Page / 2
Posted: 8/30/2004 12:37:26 PM EDT
Ok guys! Sep 14th is almost here.

Let's see what ya got for after the ban. EDIT: BAN DIES

Here are mine.

Enjoy.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm glad to see they worked out for you!  Are you planning on using any as safe queens, or are they all beater/ blasters.....or what?  Tell me of your sorted tales!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I will be building one of the LMT's for my dad as a 60th BD present. He wants a 16.1 upper for his.

The Colt and the other LMT, will be used

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:40:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I need to take some new pics

This one is now wearing a ARMS #40L BUIS, a black Tango Down vertical foregrip and a Surefire SW02 clicker on the Surefire 961

The Coyote Brown gun now has a Daniel Defense 9.5 FSP with Tango Down pannels, Tango Down vertical foregrip, TA31 ACOG, LaRue ACOG mount, Gem-Tech BI-LOCK flash hider, and waiting on the new Troy Ind BUIS (on order)

The Black gun now has a LaRue 7.0 rail system, Tango Down pannels and vertical foregrip, Aimpoint ML2, LaRue Aimpoint Mount, and waiting on the new Troy Ind BUIS (on order)....and it's being sent off to Gem-Tech to have a Bi-Lock flash hider installed:

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:42:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Those sure are some "Purty" gals
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet rifles!

Stickman.......

I want pics of yours too!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sweet rifles!

Stickman.......

Pics of my patrol pig?  She is a tool, and unlike my other AR pics, she isn't pretty.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:13:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Here are mine.

Enjoy.

Is that all???
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Working on some more colt's.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:37:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here are mine.

Enjoy.

Is that all???

I'm curious as to why he would want more than 3 stamped recievers.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:43:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Coolness factor.

Actually, in all seriousness. I wanted LMT marked lowers, and a Colt marked AR15 lower.
The side effect of wanting and getting these, is that they also have the LEO marks on them.

If they come out with LMT and Colt AR15A3 lowers without out the LEO marks I will buy them first.

As you can see right now you can't have one without the other.

But these are a piece of history. So to answer your question about them being put away. Yes they should be. I bought them first for the collectors value, if that happens we will see.

I only will use one, the Colt for shooting. My two pre-ban Colts have those stupid screws in the front, and I hate those.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Do you have papers from Colt on your safe Queen?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:27:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Do you have papers from Colt on your safe Queen?

Nope, not yet.

What does Colt want for those anyway? Like $200.00 or something.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sweet rifles!

Stickman.......

In honor of the recent olympics, Stickman and USMC03 get full marks on technical merit, difficulty and artistic presentation.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:17:31 PM EDT
[#14]
For the sake of everyone's pleading..the picture has been removed and will be reposted after the ban sunsets. Once again LEO's are exempt in NYS concerning the Federal/NYS ban (except for NFA/Class 3 which still applies to everyone).
Stan
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:33:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:36:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Ya konw what!
Your right!

Put it back up!

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, expensive but cool.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Spooge5150, how did you get the LMTs?
I would assume that you must be A FFL holder since the pictures you show are LEO Assualt weapons since you have them built up with telstocks prior to sept 14th.
I would love to have one of those LMTs.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Also since you live in NY, you do know that the ban will not expire in NY state right?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Nice illegal weapon.  Don't get me wrong, all of us here think the AWB is garbage, but it doesn't change that your weapon is a no-go.  With 12 or so days left, why not wait and just not mention you are from NY.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I guess no one can see that deltaopwong is an LEO?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Also since you live in NY, you do know that the ban will not expire in NY state right?

DOH!

brewsky makes a good point, although I'm not familiar with NY LEO exemptions, if any.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#23]
No, I can't tell by a few patches.  Last I recall, it wasn't legal to build a LEO weapon anyway, so it is a moot point.  I didn't make the laws, and I don't like them, but it doesn't change that they are still laws.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#24]
LEO Colt lower on my duty gun that'll be coming home with me on the 14th.

