BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:33:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think anybody will dispute Eagle's quality, but their design is not the best for these cases.  They only have 4 mag pockets and they are in the main compartment with the rifle, with no padding between them and the rifle.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:33:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't think anybody will dispute Eagle's quality, but their design is not the best for these cases.  They only have 4 mag pockets and they are in the main compartment with the rifle, with no padding between them and the rifle.  

Very true on the regular discreet case. The soft-hard discreet case on the other hand has mag holders in the outside pocket and you slide the weapon in from the end. It doesn't open like a suitcase, but your mags aren't inside with the weapon either. Granted though it is not necessarily the best design.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#3]
For the life of me I can not figure out why some gun case makers insist on making cases with the extra mags sitting right inside against the firearm with little or no padding between them!  have
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#4]
 I got to check out one of the Blackhawk Discreet cases today.  It seemed really well made and had nice fit and finish.  It appeared to be almost identical to the Tac-Force case.  I compared it with the excellent pictures that Jorg posted and I could see little difference.  The Blackhawk case is a good $45.00 to $60.00 more and extra mag pouches are $7-9 more a piece compared to the Tac-Force pouches.  The Blackhawk case did appear to have heavier zippers and more attachment points (6) on the back of the case for the carry strap.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#5]
What to these cases use for padding?  Open or closed cell foam?  What is the padding thickness?  If these things use a good thickness of closed cell foam rubber, then I'm in the market for a couple.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Will my (soon to arrive) Kel-Tec SU-16C fit in this?

"TACFORCE TAC Transport System - 26x3x12 Rifle Case"
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:38:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Will the 33" Tac Force case work with a "16 barreled M4 with Vortex g6 FH? The weapon measures exactly 32 1/2". Also, Is there room to have a TA31F ACOG mount on the weapon? TIA!!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:02:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Will the 33" Tac Force case work with a "16 barreled M4 with Vortex g6 FH? The weapon measures exactly 32 1/2". Also, Is there room to have a TA31F ACOG mount on the weapon? TIA!!!

someone already said their 31.5" when collapsed rifle just fits inside a 33"
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#9]
The H-shaped strap can be used with a holster that is made to attach to a 1.5" web belt OR you can do what I do- attach my OTIS cleaning kit to it.  I've got one of the round cleaning kits and it fits nice and snug over the webbing.

The mag pouches are a 2x3 design.  The flaps can be totally removed if desired.  Use a large popsicle stick or tongue depressor or any other flat stiff object to separate the inside of the flap from the velcro and pull it out.

They are made this way so you can adjust how much of the flap can be pulled over the mags and onto the velcro on the front.  

You can also tuck the flaps back inside the pouches with the mags out.  The pouches are tight enough to where you don't really need the flaps if you want fast access.  There is even a ribbon inside to keep them from sliding back up and out while pulling a mag.

I'd really like to get a Vest to mount these to.

You can get to the padding that lies in between the two compartments (i think.)  I played around with it last year when I first got mine.  

It's a pink closed cell foam that's only 1/8" to 1/4" thick.  

I was going to cut a sheet of ABS plastic I have to fit in between the two sections of the case to stiffen up that area.  It's only 1/8" or less thick and pretty flexible.  The case would seem pretty limp at times.  Never got around to it though...

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Big +1 for DSG -- i had the same quick service.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:37:59 AM EDT
[#11]
tag
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:02:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

My 16" m4 barrel + A2 FH and Vltor stock collapsed fits snugly in my 33" Tac Force Case.  I also have a 36" and I use that for my M4gery and use the other for a SBR.  If you put the cases side by side its not that much of a difference, certainly not enough to warrant pushing it to fit.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:52:29 AM EDT
[#13]
SNIPERm88,

Thanks, I already received a 36" Tac Force several days ago. I really like the case, you can't beat the features and quality for the price!!!!

Raven6

Rangers Lead the Way!!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:37:32 AM EDT
[#14]
The Galati Gear Cases are extremely well padded with all top notch material with a 100% guarantee. You can see all the features now at www.galatigear.com
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:47:11 AM EDT
[#15]
After reading this thread I bought two 36" Tacforce cases from DSG Arms.  The cases are every bit as nice as others I've looked at that were nearly twice as much $, and the service from DSG was excellent as well.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:37:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Ordered mine last night with the extra mag pouch. Looking forward to getting it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:37:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Will my (soon to arrive) Kel-Tec SU-16C fit in this?
"TACFORCE TAC Transport System - 26x3x12 Rifle Case"

According to Kel-Tec, The folded OAL on that is 25.5"
I have a AK Underfolder, exactly 26" OAL.  If it will fit then yours will also, but I don't have a case, yet.  Can someone with a 26" Tac Force answer us?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:57:20 AM EDT
[#18]
These cases look pretty good and I'd like to to try one but I sure wish they made the dual carbine case in the rectangular, tan colored models in 33 or 36 inch...
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:35:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
These cases look pretty good and I'd like to to try one but I sure wish they made the dual carbine case in the rectangular, tan colored models in 33 or 36 inch...

They DO!  I think mine's a 33".  

Where have you looked?  Have you tried SavvySurvivor.com??  They have every size and color and shipping is great.  

This is the case:

It's $65 shipped for the 33".

Oh shit.  I see now.  They only offer OD and Black now...

WTF??  

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:38:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Email or IM Bigbore.  ADCO had started selling them in black and OD right after I ordered mine from Savvysurvivor...

Maybe they can get you a tan one.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:07:56 AM EDT
[#21]
IslandTactical.com looked they had a big selection in stock.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
IslandTactical.com looked they had a big selection in stock.

I didn't see Tan there...
Link Posted: 4/20/2006 9:14:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Received my Tac-Force case today along with the extra 3-mag pouch. Had it shipped to my work address so i haven't been able to fill it up yet but it looks very well made for the price.
Link Posted: 4/20/2006 9:26:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Sorry for the confusion guys.

What I want is a tan, 33", rectangular dual carbine carrier.  I didn't see anything like that available.

I guess I could go for a tan version of the standard dual carrier  thay have but I want it in 33" not 42".

It doesn't help to be such picky bastard, huh?
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 7:59:06 AM EDT
[#25]
I really like mine, ordered from RustyTX's website last Tuesday night, arrived Monday morning.

42" tan for my 20" AR with A2 stock in tan, and a 33" green for my 14.5"+phantom M4 with an M93 stock.  The 33" is a very close fit (without having to angle the rifle in the case, and just barely not touching the foam lip to protect the gun from the zipper) for the carbine with its 31.5" overall length, so if you have a 16" barrel plus a flash hider, I'd strongly recommend going to the next size up.  I really liked how I could reposition the hold-down straps closer together so the case would secure the rifle by the handguards rather than the barrel.

There's also a picture on his website of a Krinkov in a 26" case, considering how the cases are 1-1.5" smaller on the inside than the listed dimension, a 25.5" AK or SU-16 would be a tight fit.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/1/2006 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for the info guys.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top