Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 15
Link Posted: 11/24/2004 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#1]
John Wayne will be along shortly to kick all your asses.
Link Posted: 11/24/2004 11:46:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Forgive me if this has been asked but I do not have the time at the moment to read though all 27 pages.

For those of us who missed out on the first run group buy is there any idea when these will be available for sale on a regular basis?
Link Posted: 11/25/2004 4:15:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Forgive me if this has been asked but I do not have the time at the moment to read though all 27 pages.

For those of us who missed out on the first run group buy is there any idea when these will be available for sale on a regular basis?

And when these are up for sale, will the improved trigger guard and grip be seperate items when sold?  I'd like to know since I might buy a couple triggerguards, and don't want to have extras when I buy the grips.  If they will all come in one package, I'll wait.

Link Posted: 11/25/2004 6:14:26 AM EDT
[#4]
What did I mis out On just found this Thread
Link Posted: 11/25/2004 7:09:18 AM EDT
[#5]
triggerguards are out now. I dont see why you would not be able to but just the grip, if the triggerguards are aviable by them selves.
Link Posted: 11/25/2004 7:29:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/25/2004 7:31:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
triggerguards are out now. I dont see why you would not be able to but just the grip, if the triggerguards are aviable by them selves.

How does that make sense?
Because one part is done, they must all be done?
Link Posted: 11/25/2004 8:13:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he means that the grips will probably be available as a seperate item, since they have already sold the triggerguards by themselves.  I can buy a Magpul triggerguard now, but will wait if they offer them with the grip.  I want the whole grip kit, but don't need extra parts.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2004 8:23:17 AM EDT
[#9]
They are offering them with the grip.
What I don't think they've done yet, is broken down the myriad of ways that they will be offered for sale, when they are released.
Rich mentioned there'd be options when they went public, but has graciously included them all in the pre-sale kit.
Link Posted: 11/25/2004 8:36:46 AM EDT
[#10]
IIRC

Magpul makes an aluminum triggerguard that is available now for $20.

The Magpul MIAD is a plastic modular grip system with a (plastic) modular front strap that has a (plastic) triggerguard built-in.  The MIAD is not available (as of Thanksgiving day) yet.

I think I got it right!?
Link Posted: 11/25/2004 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he means that the grips will probably be available as a seperate item, since they have already sold the triggerguards by themselves.  I can buy a Magpul triggerguard now, but will wait if they offer them with the grip.  I want the whole grip kit, but don't need extra parts.  

Yes that's what i meant, sorry for the confusion, but i am use to just pointing and grunting for communication.
Link Posted: 11/25/2004 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yes that's what i meant, sorry for the confusion, but i am use to just pointing and grunting for communication.

Link Posted: 11/28/2004 12:39:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Is this going to be in the $60-$80 range..because i dont care, i have to have one!!!

And seeing a CAD of a Magpul lower ...I think i wet myself.....

Yep i sure did

Link Posted: 11/28/2004 5:55:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What did I mis out On just found this Thread

It sucks... I missed out on this one too.
Link Posted: 11/30/2004 4:18:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Rich,

Just want to see if I'm in on the pre-order.
I ordered two sets.
If you need any further info let me know.
Link Posted: 11/30/2004 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I KNOW, I'M STUPID, BUT WHAT THE HELL DOES W00T MEAN????

In case you're still wondering, and since I only saw sarcastic answers, here you go:

1. woot

Woot originated as a hacker term for root (or administrative) access to a computer. However, with the term as coincides with the gamer term, "w00t".

"w00t" was originally an trunicated expression common among players of Dungeons and Dragons tabletop role-playing game for "Wow, loot!" Thus the term passed into the net-culture where it thrived in video game communities and lost its original meaning and is used simply as a term of excitement.

"I defeated the dark sorcerer! Woot!"

"woot! i r teh flagmastar!" (Think Tribes)

"Woot, I pwnzed this dude's boxen!'

2. Woot

To emphasize something, be happy.

Woot! I got a 100% on that math test.

