AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:34:41 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Notice how many are not using BUIS?

That's cause we can't get 'em fast enough.  MATECH is the standard sight now, and we're not buying too many off-the-shelf BUIS anymore.  

Rapid Equipping Force did a great job getting some kind of optic to just about everyone in the line.  Still a few billets that aren't authorized, but not many.  Same for taclites, though there are lots of different ones in use.  

I'll leave it to you to guess who gets suppressors and high power optics in conventional units.

Dummy cord is a good thing, especially when it takes a loooooooong time to get new gear.  Also help prevent you from paying for gear that you don't get to keep.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#2]
my ACOG has a backup  site on it.

Otherwise I'd have to carry one around in my pocket because for my eye to be like perfect the scope is back as far as she'll go on my reciever
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:54:08 AM EDT
[#3]
The scope the 2nd Brigade soldier (black heart patch on an ACU pattern helmet cover, my brigade too) is zeroing in that bottom pic is a C-More variable power, has kind of a dot and donut reticle. I'll try to get a model number off of one, I have an ACOG myself. Bought a 31-RCO because HHC is always last on the list to get the good stuff.

Optics are everywhere, even if it's a M68 on a gooseneck mount on top of a 16A2. Everything is tied off with gutted 550 cord if you're smart, and you generally have that decision made for you. And I haven't seen an M4A1 any damn place, but I never get over to the SF compound. The only long-tabbers I see only wear a pistol into the chow hall.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#4]
well today i will wonder over to the website i got these off of and see what other close up ars i can find.

would you like to see the m-14s to or just the ars since i posted this is the ar section.i know how some people get about posting things other than ar in here.

glad you all like the pics.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 who else has an itch for an ACOG?

nope, got one

+1
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
check out the last pic he has his surefire hogtied with rope.

Some people are big advocates of using 550 cord or zip ties to double secure EVERYTHING, right down to, and including, $2 canteens.

This is especially true in Army Airborne units or units that have a lot of NCOs from Airborne units.

$2 dollar canteens hold priceless water.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:18:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Great pics.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Great pics.

more our on the way just got 60 more pages to go through.whent i get down to 30 pages i will put more up.should be about 20 -30 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:22:55 AM EDT
[#9]
For some reason i manage to tear the buttons out of my GI canteen pouches . I felt like a jackass when my canteen was draggin ass behind me dangling from a few feet of 550 but glad i had wrapped it up. . A good buddy deployed with the 34th cool picks .
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:09:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:17:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What scope is that in the last pic?
Pic

+1 I'm curious too. Anyone?

It could be the new short dot combat optic. Schmidt & Bender is producing them for the US now. 1.1-4x20
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:25:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:30:47 AM EDT
[#14]
great pics
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
great pics

+1hug.gif
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It could be the new short dot combat optic. Schmidt & Bender is producing them for the US now. 1.1-4x20

i don't think it's the s&b. i don't think they have that rear mounted turret or the straight tube.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone explain why some GIs wrap tape around the bottom third of the magazine?  

Also I kinda find it funny that some of the guys are using the M4s with the buttstock as short as they can go and their nose is being rammed onto a 1913 flat top rail.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Also I kinda find it funny that some of the guys are using the M4s with the buttstock as short as they can go and their nose is being rammed onto a 1913 flat top rail.

to secure a paracord mag pull.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

if you look up top closely at the m-14 mag it is taped but under the tape is 550 cord and the cord has a loop at the end of it.

dang got to type faster lol.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Um nose to charging handle, it is has to do with consistant cheekweld and a few other things. I run mine totaly closed all the time, the only exception is when using a 1-4x20 optic. Then it's one position out from totaly closed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#21]
There is a pic where the guys nose is 3 positions on the the flattop, his chin is at the charging handle.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#22]
I thought I'd throw some personal pics into the ring.

Here are some shots of my M16/M203 combo here in Iraq.  I'm part of an air assault infantry unit.  We originally operated in southwest Baghdad (the so-called "triangle of death) but now we are in Fallujah and Ramadi, staging out of TQ.

It makes me cry that my upper is not flat-top, but the A4 that I was originally issued had a damaged crown, so I was happy to swap.

Normally I also have an AN/PEQ-2A infrared illuminator/laser designator on there, but it was damaged just before I took these shots.

http://i1.tinypic.com/mj78l4.jpg

http://i1.tinypic.com/mj79k9.jpg

http://i1.tinypic.com/mj7bpe.jpg
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Thanks, great pics.  They do make me feel like I'm getting old, especially the 3rd pic.  That guy looks like he's 12!

