Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 15
Link Posted: 11/4/2004 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I missed the boat didn't I.  What a sweet deal.  Can I still get in?  Wish I had found the thread earlier.
Link Posted: 11/4/2004 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Rich,

You totally rock.  I am in the process of moving but the address I gave in the preorder is still good.  My house hasn't sold yet and it sounds like something will ship soon.  My town is:

La Grange, NC

I'm sure I'm the only one on ARFCOM in that town.

Thank God Bush won!!!

Duane
Link Posted: 11/6/2004 3:58:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I missed the boat didn't I.  What a sweet deal.  Can I still get in?  Wish I had found the thread earlier.

You are not alone....
Link Posted: 11/6/2004 9:00:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
UPDATE: Well I was deciding on how to handle the Skateboard/Std textured version switches when Kerry gave his "throw in the towel" speach.

Not having the whole election in the courts really made my day so.... Everyone on the pre order list will be getting BOTH types of grips with three backstraps each.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote yesterday.

THANKS YOUR GREAT FOR MAKING THIS CHOICE OF WHICH ONE ALOT EASIER!
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 5:59:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Rich-

Will you be sending each of us the extra grip/kit in the same color as we ordered or are you mixing things up?  throwing a coyote brown or OD in the box with those that ordered black would really help those of us that have been afraid of putting a little "color" on our black rifles.  

I'm just looking at this like it's a freebie like the ones that companies have to send out to promote their product- I've received samples from companies for different things and they never send the color you wanted- it's always an off-color.  but in this case, an off-color (different from the one we order) would be awesome.  

But then again, you were charging more for the colored grips and I just now remembered that....

Can we do something to get the second one colored or in a different color?  

thanks,

joe
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 6:05:36 AM EDT
[#6]
If Mag-Pull ever comes out  with a lower receiver, anyone willing to place bets on how long it will be before the thread reaches the 40 page limit?
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Rich-

Will you be sending each of us the extra grip/kit in the same color as we ordered or are you mixing things up?  throwing a coyote brown or OD in the box with those that ordered black would really help those of us that have been afraid of putting a little "color" on our black rifles.  

I'm just looking at this like it's a freebie like the ones that companies have to send out to promote their product- I've received samples from companies for different things and they never send the color you wanted- it's always an off-color.  but in this case, an off-color (different from the one we order) would be awesome.  

But then again, you were charging more for the colored grips and I just now remembered that....

thanks,

joe

I'm right with you, I've been having some pre-order remorse as my carbine has gone from NIB black to Coyote / Krylon muddy since I ordered...
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Rich-

thanks,

joe

Dude, he is sending you a FREE grip, quit complaining!

I am sure a $3 can of Krylon can fix that problem straight away!

And if you don't want to do that, send it to me!
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rich-

thanks,

joe

Uh.. ditto..
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#10]
dony look a gift horse in the mouth.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#11]
DID ANY OF YOU ACTUALLY READ WHAT I WROTE?

Quoted:

YOU SURE CAN TALK FASTER THAN YOUR BRAIN CAN THINK- IT WASN'T A COMPLAINT ASSHOLE.

YOU REALLY NEED TO MAKE SURE YOUR BRAIN STAYS AHEAD OF YOUR MOUTH.

I WAS SUGGESTING THAT IT MIGHT BE EASIER TO JUST THROW WHATEVER GRIPS HE CHOOSES INTO THE PACKAGES THAT WILL BE SHIPPED.  IF THERE IS GOING TO BE RETAIL PACKAGING, IT WOULD BE EASIER FOR HIM TO HAVE SOMEONE THROW IN KITS OF RANDOM COLOR BEFORE THEY ARE SENT OUT.  

IF IT WOULD TAKE MORE ENERGY, THEN I WOULDN'T WANT HIM TO DO IT.  IF IT WOULD COST MORE, I THINK SOME PEOPLE WOULD OFFER TO PAY MORE.  

