Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
IF AN ALL OUT BAN OCCURS...I THINK THE BEST THING TO DO IS GIVE THE RIFLES AWAY..RATHER THAN TURN THEM IN.  IT WOULD GIVE THE GOVERNMENT PAUSE TO HAVE MILLIONS OF AR'S TURN UP ON THE 'STREET" OVERNIGHT...WITH NO WAY TO GET THEM BACK.  I WOULD IMAGINE THAT SOME MAY EVEN END UP IN CRIMINAL HANDS.....WHAT A PITY THAT WOULD BE!!!!!   IF A MOVEMENT WERE TO ARISE THAT WOULD SUGGEST THIS...PERHAPS A BAN COULD BE AVOIDED.

I think if we all said "NO WAY, come get them" would be better. But that ain't going to happen, not today, that would mean some might actually die fighting for freedom. Not enough men with balls left in this country. Those days are gone.

Just doesn't make sense to me...stockpile guns and ammo so you have something to turn in I guess.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
And IF there is a ban...or a turn them in thing.
How many of you will use all those rifles and ammo you are buying now to fight for your freedom?

Prob. not a topic anyone is going to want to go into, IMHO only. However all my guns, mags, body armor and ammo were lost in an unfortunate boating accident off the Gulf Coast during a fishing trip. I loaded a large bag in the boat, though it was fishing gear but by mistake it must have been all my gun gear. It was very rough sea that day, all items loast over board. Very sad, all guns and gear lost at sea. I even have tears when ever I think about it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#3]
If an all out ban happens... I'll be in the middle of 1000's of acrs of woods in northern MI at my grand parents house with my ar loaded up with aboout 12 magazines. If they disarm us, who knows what they would do next. NWO IS COMMING

again LOWERS!
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#4]
There isnt gonna be another ban...enoygh with the paranoia.When the DC ban gets shot down this month it will be another victory for us.Obama is gonna win the nomination...hes not gonna beat McainAlso there are more pro-gun dems now then there were 14 years ago and information and reaction to bills is much faster.The dems have a slim margine control of congress and the senate and its an election year for them as well.

The dems also dont forget why they lost control of congress and the senate for 12 years.Most states now have concealed carry laws that benefit us and last year the laws passed that bans law enforcement from confiscating law abiding citizens guns in a disaster situation.Lets talk of our victories since then and get rid of this defeatest attitude..im not turing shit in..to go by new hampshires saying..."LIVE FREE OR DIE"I choose both.I live free and if I have to ill die the same way.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'll be sure to post again on the first of December -
And I'm willing to bet you $1,000 cash that no ban will be passed.
Start writing that check out.

Would you make the same wager for December '09?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Hope theres no ban   But its ganna happen sooner or later. I'm ganna order more mags soon. USGI
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#7]
It will be hard to pass something that didnt have any impact the first time it came around for 10 years.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 10:13:18 PM EDT
[#8]
November is only the election...  whoever wins won't actually take office until January.

I think some of you should invest in tinfoil helmets before you buy any more gun stuff.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:33:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Hope fully if anything like what some of you spaek of happens, more officers would use discreation on taking our guns.  Some of them forget sometimes they can use it but how many times did you hear ....when they pry it from my cold dead fingers
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:58:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Training, Ammo, more Training, more ammo. Repeat.
I am not a gun dealer, I don't need massive quantities of stock on hand.
However, there may come a time I would need to use what I have to defend me and mine.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:12:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm not stocking up on a goddamn thing until the SC annoucement on the Heller case later this month
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:07:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Everyone here seems to have a lot of faith in the SC. We're placing our very rights in the hands of a few people and that's enough to make me nervous.

I'm buying mags and ammo. Not a lot at once, (can't afford it) but a few mags here...a couple of boxes of ammo there. Prices are never going to go down.

If the SC does affirm our Second Amendment rights, the new leadership will impose taxs on gun related items, limit ammo purchases, etc. I can in no way see a good outcome for gun owners in the next eight years.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:13:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Training, Ammo, more Training, more ammo. Repeat.
I am not a gun dealer, I don't need massive quantities of stock on hand.
However, there may come a time I would need to use what I have to defend me and mine.

