AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:31:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:36:29 AM EDT
[#2]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

I would ask that all those seeking EXTRA money e.g. compensation/incentive/undeserved-blood-money-profitting-off-the-misery-of-others,
PLEASE TAKE YOUR HIDES ELSEWHERE.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted By _DR

Kiss my ass, I paid $1200 in cold hard earned cash for my preban EA15 Coal Valley at the height of the ban. How is recouping my money and at least breaking even undeserved just because you are unwilling to pay the price? It seems to me you are the one who wants to profit from the circumstances now. Nobody offered me a free ride when I wanted a preban, I had to fork out the cash. So take YOUR "proffitting-off-the-misery-of others" bs elsewhere.

I'm not above helping out where possible, but not with this kind of Holier-than-thou rhetoric.

Great post _DR !!,

I offered guaranteed prebans on a 2/1 offer. 1 stripped lower, plus one w/ internals, roughly $250 value. However.....

Some people just kill me.
I received lots of emails on the lowers, and those of you that want to offer me 150 shipped for a complete lower that recently sold for around 600 can KISS MYASS.
Hell I can't even replace it for that.
I understand that AWB is gone for the masses, and previous preban pricing is gone, but don't forget some of us paid premium pricing to have evil features, and I ain't no freaking goodwill. My offer for 2/1 was more than fair - hell even $300 - $350 is fair and yet some of you who still must buy "preban" to add the features you want feel as though we that don't fall under AWB b/s owe you something.
WTF!!!
Have some respect jackass.
VALUE IS SET BY WHAT A PERSON IS WILLING TO PAY FOR SOMETHING. If you want f/h & working retractable stock, then you will probably have to pay just a tad more than what a post series lower goes for, but not less! (unless you want a beaten/worn out pos)
I 'm in no way trying to recoup - I put an offer out so some of you in oppressed states could join in with the masses that can have evil features, and you have the audacity to send me an email offering $150 SHIPPED for a complete "preban" lower. WTF people?!?!?
You dont deserve jacksh1t!!!!!
I now wish I wouldn't have even bothered, because of you welfare dependent disgusting low-life pos jerkoffs!

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:46:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I will... buy a new complete lower for you.

Fed.

Looking to entrap someone from a free-state in a straw-man purchase.

Beware.

I don't think this would be considered a straw purchase.  If I walked into a shop, bought a lower/rifle, then walked out and handed it to you ...that's a straw purchase.

Since the new lower/rifle will never be in his possession or transferred to him, I don't see the problem.

If my concept of a straw purchase is incorrect, feel free to educate me.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:05:35 AM EDT
[#4]
**UPDATE** on great deal on guaranteed preban complete lowers.......

I have 3 2 lowers I will part with - I would like to get a lower with internals and a stripped lower, or the cash to purchase one. Basically 2/1 - you will get a preban lower for approx $250
($150 for lower w/internals, $100 for stripped)

I have EA and PWA Commando - all in great condition, and guaranteed preban status.

Email for pics/questions/info

SGW sold PF for $250 & s/h

Trade/cash deal for the other pending     NOW only $500 ea!!!!!!!!! WOW!
**  you can thank your fellow jerkoff greedy unreasonble low-lifes!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:30:47 AM EDT
[#5]
$300 OR $350 for a pre-ban is not a bad deal at all.   Mark in CT has Texas Tactical sending me an EOTech 551.A65  with an August birthdate and I'm shipping him my lower.  This is for an EA cast lower that is in 95-98% condition.  EA has always gone for less, but there has been no real reason.   Anyone wanting to trade a new bushmaster for ANY preban is fucking crazy and they might as well quit wasting everyone's time.  

I've come across several people wanting to offer at least that much or more for my lower.  I took Mark's offer because he was ready and wasn't screwing around.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:05:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I will... buy a new complete lower for you.

Fed.

Looking to entrap someone from a free-state in a straw-man purchase.

Beware.

Not a Fed, not a straw man purchase.  Whoever takes posession of the new lower has to fill out a 4473 and go through the NICS process at the dealer.  I don't see your point.  
If it makes you happy I will just pay you the cost of a new lower.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:15:09 AM EDT
[#7]
A lot of emotion going on here from a few, if you dont want to get rid of your "pre-ban" rifle or lower to someone in a ban state then move on, we arent all welfare collecting scum here in NY, I am a proffessional raising a family and have always maintained a self supporting gun hobby because my family comes first, and believe me, for what I pay in taxes here I could probably support another family in a different state. Having said that it has not been feasible or necessarily worth the money in the past to buy a "pre-ban" rifle for me.

Now that you people are free from the ban your "pre-ban" rifles no longer have that status and in your home states are worth no more than a former "post-ban" rifle and in some cases less as some of the "pre-ban" lowers werent all that great of quality and the only real value they have had of late is due to the ban. Well, if you dont care to help someone out that is your prerogitive but there are plenty so far that have been gracious enough to do just that. Think about the economics of the situation, how many"pre-ban" rifles are floating around now in a country with 50 states, now only 7 states have a ban, do you think that you will have a large market for long to sell that rifle for any big money? I highly doubt it. I am finalizing a trade right now with a fellow arfcommer, his "pre-ban" EA lower for my like new Bushmaster "post-ban" and enough cash tocover his expenses, so what makes this deal attractive for him? He gets one of the best AR receivers money an buy that is forged and backed by Bushmaster and no money out of pocket, I get a "pre-ban" cast lower which is from a company no longer in business so hopefully it wont brake (NOTE I have seen the lower in question and know the reputation of the man who is trading it to me, both are excellant and I have no reservations, just making a point) but take good care of my weapons and do not anticipate problems. This man has realised the current value of his lower and has also realised that he could bless someone else that cannot benefit from the death of the ban only by the good graces of someone like himself.