-Cap'n

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#25]
hey Spooge where did you get those LMT lowers??  SWEET
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I have had about 20 IM's and E-mails about the LMT lowers.

Money shot:

ETA: Nice gun Capn_Crunch
keep those LEO pics coming!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:01:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I guess no one can see that deltaopwong is an LEO?

Many people including some cops don't understand how the ban effects Law Enforcement Officers.  Some guys that I worked with though that just because they were cops the could go down to the local gun shop purchase a post ban AR15 and put a collapsable stock and flash hider on it. I copied the information below to show what an individual officer has to go through to purchase a Law Enforcement / Govt / Export Only AR15 carbine.  It may help some folks that were unaware of the process:

The way a purchase of a LEO / Govt carbine works is you have to get a letter on official Department letterhead to puchase the rifle.  On the official letterhead it has to state that you are a Law Enforcement Officer and that you are authorized to carry the firearm in performance of your official duties, the gun is not for resale, and that you have not been convicted of a misdemenor crime of domestic violence.  The letter has to be signed by a "Supervisor", in most Depts they require either command staff or the Chief.  Here is a simple copy of a letter from Specialized Armament Warehouse:

LEO Cover Leter

I have in the last 9 months purchased 3 Colt LEO M4 carbines through SAW, but would not purchase a gun on letterhead prior to this because basically you are purchasing a firearm under the athority of your department and upon leaving your department the Department could legally keep the firearm because once you leave you no longer fall into the catagory of legally owning a LEO firearm (except under certain circumstances, see below).

I was told by an Agent at the technical branch of the BATF that if an officer purchases a L.E. Only AR15 and were to leave the department one of a few things could happen to the rifle.  The officer could sell it to another officer, the officer could convert the rifle to make it post ban legal (remove flash hider and perminately install a post ban legal muzzle brake, remove the bayonet lug, and put a non-telescoping or non-collapsable stock on the gun) or the Dept could keep the gun if the other 2 were not an option.  

Now there is one loop hole to purchasing a L.E. Only rifle and keep it in post ban configuration (I was able to confirm this through Tina Elmore at SAW and the Agent at the ATF).  If the Officer is a sworn full time officer, get's the the letter on offical Department letterhead and adds the phrase "Upon leaving in good standing the Officer shall retain possession of this firearm" in the letter, then the Officer can keep the gun and the gun can remain in it's preban configuration if he leaves in good standing.  

That being said, there are a couple of things you have to know about going this route.  Letterhead is NOT retroactive, meaning that if you have already purchased the gun and the letter did not have the "Upon leaving in good standing...." phrase in it then you can never go back and change things.  If your letter does not have this phrase in it and you leave the Department, you either have to sell the gun to another sworn officer or put it in post ban configuration.  If you do leave the department and have the letter that states "Upon leaving in good standing...." you MUST be able to present that letter at anytime as long as the gun is in a preban configuration.  If you leave law enforcement and keep the gun in pre ban configuration (because you have a letter that has the "Upon leaving in good standing...." phrase in it) you must keep the Department letterhead with the gun (ie. when you go to the range, go to a shooting match, etc).....so if something happens and you are questioned about the legality of the firearm you can explain that the gun was purchased legally when you were a sworn officer, now you have left the job but were able to keep the gun because of the golden phrase "Upon leaving in good standing the Officer shall retain possession of this firearm".

So even though I'm a Detective and I have 3 L.E. Only guns that I've purchased on Dept letterhead (I had to get a seperate letterhead for each gun), if I go down to my local gunstore and purchased a LE Only lower, it's no differant than if I were buying a post ban lower.  Without that Department letterhead I have to keep the LE Only gun in post ban configuration.  And when you purchase a gun on Department letterhead your department has to keep a copy of that letter in your personel file (and it's always smart to keep a copy for you own files).

If the ban ends in a few weeks this is all a non issue, but if it doesn't than these rules will still apply.  I hope this clears some things up for you.

Semper Fi
Jeff    
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:45:47 AM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#29]
XM177.