I ALSO STATED THAT I HAD SINCE REMEMBERED THAT COLORED GRIPS COST MORE $$$ SO I WAS NO LONGER ASKING OR COMPLAINING ABOUT GETTING A COLORED GRIP FOR NOTHING!
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 1:15:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 1:43:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YOU SURE CAN TALK FASTER THAN YOUR BRAIN CAN THINK- IT WASN'T A COMPLAINT ASSHOLE.

YOU REALLY NEED TO MAKE SURE YOUR BRAIN STAYS AHEAD OF YOUR MOUTH.

I WAS SUGGESTING THAT IT MIGHT BE EASIER TO JUST THROW WHATEVER GRIPS HE CHOOSES INTO THE PACKAGES THAT WILL BE SHIPPED.  IF THERE IS GOING TO BE RETAIL PACKAGING, IT WOULD BE EASIER FOR HIM TO HAVE SOMEONE THROW IN KITS OF RANDOM COLOR BEFORE THEY ARE SENT OUT.  

IF IT WOULD TAKE MORE ENERGY, THEN I WOULDN'T WANT HIM TO DO IT.  IF IT WOULD COST MORE, I THINK SOME PEOPLE WOULD OFFER TO PAY MORE.  

I ALSO STATED THAT I HAD SINCE REMEMBERED THAT COLORED GRIPS COST MORE $$$ SO I WAS NO LONGER ASKING OR COMPLAINING ABOUT GETTING A COLORED GRIP FOR NOTHING!

Come on guys, lets not shit on this thread.  It's one of the few really good threads out there.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think what the others are getting at is that it'd probably keep things simpler for Rich to straight up double the basic orders. There will be less confusion, and things will get done quicker.

May I suggest that if you want a different color, you offer to trade with a like minded member?
Perhaps someone could start a WTT ad in the EE and post a link here.

Me, I'll be happy to recieve what I ordered, and grateful for the extras Rich has graciously decided to throw in.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#15]
damn man, chill out, it was a good natured joke, you used more words and spent more time insulting the poor guy when you should have just laughed at it, you got a short fuse.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 4:00:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Come on guys, lets not shit on this thread.  It's one of the few really good threads out there.

Amen to that.  The reason I haven't tried to contact Rich and get him the extra funds to cover a switch to CB is that I don't want to give him any more hassle than he already has.  Multiply that change by (ballpark WAG) 30% of the GB members and you have a headache...
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 5:29:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I think what the others are getting at is that it'd probably keep things simpler for Rich to straight up double the basic orders. There will be less confusion, and things will get done quicker.

Besides, then you'd have to once again poll the buyers to see which grip they wanted (textured/not) in the color they ordered. :)
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Rich mentioned that something definitely shipped last week.  Anyone know if this actually happened?
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 5:07:12 AM EDT
[#19]
It wasn't an "honest joke" because there was no real way to make a joke out of it.  And besides, the other guy chimed right in not thinking it was a joke either.  

Like I said, I wouldn't want to put any more strain on Rich so if it would be even a slight problem, I would of course not mind him disregarding my idea.  

Will anyone want to trade up/down for black?  I know we'd have to wait to see what comes as extra and make sure we have what we think we'll have.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Rich mentioned that something definitely shipped last week.  Anyone know if this actually happened?

I hope so :)
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 11:38:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Persoanlly, I'd rather have both grips in the same color.  If I wanted another color, I would have bought several others of them in different colors in the first place.  The good point of having both, at least for me, is being able to choose which one i like better for my build.  If they came in two diferent colors, it would throw my build off if I like the other one, but was the wrong color for my build.  If it comes down to a vote, I'd vote for both to come inthe color I ordered.  I think it would be a lot simpler if you guys started a thread for those who wish to trade grips and parts.  That way, the greater number of people would be happy with what they get.
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
...The good point of having both, at least for me, is being able to choose which one i like better for my build.  If they came in two diferent colors, it would throw my build off...    That way, the greater number of people would be happy with what they get.

Choose?  they'd be the same in that situation.

