BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:18:18 AM EDT
[#1]

That looks great, are you going to paint the barrel behind the FSB?  If you do, just put some tape on the gas tube so you don't paint it.  Before you cook it, peel the tape off.  I've done this on a few different ones and it has been a quick fix versus pulling everything apart.

Now that you have done it, what do you think of the difficulty level?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:20:21 AM EDT
[#2]

There's a little spot on the bottom where the bbl was resting on the oven rack, but no one will ever see that. I guess to avoid that I'd have to rig up some kind of holder.

An old wire clothes hanger will work great for your barrel.  I've also torch cured a few pieces before baking, but that is another story.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:23:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That looks great, are you going to paint the barrel behind the FSB?

Nah, it'll be under the handguards--why bother?

Quoted:
Now that you have done it, what do you think of the difficulty level?

Extremely easy. I really didn't even read the instructions, just yours. Piece of cake and seems durable, looks great. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I just received my blemished a2 upper for LAR, and I was wondering if norrells would cure to a flat finish even on the glossy areas, where it looks like it was ground down after sandblasting and before final coating (anondize, dry lube...?) I know that curing temp and time may have a lot to do with the finish of the entire piece, but will it successfully cover the blemishes?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I think you just emailed or PM'd me, but I get a lot and can't remember who it was.  The answer is that it shouldn't be a problem in the least.  Below is a pic of a lower receiver that was in horrid condition, it was glossy in some areas and bare in others.  I think it turned out well.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:23:52 AM EDT
[#6]
That looks excellent. I'll be ordering some norrell's soon. BTW is that the socom black?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:44:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I should have mentioned that, yes it is SOCOM (Matte Black).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top