3. woot

A shout of exciment from a geek, nerd, and/or dork within the internet.

Woot! I owned that dude!

4. woot

1.) when something is amazingly cool
2.) quoting teengirl squad cuz strongbad's a badass

that's so awesome...w00t!!!

5. woot

a random burst of joy

woot!
woo7, w007, w00t
If root were the conciousness of the Internet, woot would be it's soul.

6. woot

See also wOOt, w00t and WOOT

1) An interjection similar to "YAYE!" or "Woohoo!" used to express joy or excitement, usually about some kind of accomplishment. Primarily used by gamers, spreading rapidly to anyone who chats online

Gaming origins: We Owned the Other Team
or Wonderful Loot (Everquest gaming slang)

2) To express agreement

3) As an acronym, can mean Waste of Our Time or Way Out of Topic (online forums) Less common.

1)woot! I got an A on this test.

2)Robyn: Eric is such a tool. Let's put packing peanuts in his desk.
Stefanie: woot!

7. woot

see w00t

8. woot

1. Sound that was made to show the person is happy about their accomplishment that they just performed

2.Some making a sound that they endjoy making because out sounds cool to them

1. Whoot, whoot! after beating a hard boss on a video game like tales of Sinfida. or saying whoot, whoot after making a goal in soccer

2.) saying Whoot, whoot! with excitment SInce most don't say this sound

9. woot

Simply a word that was originally used by hackers to exclaim they had acsess to the root. Soon after was adopted by gamers. Now, it's a way of life. Much like Zen, a more happy state of mind.

Woot! I passed my math exam

I live by the code of woot!

10. woot

(1)a word to descride a expansivly happy situation
(2) something random to say when one is bored

fun fact: woot, backwards/upsidedown is perpindicular line oom

seamonkeymakegreatlovers: ....and that all i have to say about that
thegiraffehaslanded: woot.......woot....wooooooooooooooooooooot

And the list goes on, and on, and on.. and on..

Link Posted: 11/30/2004 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I KNOW, I'M STUPID, BUT WHAT THE HELL DOES W00T MEAN????

In case you're still wondering, and since I only saw sarcastic answers, here you go:

1. woot

Woot originated as a hacker term for root (or administrative) access to a computer. However, with the term as coincides with the gamer term, "w00t".

"w00t" was originally an trunicated expression common among players of Dungeons and Dragons tabletop role-playing game for "Wow, loot!" Thus the term passed into the net-culture where it thrived in video game communities and lost its original meaning and is used simply as a term of excitement.

"I defeated the dark sorcerer! Woot!"

"woot! i r teh flagmastar!" (Think Tribes)

"Woot, I pwnzed this dude's boxen!'

2. Woot

To emphasize something, be happy.

Woot! I got a 100% on that math test.

3. woot

A shout of exciment from a geek, nerd, and/or dork within the internet.

Woot! I owned that dude!

4. woot

1.) when something is amazingly cool
2.) quoting teengirl squad cuz strongbad's a badass

that's so awesome...w00t!!!

5. woot

a random burst of joy

woot!
woo7, w007, w00t
If root were the conciousness of the Internet, woot would be it's soul.

6. woot

See also wOOt, w00t and WOOT

1) An interjection similar to "YAYE!" or "Woohoo!" used to express joy or excitement, usually about some kind of accomplishment. Primarily used by gamers, spreading rapidly to anyone who chats online

Gaming origins: We Owned the Other Team
or Wonderful Loot (Everquest gaming slang)

2) To express agreement

3) As an acronym, can mean Waste of Our Time or Way Out of Topic (online forums) Less common.

1)woot! I got an A on this test.

2)Robyn: Eric is such a tool. Let's put packing peanuts in his desk.
Stefanie: woot!

7. woot

see w00t

8. woot

1. Sound that was made to show the person is happy about their accomplishment that they just performed

2.Some making a sound that they endjoy making because out sounds cool to them

1. Whoot, whoot! after beating a hard boss on a video game like tales of Sinfida. or saying whoot, whoot after making a goal in soccer

2.) saying Whoot, whoot! with excitment SInce most don't say this sound

9. woot

Simply a word that was originally used by hackers to exclaim they had acsess to the root. Soon after was adopted by gamers. Now, it's a way of life. Much like Zen, a more happy state of mind.