Yeah, you can only shoot one rifle at a time.  In a Katrina situation having 100 ARs just gives the looters more stuff to steal if you spent all your money on hardware and neglected buying the stuff that actually goes bang.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:15:35 AM EDT
[#14]
I got my wife a NRA membership.

I am getting mags and one-two lowers.  I have LPKs but I need to build them.

The uppers might be chrome molly just because they are in stock.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:20:23 AM EDT
[#15]
IMO, a couple complete rifles if you can afford them, plus appropriate spare parts and replacements.

After that, as many full-capacity mags, and as much ammo, as you can reasonably afford. And as many classes as you can get to.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:32:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, I for one dont buy up a bunch of guns to use in a SHTF scenario, I do it because
I, like a lot of other crime bill survivors, were caught by surprise and lived opressed for
ten years. I celebrate my freedom now days and prepare for it to possibly happen
again. And if they attempt to seize firearms, well then this country would no longer be
America, land of the free, and I would have to look for a new home anyways, so mine
as well either fight it out or pick up and move. Where too I dont know but I feel I would
probably be wearing some form of sombrearo Thank god I love spicy food
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#17]
dunno about imposing taxes on guns or ammo. they do that anyway, but any really high tax, could be considered imposing on your ability to use your second amendment rights. the sc ruling would really help us out if it goes the good way. imagine taxing writing paper, bibles, etc that would not last 5 seconds. i do support reasonable gun restrictions, such as the court suggested. which to me is like things like this, such as requiring registeration,  legal transfer of guns, having to have training and acquiring a permit, to purchase and own a gun( help cut out nut jobs and criminals buying guns). manditory prison sentences for gun related crimes. that would eventually help to get rid of unregistered weapons and help cut down on crime. the ONLY way i would be comfortable with restrictions like that though is if the supreme court rules the right way. thats the only way i would not be scared of a government " round up" of legal guns like in california.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:09:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
dunno about imposing taxes on guns or ammo. they do that anyway, but any really high tax, could be considered imposing on your ability to use your second amendment rights. the sc ruling would really help us out if it goes the good way. imagine taxing writing paper, bibles, etc that would not last 5 seconds. i do support reasonable gun restrictions, such as the court suggested. which to me is like things like this, such as requiring registeration,  legal transfer of guns, having to have training and acquiring a permit, to purchase and own a gun( help cut out nut jobs and criminals buying guns). manditory prison sentences for gun related crimes. that would eventually help to get rid of unregistered weapons and help cut down on crime. the ONLY way i would be comfortable with restrictions like that though is if the supreme court rules the right way. thats the only way i would not be scared of a government " round up" of legal guns like in california.

Fuck the "crime" issue.  The second amendment, as written, may not be tampered with to decrease "crime".  You're accepting the underlying premise that the "crime" issue allows government to regulate firearms.  Have fun registering your firearms too...You won't see me in the line at the local police station.  As for "legal transfer of guns", please tell us how government will ever be able to stop thugs from selling stolen guns out of the trunks of their stolen cars.    

Edit since I'm pissed off now: even the legal term "reasonable" is in fact one of the last words we want to hear out of the Supreme Court, since it would mean that government only has to show a reasonable correlation between a law and its desired effect.  I personally am in favor of words like "absolute" and "strict scrutiny".

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:50:04 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I used to think like this as well until I realized that it is not a question of who can get
guns easily or legaly, it is a question of follow through with punishment for those who
break the laws and endanger others. it is a question of personal resposibility. until we
get values back into the home it will never matter how manny gun laws you pass,
people will continue to break the law and blame it on something other than themselves.

People have a hard time accepting personal responsibility for anything anymore and
I believe that this is going to be one of our major downfalls. Talk to most criminals and
who do they blame for where they are at? Not themselves but society, their parents,
the cop that arrested them, the judge that scentenced them, someone who ratted them
out... Anyone but them. Making honest people pay for this is not going to reduice crime
at all, it is just going to keep more honest people from being able to pursue their passion
in gun collecting.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:02:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
who's got the best deals on bulk USGI mags,this is one of my priorities also.

i'v checked out bravo company and PK firearms,bravocomp has 10 mag packages but i dont think there USGI like PK sells.