If you got what you wanted in the first place, your build would not be thrown off.  You would have a new option for the next build.  You didn't sign up for this knowing that you'd get two in the first place so how could a different color for the second bother you?

Everyone will be extremely happy with what they get- they'll get what they ordered AND a bonus.  Whether the BONUS is same color or different.  

I was thinking that maybe the second grip kit might be a "factory second" or equivalent.  that's why I brought up the whole retail-packaging BS.  I am just picturing a factory pumping out grips one right after the other and all of the grips that didn't get an even or uniform color might have been pulled and thrown to the side as a reject.  I'd have been happy it it were just a partial kit, or reject I was given along with what I ordered.  It's those of you who say you want the second grip in the same color as the first that are being 'picky'

i would have thought that many of the CB or OD customers wouldn't mind a black set to use in the future if they decided not to go with a mulit-color rifle.  

If I had ordered an OD or CB, I'd offer to trade them for black.  I ordered black, so I'll trade for colors.  It's simple.  You don't have to worry about me screwing up the whole process and delaying the shipment of your new little toys.  

Link Posted: 11/9/2004 11:59:36 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...The good point of having both, at least for me, is being able to choose which one i like better for my build.  If they came in two diferent colors, it would throw my build off...    That way, the greater number of people would be happy with what they get.

Choose?  they'd be the same in that situation.

If you got what you wanted in the first place, your build would not be thrown off.  You would have a new option for the next build.  You didn't sign up for this knowing that you'd get two in the first place so how could a different color for the second bother you?

Yes, choose.  The two grips would have two different types of texture.  I'd like to choose which texture I prefer once I get the grips and get a feel for them and not have to worry about one being a different color from what I ordered.  

By the tone of your post, I think you mistook my post as an attack on you.  It was not.  I was expressing my opinion and my desire as to the outcome of this deal.  The same thing you did with your post.  I'm sorry if you misinterpreted my post.  There was no animosity intended, especially toward you.

Anyway, I wouldn't want any of my grips to come in black.  Black is so last year.
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#24]
are we now talking about choice of texture?  I was talking about color- with the thinking that you chose the color already and you will get that color.  

Did Rich explain the texturing part?  is it molded in or recessed panels for a new product he got from 3M?  Is it going to be a DIY?  

I'll agree, black was last year, but OD green was last century and C brown will be out soon.  I'm thinking that's why I like CavArms and their pink furniture- pink goes with everything. 0

I suppose I could get that pink in a can of Krylon, huh?  

I was going to mention I like the idea of a nice soft crushed velvet for the grip texture.  It was obviously going to be just a joke, but then I remembered the guys at Glocktalk...
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
are we now talking about choice of texture?  I was talking about color- with the thinking that you chose the color already and you will get that color.  

Yes.  I believe that was the point to Rich wanting to make two different grip bodies.  The fact that cut in texture would feel different from the add-on texture.  I don't know which I would prefer, the pre-textured grip or a grip with either the 3M tape or something i add myself.  I won't really know until i get both in my hands.  I would prefer that both be of the same color in the event that i like one over the other and I don't want one to be different from the color I originally chose.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#26]

I would prefer that both be of the same color in the event that i like one over the other and I don't want one to be different from the color I originally chose.  

+1 on that.
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Any idea as to when this grip will be offered to us poor scmucks who just now found out about them?  Is anyone willing to sell me theirs?  Regardless of color?
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Any idea as to when this grip will be offered to us poor scmucks who just now found out about them?

You'll know when we do.  I don't think anyone knows yet as changes are still ongoing.  
Link Posted: 11/10/2004 5:10:56 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't think any of us should be looking to sell the freebie grip.  Noone knows when the public will be seeing these for sale.  It was definately a surprise to some of us when we saw the trigger guards for sale on the EE.

I had no idea the grips would be much different because of the texture.  I totally agree that 2x the same color would be the smartest way to go.  

The next question is- who will be trading which style in which color?  

why not combine two different color grips into a camo grip!!  We've seen it done on a FF with rubber magpul panels.  

