Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Wanna critique another one Stick?

Also, Im not real competent at photoshopping, but I'd love to see this pic with text saying something like.

"Protect whats yours

.....Smith & Wesson"

Or something to that effect.

~Crpdeth

Link Posted: 11/23/2004 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The money is too static, and takes away from the picture.  It makes a decent background, but needs to be done differently.  I think the edges running down the center of the picture divide it up too much.  The $30 bill isn't helping anything.  When you look at the picture, the knife and pistol balance each other out to create an open spot in the center of the pic, which is a large white dead spot.  

The weapon needs to be all the way in the picture, or out more.  I would change the angle to bring it more into the picture, but having the muzzle pointing to the lower right corner.  The picture looks washed out, but I know that it isn't helping any when you are using film and trying to convert into the digital world.

I think perhaps an extra magazine would have worked better than the knife, especially when you factor in the saying that you are going for....

On a side note, you have microsoft paint on your computer, which would allow you to add in your own saying on your pic.
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Heres my personal favorite pic of mines.

Taken on a black leather sofa in my living room.
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Another thing you could have done when you shot the picture was to have positioned the trigger guard to center the "100" of one of the bills....  I'll see if I have a pic that is similar.
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 4:16:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice pic Zero!

Stick, thanks for the spanking
BTW, thats not a "30" thats one of the new 50's....I know it looks weird, i'll attach a pic to show the whole thing.

Quoted:
On a side note, you have microsoft paint on your computer, which would allow you to add in your own saying on your pic.

I know, I also have a few other programs, but I cannot even begin to do the job that some of the guys on here do without half tring.

~Crpdeth
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is a quick picture that I had laying around.  Notice how the human eye is attracted to the "10".  Thus we can make the implication that this pistol is a "10".  I don't consider this picture to be filled with technical merit, but I think it illustrates what we are talking about.  If I wanted this picture better, I would alter the color a tad, and would have made sure there was more side lighting to make the markings stand out better.

The same thing would have worked with the 100.  

Link Posted: 11/23/2004 4:36:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

BTW, thats not a "30" thats one of the new 50's....I know it looks weird, i'll attach a pic to show the whole thing.

~Crpdeth

I'm married, I wouldn't know what a $50 looks like.....
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 4:39:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Man, all this talk of photography is getting my trigger/shutter finger itchy again. Looks like i'm gonna have to go to the store and pick up some Provia, then bust my Nikon and see what if i can still take a decent shot if I try.
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'm married, I wouldn't know what a $50 looks like.....

Hahahaha, I understand Bro, I've decided to build a 12x16 reloading/gun tinkering shop in the back yard, and buy a 14 gun safe to put in it...I'll be flat broke for awhile after that job is completed.

~Crp
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/ripper11/M14/7f31e47c.jpg

This is another one where the weapon was four feet away from the black construction paper that is being used as a background. Also just using ambient daylight and no flash.

Is that a Leupy Mar4 4 on an M1A?  Nice!

Do you have problems with brass banging the windage knob?
Link Posted: 12/1/2004 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Here we go.

Link Posted: 12/1/2004 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Here is my recent photo.  It was taken in the shade of the front porch in the evening.  Personally, I like the shadow it created underneath the gun.  

BTW, nice photos Mongo!

Link Posted: 12/1/2004 9:37:18 PM EDT
[#13]
My contribution.

Rock River lower
Lightweight barrel
EOTech
ACE SOCOM stock
SOG Armory vertical grip
Fabian Bros. DTA Mil-Brake
2-piece Yankee Hill handguards
Low profile ladder rail covers
YHM front sight/gas block
ARMS #40 rear sight
Tango Down Battlegrip
Link Posted: 12/1/2004 11:12:18 PM EDT
[#14]
no apostrophe in "yours"

and an elipsis is only ... or if it's an elipsis leading to a period, it's ....
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 8:09:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
no apostrophe in "yours"

and an elipsis is only ... or if it's an elipsis leading to a period, it's ....

Thanks but I cannot fix "yours/your's" personally as I had someone PS the text for me and hate to bug him since it was a freebie.

The elipsis are there to simulate an after thought.

Quoted:
My contribution.

Beautifull

~Crpdeth
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The elipsis are there to simulate an after thought.

yah, but you have TWO of them
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#17]
And?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top