44mag

Look at the banners above, you're looking for the blue one that says "44mag" they have good deals.

+1. 44mag is great to deal with. Good prices and quick shippping.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:07:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Single malt scotch and ammo.

Not crazy buy all you can for fear or gov policies, just a bottle evry now and then

Seriously, I'm just stocking up on ammo anyway.  I always do.  I'll build up close to 1k rounds and then I'll shoot the oldest stuff at the range.  I'll buy a butt load of the cheap ammo from Academy and (Monarch) and blow through that at the range.

I only have around 30 USGI mags and so far two Mag-level mags for two rifles.  I'll end up buying around 8 more Maglevel mags and a handfull of USGI mags as well.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:27:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:32:41 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think if we all said "NO WAY, come get them" would be better. But that ain't going to happen, not today, that would mean some might actually die fighting for freedom. Not enough men with balls left in this country. Those days are gone.

Just doesn't make sense to me...stockpile guns and ammo so you have something to turn in I guess.

OlCrow is right on the mark: "Not enough men with balls left".  As long as most people have a roof over their head, food in their stomach, gasoline in their cars, and shit TV programs, they will never resist an ever increasing, controlling federal government.  The American populace has grown a soft underbelly.  Most people are too preoccupied with their ponzi-scheme 401K's, Roth funds, stocks/bonds, big houses, and their new cars to be worried about taking the personal responsibility that comes with actual freedom.

Has anyone every wondered how we beat fascist Nazi Germany and imperial Japan, WITHOUT the Department of Homeland Security?

All this talk goes WAY beyond firearm bans and confiscations.

Agreed
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:36:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:31:10 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm wondering where the cops are that will carry out a gun ban. I know several and they all say they would tell the politician that wants the guns to go get them himself. They will give up their lives to defend the public, but they won't to disarm honest citizens.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:52:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:07:32 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OlCrow is right on the mark: "Not enough men with balls left".  As long as most people have a roof over their head, food in their stomach, gasoline in their cars, and shit TV programs, they will never resist an ever increasing, controlling federal government.  The American populace has grown a soft underbelly.  Most people are too preoccupied with their ponzi-scheme 401K's, Roth funds, stocks/bonds, big houses, and their new cars to be worried about taking the personal responsibility that comes with actual freedom.

Has anyone every wondered how we beat fascist Nazi Germany and imperial Japan, WITHOUT the Department of Homeland Security?

Agreed

Yeah, but add an Obamma presidency that will no doubt increase gas prices, increase taxes, and make jobs pay less through regulation, and then you have your recipe for desperation.

People start losing their jobs, can't feed their family, then desperation takes over.  Throw in a gun grab, and I'd think there would be some fight left in some Americans.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed

Yeah, but add an Obamma presidency that will no doubt increase gas prices, increase taxes, and make jobs pay less through regulation, and then you have your recipe for desperation.

People start losing their jobs, can't feed their family, then desperation takes over.  Throw in a gun grab, and I'd think there would be some fight left in some Americans.

Lots of speculation in that. you assume all of that will happen, and even if it does
Obama has already billed himself to the majority of the politically blinded that he is
the hope of the nation to pull us out of that. They will just cling further to the
government for the answers.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:40:51 AM EDT
[#29]
I would be stocking up on pencils.  I plan on writing a lot to my local congressional representatives.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#30]
i was deployed to mississippi for hurricane relief and someone mentioned the possible confiscation of guns ( hoping we might get in on it). i said point blank i would not go into anyones home and take their guns. i was told i would do as told or suffer the consiquences. i replied i took a oath to defend the constitution, and the second amendment gives people the right to own guns, and any order telling me to break it is a unlawful order which i would not follow, that pretty much ended the conversation. sad when iraqis are allowed ak47's in their home, which they make a very big deal about us NOT taking, but here at home the same government is out for our guns.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#31]
You talking out of both sides of your mouth....