Woot! I passed my math exam

I live by the code of woot!

10. woot

(1)a word to descride a expansivly happy situation
(2) something random to say when one is bored

fun fact: woot, backwards/upsidedown is perpindicular line oom

seamonkeymakegreatlovers: ....and that all i have to say about that
thegiraffehaslanded: woot.......woot....wooooooooooooooooooooot

And the list goes on, and on, and on.. and on..

Dude.  Perhaps a nap is in order.
Link Posted: 11/30/2004 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Modular is always nicer, and this is a great idea for a grip.
Link Posted: 11/30/2004 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Great idea! Modular has always been a better way to go from my experience. good job!
Jack

Link Posted: 12/1/2004 5:49:40 AM EDT
[#20]
You could have explained it in two sentences:

1.  W00t started as one meaning and it became trendy and is used for anything and everything.
2.  Being used so much, it loses it's meaning and the people repeating it without knowing it's meaning are pretty lame.

I can't stand seeing that word.

Where did you get all of that info?  from an ebonics website?
Link Posted: 12/1/2004 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

1.  W00t started as one meaning and it became trendy and is used for anything and everything.
2.  Being used so much, it loses it's meaning and the people repeating it without knowing it's meaning are pretty lame.

Okay, whatever, you're welcome.

Ever hear of Google?
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 7:38:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever hear of Google?

Hey-  Maybe you have better luck on google than i do, because all i get as results are links to places that are nothing but places selling whatever it is i type in.  I can't get any info- only advertisements.  fucking google going public...

the reason i asked where is because i wanted to know where.  not HOW.  Google is HOW.  WHERE did all of that come from?  I'm asking, because I'm curious to see who the hell spent their time putting that up on a web page.
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Any progress?
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
COYOTE BROWN and OD also.

I have to say that this is absolutely required. I am guaranteed to buy one if there's a coyote brown version. I'm tired of putting up with my skinny-ass Ergo-Grip.
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 10:48:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever hear of Google?

Hey-  Maybe you have better luck on google than i do, because all i get as results are links to places that are nothing but places selling whatever it is i type in.  I can't get any info- only advertisements.  fucking google going public...

the reason i asked where is because i wanted to know where.  not HOW.  Google is HOW.  WHERE did all of that come from?  I'm asking, because I'm curious to see who the hell spent their time putting that up on a web page.

Yes, you asked.  He answered.  Instead of gratitude for someone finally answering your extremely off topic question with a real answer instead of a cryptic/samrt ass post, you gave him an ungrateful, smart ass remark in return.  So he returned your smart ass remark with another smart ass remark.  Are you surprised?  I'm not.  In fact, i fully expect you to respond to my extemely off topic smart ass reply with an extremely smart ass and off topic reply of your own.  

What is the point then to my smart ass off topic post?  To show that there are too many smart ass, off topic posts as there is.  Let's keep this thread on track, or at least get it back on track.  If anyone has anything to say that doesn't have to do with the magpul grip, then take it to IM or another thread.  Please, for the love of God, take it elsewhere!
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 11:03:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever hear of Google?

Yes, you asked.  He answered.  Instead of gratitude for someone finally answering your extremely off topic question with a real answer instead of a cryptic/samrt ass post, you gave him an ungrateful, smart ass remark in return.  So he returned your smart ass remark with another smart ass remark.  Are you surprised?  I'm not.  In fact, i fully expect you to respond to my extemely off topic smart ass reply with an extremely smart ass and off topic reply of your own.  

What is the point then to my smart ass off topic post?  To show that there are too many smart ass, off topic posts as there is.  Let's keep this thread on track, or at least get it back on track.  If anyone has anything to say that doesn't have to do with the magpul grip, then take it to IM or another thread.  Please, for the love of God, take it elsewhere!