That's what I was thinking.  Some of those guys don't look any older than my 16 year old son.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Isn't this interesting to see that they wear another "upper"??

http://www.socom.mil/Gallery/Army/FID%20in%20PI.jpg
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Phoebus, that is one FILTHY rifle

I LOVE it! Stay safe!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#27]
tag
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Phoebus, that is one FILTHY rifle

No argument there, at least on the outside!  Rest assured, though, that Hoppes No. 9, Militech, and a Tuf-Cloth have been lovingly applied to all necessary interior parts.  The talc-like sand here ensures that no "beautiful on the outside" safe queens can exist for long!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pic

+1  looks like a short dot or the Horus Talon 1x4

I guess it could also be a Leupold MRT 1.5 x5
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Another nice pic..... EOTechs...

www.socom.mil/Releases/Nov/Force%20Reconnaissance%20Marines%20conduct%20live-fire%20training%20on%20the%20flight%20deck%20aboard%20USS%20Bonhomme%20Richard%20(LHD-6).jpg

I wonder what these soldiers opinions of the EOTechs are?  I've tried EOTechs multiple times, and I've never liked it.  They seem too fuzzy and the circle around the dot seems more of a distraction than it is useful.  I've tried  to like EOTechs, but I prefer an aimpoint. hinking.gif
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

A bipod on a carbine.........................what a poser.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Not a short dot.  Least not a current model.  Looks like one cept the SB has no turret on the rear.  It has three around the middle.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

www.socom.mil/Gallery/Army/FID%20in%20PI.jpg

now it is in, you must have another upper on your body to be conisdered "high speed low drag"
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:02:47 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

now it is in, you must have another upper on your body to be conisdered "high speed low drag"

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Those guys are from the philippines. Still dont get why tho.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/crazyhorse507/CSA-2006-01-09-102848.jpg

A bipod on a carbine.........................what a poser.

I was about to comment.  

I thought I was the only one with a bipod on a carbine.  

- BG
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#38]
550 cord on weapon mounted sensitive items is a no go.  get some wire from the mechanics.  id carry an extra upper, a beowulf.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#39]
guys sorry for the pics being down through CRAP BUCKET. but atleast you can still see the pics by clicking on the HI-RES link below the picture.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
550 cord on weapon mounted sensitive items is a no go.  get some wire from the mechanics.  id carry an extra upper, a beowulf.

550 cord melts or gets cut, wire snaps or gets cut.

We used wire at first, but it kept breaking from field use, so now we use 550 cord.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

As mentioned it's to hold the 550 cord loop, but it also keeps the mags quiet when they are in your pouch.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As mentioned it's to hold the 550 cord loop, but it also keeps the mags quiet when they are in your pouch.

After a while the tape gets sticky too. Improves the grip. As far as the stocks when ur CQB'n you want that bitch short . And u also want to zero witht he same cheek weld and feild of view your gonna be firing with so alot fo guys bring it in nose to charging handle easy refrence . The guys that keep them fully extended i dont understand to me thats uber uncomfortable to shoot..
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Notice how many are not using BUIS?

That's cause we can't get 'em fast enough.  MATECH is the standard sight now, and we're not buying too many off-the-shelf BUIS anymore.  

Rapid Equipping Force did a great job getting some kind of optic to just about everyone in the line.  Still a few billets that aren't authorized, but not many.  Same for taclites, though there are lots of different ones in use.  

I'll leave it to you to guess who gets suppressors and high power optics in conventional units.

Dummy cord is a good thing, especially when it takes a loooooooong time to get new gear.  Also help prevent you from paying for gear that you don't get to keep.

What do you guys think about those Matechs? I use one on a 4gery and like it... I was wondering how they hold up under extreme use... The worst environment mine has seen was a little snow and rain at the range...  How are they holding up in combat?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

After a while the tape gets sticky too. Improves the grip. As far as the stocks when ur CQB'n you want that bitch short . And u also want to zero witht he same cheek weld and feild of view your gonna be firing with so alot fo guys bring it in nose to charging handle easy refrence . The guys that keep them fully extended i dont understand to me thats uber uncomfortable to shoot..

I only pull my stock one click and my squad leader thinks I'm kinda silly for it, but I just point out who his SDM is and that I'm one of the top shooters out to 500M for the troop.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:26:32 AM EDT
[#45]
I say again, the mystery scope is not a Horus, not a S&B, it is a C-More variable with a dot reticle. That's my brigade in the picture, and we have a fair number of them.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:43:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Tagged.    

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:48:05 AM EDT
[#47]
I never pulled my stock further than the 1st detent.  I'm a small guy to begin with, but add a bunch of body armor and my Ephod vest, and there was no way I would be able to get a good cheek weld if it was pulled any further.  A lot of guys in my platoon also would tape their stocks.  We did this to make sure that the release lever was never accidentally engaged during movement or insertion from helos.  The only problem with this is that some of the guys with beards found that eventully the tape would start to roll up around the edges and caught their wiskers.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:25:05 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

550 cord melts or gets cut, wire snaps or gets cut.

We used wire at first, but it kept breaking from field use, so now we use 550 cord.

not trying to start any argument here, but i have used 550 cord for many, many things.  one thing it hasnt done yet is get burned through.  you see i have used 550 cord as an exhaust hanger......been holding strong for a year now.  yes, i am a west coast redneck.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top