In one post you say this:

height=8
Quoted:

And the other you say this:

height=8
Quoted:
i was deployed to mississippi for hurricane relief and someone mentioned the possible confiscation of guns ( hoping we might get in on it). i said point blank i would not go into anyones home and take their guns. i was told i would do as told or suffer the consiquences. i replied i took a oath to defend the constitution, and the second amendment gives people the right to own guns, and any order telling me to break it is a unlawful order which i would not follow, that pretty much ended the conversation. sad when iraqis are allowed ak47's in their home, which they make a very big deal about us NOT taking, but here at home the same government is out for our guns.So which is it??
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:02:16 AM EDT
[#32]
    This is not being posted to scare anyone, just pointing out a fact that happened when the 94 AWB sunsetted.

If you need to stock up on whatever product is necessary to you. Just remember, it was very hard to find certain things (pistol mags, rifle mags, collapsable stocks, uppers with flash hiders, etc.) after the 94 AWB went away.

I can easily see the same thing happening with this election. I seriously doubt that the Supreme Court justices are going to give us a whole lot with their decision. I can't see them tying the hands of the gov't on any issue. I see a victory in name only for us, while leaving a backdoor for the gov't to come in through when it is necessary.

You watch, by the end of summer, alot of products will become hard to come by and possibly go up in price (supply and demand, remember). I am set on everything I need to weather another ban or unfair tax on certain gun-related items for several years.

This is not a "the sky is falling" post. I'm just pointing out the facts of past history.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:28:40 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I'm wondering where the cops are that will carry out a gun ban. I know several and they all say they would tell the politician that wants the guns to go get them himself. They will give up their lives to defend the public, but they won't to disarm honest citizens.

When I was down in Katrinia Cops tried to get myself and my Airmen to disarm.  One of my Sargents unholstered his M9 and said come and take it.  The officer looked at me and said Captain I need your weapons.  I unholstered and pointed it at him as well.  Nothing happened and we stayed armed.  

But those are the punks that will enforce the gun ban.

Iraqis do have some nice AKs by the way.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Democrats have layed off gun control issues lately.  They don't want to risk hurting pro-gun dems particularly in the south and risk their slim congessional majority.

However, consider this:  Obama has the most liberal voting record of any senator in recent memory.  I think there is better than a 50/50 chance that he will be elected.  Combine that with a Dem congress that has firmed up it's majority and you have a recipie for new laws that restrict the rights of gunowners.

If Obama is elected, I think you will have 12-18 months until a new, "enhanced" AWB.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#35]
i firmly believe americans have the god given, and constitutional given right to own, keep, use, carry, and posess firearms, including military style weapons, ar-15s ak's etc. ( unless that right has been revoked by due constitutional process, like being a criminal)         HOWEVER, i dont believe it benefits us to have lax weapon laws, laws that are not enforced, or the easy avalibility of weapons from  questionable sources, i agree you will never completly elimanate illegal guns, stolen guns etc, but thats no reason to not attempt to control it. you cant get medical care from unlicensed doctors, you cant drive a vehicle without a test, license, and insurance, you cant vote without being of age and go and register to vote. does everyone really think having ak's and ar 15 rifles easily accessable, unregestered, and available to nut jobs , people with absolutely no gun training, etc really helps to defend yourself, your family or this country. all i said was i support REASONABLE registration of weapons, but ONLY if i was reasonably sure there would be no misuse of information on legally registered weapons, like california did. the only thing that would prevent it, would be to have a good supreme court ruling, actually saying we have the right to own guns. i believe we do, but apparently the government needs to be told " officially" we do as well.          i also believe in hunting, and approve of hunting rules and regulations, and fee's, i dont see my stance as " talking out of both sides of my mouth"  you are entitled to your opinion, and i have no beef with you not agreeing with my beliefs,  as granted by the first amendment you have the right to disagree with me ,, but are still not able to yell fire in a crowded room, we have rights, but none are absolute.  basically with that argument if the constitution gives me the right to own a car, i should be able to drive anything i want, fast as i want, anyway i want, with no insurance, license or training, and the government should not be able to regulate it,what would be the difference????
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Good god man, learn what a paragraph is...
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:24:49 PM EDT
[#37]
lol, please forgive the sentence structure. i had a runaway gun there for a second.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:25:28 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
i firmly believe americans have the god given, and constitutional given right to own, keep, use, carry, and posess firearms, including military style weapons, ar-15s ak's etc. ( unless that right has been revoked by due constitutional process, like being a criminal)         HOWEVER, i dont believe it benefits us to have lax weapon laws, laws that are not enforced, or the easy avalibility of weapons from  questionable sources, i agree you will never completly elimanate illegal guns, stolen guns etc, but thats no reason to not attempt to control it. you cant get medical care from unlicensed doctors, you cant drive a vehicle without a test, license, and insurance, you cant vote without being of age and go and register to vote. does everyone really think having ak's and ar 15 rifles easily accessable, unregestered, and available to nut jobs , people with absolutely no gun training, etc really helps to defend yourself, your family or this country. all i said was i support REASONABLE registration of weapons, but ONLY if i was reasonably sure there would be no misuse of information on legally registered weapons, like california did. the only thing that would prevent it, would be to have a good supreme court ruling, actually saying we have the right to own guns. i believe we do, but apparently the government needs to be told " officially" we do as well.          i also believe in hunting, and approve of hunting rules and regulations, and fee's, i dont see my stance as " talking out of both sides of my mouth"  you are entitled to your opinion, and i have no beef with you not agreeing with my beliefs,  as granted by the first amendment you have the right to disagree with me ,, but are still not able to yell fire in a crowded room, we have rights, but none are absolute.  basically with that argument if the constitution gives me the right to own a car, i should be able to drive anything i want, fast as i want, anyway i want, with no insurance, license or training, and the government should not be able to regulate it,what would be the difference????

