.  There were no malfunctions with either weapon over all 240 rounds.  I didn't chrono any of it, but it all felt fine, like full pressure loads.  Accuracy was as good as any XM193 I've ever fired.  I was on the 100-yard range today, but I've no reason to believe that there'd be any accuracy reduction at longer ranges.

I will probably order again, even given the 1.1% defect rate in this 1000-round sample.  This makes good range ammo, is priced fair, and it keeps me from having to dip too deeply into my stockpiled factory XM193, XM855, and Q3131 ammo.

Quoted:
I ordered 1000 rounds yesterday (1/6/06).  I'll report back with the order fullfillment time and a range report.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And I could be overly picky, but dents and dings on the neck and shoulder make it questionable for me.

I did e-mail the company last weekend and give them my feedback on quality -  no response of any kind yet. Still haven't gotten to the range yet either...
HC

To follow up: I did get a response from Lancer - They are sending out rounds to replace the ones I was shorted and the rounds I culled as suspect. They asked me to return the culled rounds, and are supplying return materials. I'll count that as good service.
HC
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm curious to know if anyone else had ordered the 55gr SP ammo from Lancer. If so did it chamber alright in your weapon? They absolutely will not work in my Rock River.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:14:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I ordered 100 rounds on 1/26/06.  I'm still waiting and will post my findings.  I shot a hundred rounds as fast as I could pull the trigger of this ammo before as a baseline test.  The ones I received were very good and had no malfunction.

For the price, this seems to be a good deal for range and practice use.  But I will make my final decision once I get the order.  They do seem to provide very good customer service though.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#19]
I placed an order with Lancer for 500 rounds of .223/5.56 and my card was charged on 2/6/06 and still have not received the ammo.  Anyone else had their card charged before the ammo went out?  I e-mailed them twice asking if my order went through.  The most recent was last night and have not heard back from  them yet.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#20]
I ordered 1000 rounds of .357SIG. They charged my card on 2/1, and still haven't even gotten a tracking number. I've contacted Mike, and I don't have any promises on when the order will actually ship. It seems as though waiting quite awhile is just a cost of doing business with Lancer.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#21]
I shot my first 360 rounds of their .223 55 grain FMJ last night. I have to tell you, a lot of the cases are banged up on and just below the shoulder, but it still cycled and shot like a champ. I’m disappointed with the overall condition and appearance of the casings, especially when compared to GA’s “Canned Heat”, but as reloads go it seems to be fine.

Jet
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#22]
I ordered 1000 rds of bulk 68 grain BTHP and a 50 rd box of 68 grain BTHP on 2/9/2006, my credit card was billed 2/14/2006, haven't received anything yet.

They sent me a tracking number 2/21/2006, but it was for someone else's order, they called my phone and left a voice mail confirming the mistake and said I'd have a tracking number by 2/27/2006.  Nothing, called and left a message 3/1/2006, emailed 3/2/2006 and called and left a message 3/3/2006, still no response.

I don't mind waiting as it was a good price, but my card was billed on 2/14/2006, so they've had my $$ for over 2 weeks and nothing has been shipped. Probably not the best way to do business, if I'd liked the stuff, I would have ordered more and other calibers as well.

But now I won't order from them again, will just have to find good deals elsewhere, just not worth the hassle dealing with Lancer.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#23]
When I ordered mine they sent me the wrong tracking number too.  Weird.  It is strange though how they bill your CC almost a month before they ship your ammo.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:27:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:45:22 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
From Mike at Lancer Ammunition

"The regular 223 55 FMJ is running 3185 fps and the 55 soft point is running 3168."

I sent a reply to see what kind of bullets these are loaded with and what kind of brass.

I've shot 500 rounds of their stuff so far.  There is no way it's running at 3185.  It is underpowered.  The recoil is comparable to Wolf.

I didn't chrono it and that is just my opinion.  It is good plinking ammo.  If you've got time to wait a month for ammo,  then you won't be disappointed.

I'd compare the quality to a underpowered batch of WWB.  It all went bang,  so no complaints.  But the post above is what made me want to try the ammo.  And the quote,  in my opinion,  is deceptive.

I also felt that they're underpowered so I called them about it.  I even had a couple of short strokes with these which didn't occcur with Fed AE.  They were also hitting low and I had to adjust my scope for them.
He said that I shouldn't be able to feel the difference because the velocity is close; he suspects it's because they use a different powder.
I did like that they were reliable, accurate, and clean burning though.  At this time, I'd say that I'll hold off on using these in my AR15.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:20:07 PM EDT
[#26]
I would like to tell you how they are, but still waiting - well over a month now - once they told me they were done and shipping out the next day but no show - another 2 weeks - I emailed Mike again and here is his reply------We apologize, we told you that they were going to made and ship out when we believed our vendor was going to get those projectiles to us when they promised them.  As it is those projectiles just came to us on Monday. The 223's have been made and are being shipped out today and you will receive your tracking number either today or tomorrow.  Again sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience.
Thank you
Lancer Custom Ammunition

not sure what to believe now !
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I would like to tell you how they are, but still waiting - well over a month now - once they told me they were done and shipping out the next day but no show - another 2 weeks - I emailed Mike again and here is his reply------We apologize, we told you that they were going to made and ship out when we believed our vendor was going to get those projectiles to us when they promised them.  As it is those projectiles just came to us on Monday. The 223's have been made and are being shipped out today and you will receive your tracking number either today or tomorrow.  Again sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience.
Thank you
Lancer Custom Ammunition

not sure what to believe now !

He's given me that same excuse for 2 different orders.  He told me I would receive a tracking number and shipping info the next day and that was 14 days ago and It's been over a month and a half since they charged me for the order.  

We'll see what excuse and date he gives me next month.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Placed my order Feb. 9, finally cancelled it March 20th, at least the refund was prompt.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Placed my order Feb. 9, finally cancelled it March 20th, at least the refund was prompt.

The 68g bthp shot extrememly accurately through my 20" so I thought I'd give them a second chance.  I wasn't in any hurry,  but when the order becomes 2 months old I'm asking for a refund.

I'm used to being charged when the ammo ships,  not when the order is received.  And not remembering that he had used the same sorry excuse for my previous order is insulting.

If the owner had told me,  "I'm freaking swamped,  I forgot about your order,  I'll get it out to you asap,  I'm sorry."  I'd have no problem.  Honesty goes along way with me.  

We'll see what happens.  Their bulk pistol stuff I got was great.  It was hot loaded,  nickel cased.  It shot pretty accurate.  It was cheap.  I'm border line with these guys.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top