I am getting a red X

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#30]
But its a good looking red X...
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Spooge5150,

Just for you.....the only picture I have of my patrol pig is an old one, an she doesn't look like this anymore.  I'll have to take another one and show what she currently looks like.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#32]
At the end of the month I am going to go down to Olympic Arms and talk the smith there into branding all of my ARs with the Restriction markings.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Ugggh, why would you want to?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Not an LEO lower but a postban lower with a pre-ban setup, soon to be a NO BAN setup...
www.fatalityincorporated.com/swong/m4g19l.jpg
Stan

You really don't live in NY, RIGHT!  Arizona, thats it!!  And those patches are just a prop, RIGHT!

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:49:27 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Spooge5150,

Just for you.....the only picture I have of my patrol pig is an old one, an she doesn't look like this anymore.  I'll have to take another one and show what she currently looks like.
www.airforcesecuritypolice.com/invisionboard/uploads/post-3-1077169235.jpg

AhhhhhhhHA!

A colt man I see.

Cool. What's different now. What upgrades did you do? AR6721 right?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:10:07 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Spooge5150,

A colt man I see.

Cool. What's different now. What upgrades did you do? AR6721 right?

Colt man?  No need be be offensive!

Changed out to a Bushie M4 barrel, YHM 2 piece handguards, and ARMS 40L BUIS...
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:49:24 AM EDT
[#37]
OOOOOOO now I can see XM.

Nice pair!

I need to get the LE6920/LE6921 lower next.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:31:27 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

tinypic.com/3uhqr  DOH!

brewsky makes a good point, although I'm not familiar with NY LEO exemptions, if any.

LEO's are 100% exempted in NY. I will be ordering a 6520 thru a dealer in *NYC* after the 13th.

but that gun is still federally illegal. *IF* I had one thats VERY similar to that one I wouldnt post it until after 9/13.... or at least I'd say the lower is pre-ban until then.....

Seriously tho, ATF has not actively prosecuted the AWB the entire time its been in effect, I dont think they're gonna start now.

After 9/13 we should have a poll on how many people actually followed the stupid ban.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Spooge5150,

Found a little better pic.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Nice!
That is not a patrol pig. That is a kick ass setup!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:33:25 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:40:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Nick,
Who makes your lower?

NICE CQB RIG! btw.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Armalite. Thanx!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

LEO's are 100% exempted in NY. I will be ordering a 6520 thru a dealer in *NYC* after the 13th.

but that gun is still federally illegal. *IF* I had one thats VERY similar to that one I wouldnt post it until after 9/13.... or at least I'd say the lower is pre-ban until then.....

Seriously tho, ATF has not actively prosecuted the AWB the entire time its been in effect, I dont think they're gonna start now.

After 9/13 we should have a poll on how many people actually followed the stupid ban.

Thanks Jefferson for clearing that up with everyone, just to ease things up a bit, my picture has been removed and will be reposted on Sept 14. Funny many co-workers and bosses (Sgt's and up didn't seem to have a problem with my rifle, in fact many of them have ARs too and I will not comment on the configurations I've seen..)
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

The NYC assault weapons ban has Zero exemptions for Personally owned 'assault weapons' for LEO"s. I've not looked into what the state is doing on this, but.. you won't be 'legally' ordering anything for your personal purchase in NYC whatsoever.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:23:25 PM EDT
[#46]
"We don't need no stinkin' PATCHES!"

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:03:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Kisara

You win.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:48:28 AM EDT
[#49]
great pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just bought a colt LE6920 rifle. cant wait to pick it up! I love the way it says semi on it instead of fire.
I wish it didn't have a sear block and non-milspec fire control pins though, but what are you going to do. colt is so PC about thier rifles that I dont think they will ever sell a true semi milspec.
Isnt it strange how those LMT lowers dont have a hole drilled in the pushpin area, shouldnt there be a oil/weap hole like military lowers?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Your LE6920 will not have a sear block. that sticks up.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top