yourreasoningmakesnosenseatalltosaythatowningafirearmbyrightsoftheconstitutionisthe
sameasowningacarbyrightsoftheconstitutionandbeingallowedtodriveitanywayyouwantisjus
tludicriswedonothavetheconstitutionalrighttodriveacaralsonooneissayingthatoneshouldbe
abletoshootanywheretheywantanytimetheywantasfastastheywantoranythinglikethattheyar
esimplysayingthatitistheirconstitutionalrighttokeepandbeararmsandthatitcannotbeinfring
edmaybetheyshouldmakesomepeopletakeagrammartestbeforebeingabletoownfirearmst
henalotofmoronswouldbeculledoutofthebunchdontyouagreeprobablynotbutheywhoamitos
ayanywaysilikepieelevendybilliontimesbutthatdoesnotmakeitrightyouknowbutshithappen
ssoohwellandthatmightjustmakeitallworkforus
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:27:50 PM EDT
[#39]
i at least put a space between my words and used a comma here and there.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#40]
i
t

i
s

j
u
s
t

a
s

r
e
a
d
a
b
l
e
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:44:42 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
i at least put a space between my words and used a comma here and there.

I didn't even bother reading it.

On topic:

If you believe there is going to be another form of AWB, then stock up on what you think you'll need or want.

If you don't believe there is going to be another form of AWB, then don't stock up on anything.

I personally have a small stock of ammo, magazines, and Evil Black Rifles.  I have just what I want or think I need.  It may or may not be enough.  Only time will tell.

If you have the money now, it may not be a bad idea to stock up anyways.  Prices are just going to go up!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:17:18 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

who's got the best deals on bulk USGI mags,this is one of my priorities also.

i'v checked out bravo company and PK firearms,bravocomp has 10 mag packages but i dont think there USGI like PK sells.

BravoCompany's 10-packs of mags are made by D&H.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think D&H are USGI. I do know for a fact though that D&H makes very good mags. BravoCompany's mags are D&H mags stamped with BravoCompany text on the floorplate. 10 of my aluminum mags are BravoCo's D&H grey teflon. Their quality and functionality are as excellent as any of my other D&H mags. Buy with confidence. Then put MagPul's wonderful followers in them and you'll be ready to rock and roll.

These days I buy my mags almost exclusively from 44mag.com and bravocompany.com. They both offer great prices and shipping rates.

