User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#1]
This is funny....some of you guys talking trash to guy in Iraq about how reliable the M16 series. I would take his (or anybody else over there) opinion on the relialbility of the M16 over anybody's over HERE!

Keyboard Commandos Unite!!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:06:28 PM EDT
[#2]
A gas piston LMT MRP will do the same thing, and KKF and POF both have piston uppers. Colt is supposedly making two models, both entered in the SCAR trials.

I'm all for a gas piston M-16. All test models with gas pistons just do NOT fail.

I do like the XCR, though. Looks good.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The M-16/M4 is very good [in that] I can dangle all sorts of new and improved heavy things on the front of my rifle now that catch on all sorts of things on my way out of my 'track and Humvee

LOL!  That one hit home and made me laugh out loud..

I'm not a toy boy, competition shooter, or cop shop groupie.  I'm just a regular guy who worries about having a good rifle when we have L.A. style riots after a terroist nuke goes off in the Port of Houston and 3.2 million low-lifes stream my way.

My 15 year-old daughter ain't much into maintenance and engineering (you should see her room).  I just want her to have a good rifle if, God forbid, she ever needs one.

I want it to accept AR mags, 5.56, and be reliable.  Seems like a resonable wish.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:28:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's an XCR for sale...

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=23657847

$1,400

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top