You act like this thread used to be about a new grip or something.

Please people, lets not bicker over what w00t is.
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 11:08:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Since I have neither time, nor desire to read through 27 pages of posts, I'll just say this.  A backstrap with an arch (like a 1911 arched mainspring housing) would appeal to me.
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 2:12:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Check page 8 for pics of the grip
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 5:41:55 AM EDT
[#29]
I have to say I'm not the first one to go "off-topic" if that's what you want to call it.  I'm not the one to post a mile long thread about it.  All I needed to hear was "hacker" or "phreak" or "wi3rd0"etc.  Thanks for jumping on me when i was just saying that was an awful lot of info to copy and paste if it all came from different locations and i was wondering why someone would have posted 45 definitions of the 'word'.  That's why I asked where he found it.  Not how.  I figured he was being a smartass and I wasn't going to worry about whether I sounded like a smartass.  knightone- you sure didn't worry about your tone when you posted about my comment.  I wasn't bitching because he gave me everything he could find.  

I thought we already talked about how to solve people's complaining that when they get notified of a new post, they complain that it's just a question asking how they can get in.  It seemed that people were going to just use this to start "conversations" while in what is pretty much a waiting room.  

smartass>dumbass but i am not saying anyone is either.  

Link Posted: 12/3/2004 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Rich,

Can we get an update?  It has been a long time and I would like to know if we will recieve these before christmas or not.  Also what happened to the trigger guards being shipped out to us before the grips?
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#31]
90% of the people here posted that they would rather he spend the time on finishing the grips than spending it packaging up the trigger guards.  i figured that he had a few employees that aren't working on the grips, but could be wrapping and shipping, but it doesn't matter to me.
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Ditto, DevL.
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#33]
+1
Link Posted: 12/6/2004 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Updates??????
Link Posted: 12/6/2004 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#35]
when can we order the finished product got a lower waiting for a grip
Link Posted: 12/7/2004 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#36]
<crickets>

</crickets>
Link Posted: 12/7/2004 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#37]
For those that missed the great update thread Link

It's definitely worth reading
Link Posted: 12/7/2004 3:33:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
For those that missed the great update thread Link

It's definitely worth reading

Hell Yeah!
Link Posted: 12/7/2004 3:35:10 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
All the parts are molded and fit together nicely. We are sorting the parts and will start shipping on thursday (Dec 9th). Thanks to everyone for their patience.

Photos and more when I get the chance.

Link Posted: 12/7/2004 5:18:59 PM EDT
[#40]
cool

link here
Link Posted: 12/7/2004 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
cool

link here

thanx for the link
Link Posted: 12/7/2004 10:31:25 PM EDT
[#42]
if anyone would like to sell an xtra i would be more than pleased to buy it.. any color, it dont matter to me..
Link Posted: 12/12/2004 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Tagged...  
Link Posted: 12/12/2004 3:54:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Tagged...  

Link Posted: 12/12/2004 4:25:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Corporal Chaos,

Whats up with the face ????

I lost my bookmark to this thread when I switched computers. I pre-ordered two grips and wanted to make sure I would be able to find the thread for reference.

Landwarrior...
Link Posted: 12/12/2004 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/12/2004 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Corporal Chaos,

I lost my bookmark to this thread when I switched computers. I pre-ordered two grips and wanted to make sure I would be able to find the thread for reference.

Landwarrior...

Non-paying members can't tag threads.  It always makes me laugh when they put "Tagged" in a thread.  The whole point of doing that is so it shows up in one's active topics.  Otherwise, just subscribe to the thread, no need to say anything unless you're a post whore.

Anyway, this is getting off topic again.
Link Posted: 12/12/2004 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#48]
off topic...

that's one reason i'm glad i paid for a team membership.  those email notificationes were, and still are, driving me nuts.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2004 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Corporal Chaos,

Landwarrior...

They already shipped.

Brou,

When did they ship?
Link Posted: 12/12/2004 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Thursday 9 Dec.
Page / 15
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top