Last night I bought two of those transparent polymer mags made by Lancer to check them out. If they're GTG, I'll be buying some more. I'll let my brother borrow one for about a week to see if he'd like to buy some too.

It helps that my dad and my brother are gun nuts and AR15 fans too.

Bravo is now selling aluminum mags with the Magpul followers installed.  FYI.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:53:26 AM EDT
[#43]
i ordered a 10 pack of D&H 30 round mags from 44Mag and they should be here in the next couple days,seems like great prices and great customer service.

thanx alot for all the thoughts and opinions and thanx for not turning this thread into a SHTF stock-pile check list..i only read one or two posts about shelters and MRE's and a few more suggesting a stash of liquor(not a bad idea under any circumstance)

i learned alot reading through the posts

i like the philosophy of buy when you can afford it and when the price is right,especially when it comes to reloading components.

i do alot of shooting and reloading just because i enjoy it,if things like gun powder and primers get taxed to death it will really piss me off and thinking about turning over my firearms is absolutley unacceptable

i hope were not taking the last steps toward the NWO but if we are i believe i'll go down fighting or i'll be sporting a new Sombrero

if anyone else has anything they want to add i'd be happy to hear it

great stuff guys!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:51:06 AM EDT
[#44]
It doesn't matter what you buy. The Clinton ban has showed the commicrats that they can't leave any "loopholes". They'll ban the manufacture, sale, & possession of everything. We'll have to turn everything in or go to prison.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
It doesn't matter what you buy. The Clinton ban has showed the commicrats that they can't leave any "loopholes". They'll ban the manufacture, sale, & possession of everything. We'll have to turn everything in or go to prison.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#46]
The Brady Bill, GCA, and AWB were all enacted while a democrat was in office.

However, the MG ban of 86 and the Import Ban of 89 were enacted while republicans were in office.

My point above is that yes the Democrats have a history of gun control (see: Massachusetts and California, even though the gubernator is a registered republican and shamelessly and specifically banned .50's) however so do republicans so blaming every arcane gun law on the liberals is false logic and having the notion that just because A democrat is taking office means that all of our guns are going to be stripped from us and all guns will be illegal within the next 12 months is moronic.

Not to say we shouldn't stop being vigilant of our rights, but the past has proven that anyone from any political background shows no remorse in trying to limit them so why is civilization suddenly going to end when a democrat takes office

To be perfectly honest, I was 17 when I got my first AR, smack dab in the middle of the AWB.  Ammo was cheap, 'pre-ban' mags were around $30 a piece making them a little more costly but not prohibitively so, and you could still find accessories like Telestocks on eBay for a few bones (though not a good idea to buy them because of 'constructive possession', but whatever).  My rifle had a permanently attached muzzle brake that I removed myself after the ban ended.  These were all annoyances but nothing that stopped me from having fun with my rifle.  And then on 04 it lifted and had ammo prices not risen to where they are now, I'd be having just as much fun with my rifle.

On that, Ammo prices are where they are for a few reasons.  Surplus 7.62 nato is drying up because it's a round that's not widely used anymore and thus the production has gone back down to commercial levels.  Whatever 7.62 is being produced is probably going towards the war effort, which is where 5.56 and x39 are going, making them so expensive.

If Obama can conclude or significantly diminish our part in this war then I'd imagine ammo prices will start lowering pretty significantly as all the companies that are in full production right now will soon have a lot leftover not going to the fighters of the war.  I don't want to start an epic debate or argument on why it's good or bad for us to end the war, however, bringing our boys and girls home would be the prime benefit, but a byproduct of that would be cheap ammo, mags, AR parts, etc.

Both parties of congress right now are still heavily conservative. If a gun ban could be enacted under whichever president we have after november, I honestly doubt that anything of that nature would come to fruition until after the '10 congressional elections and that's only if there is then a strong democratic presence.

Regardless, I plan to buy an AK as soon as I can justify the funding, just in case there's another 'import' or 'sporting arms' type of law enacted.  Everything else I'm pretty happy with, I have and always have had plenty of mags for my AR and FAL and my 1911 doesn't know what a 'hi cap' is so if they want to ban something silly like flash hiders or 30rd mags then as far as they know I never had any.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top