BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, Jason is a good guy.  Quit thinking about this too much and just have Jason send you the sling and DD mount.

After he sent me the sling he called a couple days later to see how I liked it.  

Personally, I think he just called to gloat because he knew beforehand that I would love it
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 7:05:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Well I finally went and picked up the pieces for my build last Friday and put it together. I'll spare you the pictures considering I have already plastered them all over this board in other forums. But I decided to go with the Vltor single point attachment. It appeared strong and the corners weren't too sharp. They definately seem a little sharper than the DD from what I can tell in pictures but I won't be using it on a daily basis so I think I'll be fine.

Hopefully it won't be too long until I can order my ASP single point sling from JTrusty!!

Thanks for the discussion!!!

Link Posted: 11/21/2005 8:37:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Havent had any problems with the Vltor wearing the sling.  Do it and get your ASP ASAP.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 1:12:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got my first AR and need a sling. I like the single point so far. How can I contact Jason to see about ordering a DD mount and ASP sling.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 1:49:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just got my first AR and need a sling. I like the single point so far. How can I contact Jason to see about ordering a DD mount and ASP sling.

Go to his website here and choose the two items for checkout.  You can also e-mail him there, or even ask him questions here.  He is awesome to reply (I musta asked him a hundred...ok, a thousand) questions, when I bought my sling and DD burnsed loop.  

FWIW... I had a fellow Officer tell me when I was buying my loop, "You know that you can get those for like $10?"  (And Stickman addressed this above).  I saw that while searching, and posed this to Jason, who told me about its make-up and such.  I figured you get what you pay for.  

I never have much cared for those big ol' holes sticking out (H&K loop), so I went with the DD double-sided loop (as I am left handed).

Stang951...if you are looking for a single point sling for your AR, trust me (and the many others that have posted on this site)... go with the ASP sling and the DD burnsed loop from jtrusty.com and you cannot go wrong!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#6]
BTT to help answer a few questions.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I really like the GGG loop type, and use the HK type hooks. I also really like this guys slings and attachments....VERY prompt shipping too!

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=47&t=305930

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:18:30 PM EDT
[#8]
From that angle it looks like it sticks out pretty far....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#9]
The GG&G sticks out way too far and high.  The DD or Vltor are low and close.  The DD is one of the best quality parts out there.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The GG&G sticks out way too far and high.  The DD or Vltor are low and close.  The DD is one of the best quality parts out there.  

I don't have any problems...what is it suppose to 'stick out too far' for? It's WAY below the charging handle, and even though I NEVER have to use the forward assist, I have no problem hitting it....but guess to each their own...

I just found out I prefer the HK style to the 'regular' sling type flat nylon. Of course on the FN, AK's, etc, I have to use the 'regular' type...
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:59:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I should have put on there that it is too much fo rme and the way I do things.  I just like how the DD is low and tight to the gun.  The GG&G is excellent quality and if it fits you then it is good to go.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I was headed to the wesite to order a asp sling and dd plate, but it says he is out of the right hand plate. Does anyone know when he will be getting some more in.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#14]
thanks, if you could is there any way you could repost another message when they come in, and ill place my order then
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:32:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:08:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#17]
alright, you could just im me then, thanks
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:22:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Sorry, My bad..."Doggy".  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#19]
tag
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top