Link Posted: 11/10/2004 5:22:07 AM EDT
[#30]
I'll have to see what I get before I commit to trading anything. Maybe today will be the day

Link Posted: 11/10/2004 5:48:42 AM EDT
[#31]
GOOD IDEA.  Maybe this is just a ploy to get everyone to have one of each so they can't decide which they like better (the AR15.com way!) and then make everyone else think they ought to buy two at a time (the AR15.com way!) like everything else here.

Link Posted: 11/10/2004 3:07:41 PM EDT
[#32]
I had two Coyote ones ordered.  One for my AR10 and one for my carbine.  The Grip tape on for my carbine and the full on for the AR10.

Now I have a few AR's and I can always Krylon it - but I would be willing to swap A black for a Coyote.

Once again Rich you rock

Link Posted: 11/10/2004 4:53:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Rich how far out are we?  Any updates?
Link Posted: 11/10/2004 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#34]
I got to come to grips with my anxiety attacks..hehe, get it?  Aw come on, that's funny right there!
Link Posted: 11/10/2004 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Rich how far out are we? Any updates?

I keep holding out sending the trigger guards as the grip seems to be ready then we hit another issue. One way or another something will ship by the end of the week.

(from last week so we should have something soon) :)
Link Posted: 11/10/2004 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#36]
spoke with rich the other night and he said if all goes well should be "a couple of weeks"  =(
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 5:33:51 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I had two Coyote ones ordered.  One for my AR10 and one for my carbine.  The Grip tape on for my carbine and the full on for the AR10.

Now I have a few AR's and I can always Krylon it - but I would be willing to swap A black for a Coyote.

Once again Rich you rock

I'M WILLING TO COMMIT- BUT I'LL HAVE TO BE ABLE TO DECIDE WHICH I LIKE BETTER- TAPE OR TEXTURE!  

Link Posted: 11/11/2004 9:08:30 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
spoke with rich the other night and he said if all goes well should be "a couple of weeks"  =(

A couple of weeks before they go up for regular purchase or a couple of weeks before the pre-orders ship?  
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#39]
I also ordered Coyote but may be willing to trade out for either black or green.  We'll just have to see which I like better.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#40]
I still want to know if I got in on the preorder like Rich said I would...  I asked like 3 times now and never get an answer.
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#41]
I wish I got in as well, but I missed the pre-order at the last minute.  At least I'll be able to buy them soon anyway...
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 11:00:07 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hock.gif

A couple of weeks before they go up for regular purchase or a couple of weeks before the pre-orders ship?  

I think for the pre-orders. I'm waiting for mine as well. He's swamped with military orders and stuff.
Link Posted: 11/12/2004 10:24:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Hmm, so nothing went out last week?

I don't mind letting our military jump line, just want to be kept up to speed so I'm not getting all excited when the mail comes everyday.

eta: Are they still transitioning to the new hq? That might explain lack of comms.
Link Posted: 11/12/2004 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Man, some of you guys are whiney bitches.  Remind me to never become an ARFcom vendor.
Link Posted: 11/12/2004 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Man, some of you guys are whiney bitches.  Remind me to never become an ARFcom vendor.

They aren't whining, but we sure don't need new posts when they are nothing but "when?"

Did the military just order a large quantity of MagPul products?  The military is not jumping ahead of us in the MIAD line- I don't think anyone but us were offered the chance to pre-buy.  

Link Posted: 11/12/2004 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#46]

Well it's been close to 3 months now
Link Posted: 11/12/2004 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#47]
O-F#@*%NG-WELL
Link Posted: 11/12/2004 1:14:15 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

ok and while we're at it how about we remind you to STFU and go sit in the corner too asshole? We paid for 'em, we can ask about 'em.  
Link Posted: 11/12/2004 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Stop being assholes and shitting on this thread.
Link Posted: 11/12/2004 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Stop being assholes and shitting on this thread.

+1
Page / 15
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top