I reiterate; If you dont want to participate and still think your lower is worth so much money, keep it and leave the rest of the people involved here be. And I do have to agree with the "economic lesson", it is very true and has happened to all of us, we dont like it much either but thats part of the game, ask people who have Vector Uzi's and paid an arm and leg for one only to have Vector drop there price so low that anyone having purchased one just days before automatically lost several hundred dollars from the value of their Uzi's just that quick.

Jeff
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:29:52 AM EDT
[#8]
both sides of opinions need to settle down.  people need to explain what they have as far as lowers go, and give an idea of what they expect in return.  The people wanting to buy or trade for a pre-ban (and yes, they are pre-ban since that is why some people are looking for them right now) should read through the posts and find something they can work with.  that's all.  nobody should have to explain what they put into a rifle years ago and we don't need to hear any explanation of why what someone is asking might be more than they can afford.  there is no point.  

this thread has been f'ed up and will no longer facilitate anyone getting what they want.  nice going- all of the bickering has made this thread very fucking annoying to try to read.

it looks like everything will have to go to the WTB and WTS boards.   that truly is a shame because they are going to end up on the 5th page of each section.  you guys were supposed to take advantage of this thread and use it to be able to instantly scroll through a list of people willing to give up their beloved lowers (whether they are worth what they used to be or not) and find something that suits you and get your business done.  now, you have to scroll through each and every WTS thread to see what exactly it is someone wants.  guess what- 80% of the lowers offered up in this thread will NOT be in the WTS boards.  these people were trying to help someone out.  they don't need to take shit for it.

like i just stated a few posts ago- three people in CT were very anxious to get my lower and work out deals.  One person immediately offered me what I was asking for in value through another item.  He knew that my lower was what he wanted and bought me an eotech and it's on its way right now.  I am so glad he was one of the few grateful people looking for a lower and not one of the crybabies.  I got a great deal and he thinks he did as well.  We will both be happy because neither of us played any stupid games and got pissy.

LOOK AT IT THIS WAY- last year there were 50 states worth of people who wanted those particular pre-ban lowers.  This caused a $150 lower to be worth $600 to some people.  that's quite a big increase in value.  now, there are only 7 states full of people who want those particular lowers.  that original premium of $450 should really only now be 1/7 of what it was.  

you are still going to have to pay a premium for these lowers.  sure, not as much of a premium but there will still be one.  besides, i'm sure only 25% of the people with lowers that they bought as "pre-bans" are going to be looking to sell them.  so, what should the premium be now?  i think we are now looking at a premium somewhere around half of what it was.  pretty far from zero for sure.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
now, there are only 7 states full of people who want those particular lowers.

I'm in California, I am glad to hear I can now buy a lower.  Funny, I thought it was against the law here but I guess I was wrong.  Other than NY, CT, MA and CA, what are the other 3 states whose bans allow "new" "pre-ban" lowers to be imported?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:38:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I have another Colt lower for sale to someone in a restricted state.  It's an SP1 lower with all internals, pistol grip, but no buttstock.  

I'm selling it for $375 +$10 for shipping, add 4% for paypal, because that's what it costs me to build a new Bushy lower with Colt guts.  Price is not negotiable.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ha everyone ,thanks for starting this topic CHAPPERJOE

I live in ma and before they passed the mass awb i bought 2 bushy lowers in the hope of making them in-to rifles the way they should be.......but now i can't    (a big thanks to the dam liberials in this state......)

so is anyone interested in trading in a 2 for 1 deal?  2 bushmaster lowers brand new for a 95%+bushmaster pre-ban lower(certified with a letter or if we can call bushmaster to make sure it left the factory as a complete rifle)

IM me if anyone is interested..

THANKS     BULLDOG

p.s. someday i will leave this state...........not soon enoughhr

I'm interested and live in NH. Have preban PWA lower in excellent shape. I tried to IM, I'm not sure if it went through. Let me know if your interested!

Roostah
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#12]
For anybody else, if Bulldog doesnt bite.

I have a preban PWA lower in easily 95% condition.  I live in NH and will be happy to help out those behind the lines. I'm only looking for a new ban-free Bushie lower.

1 for 1 good

2 for 1 even better.

PWA sn#23xxx (PWA's cut off was 35,222)
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:10:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Just a quick note to say that JC and I were able to complete our swap using my FFL and all went well.  I'm a happy camper and next week, at Knob Creek, I'll pickup a lower kit and be on my way once again!

Thanks, JC for the swap.  I hope you're satisfied as well.

Rome
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:06:08 PM EDT
[#14]
bump
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I had two succesful swaps using this (my ) thread.
I know MANY MANY MANY arfkommers who've been using it.
This could og on for a while.
Hope it does.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:48:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Guys
anyone else have a preban lower to do a deal.  Would prefer pwa, bushy.
thanks
pjc
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I had a good swap because of this thread. I have a new friend in NY and we both won. He should have his lower Monday or Tuesday at the latest. For the two people before him who said they would do the deal but backed out or disappeared I say this: I have no fucking idea what you were thinking but you wasted my time and yours and you lost out on having a pre-ban receiver for the price of a new bushy lower.

I'm just glad a decent person ended up with it. I was very fond of that lower and ate a $500.00 loss because it was the right thing to do...hell I got to use it for the last 10 years in its pre-ban form and have always said I would be glad to see the value fall if the ban would go away.

Bob
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Tagged for when I get some more money  

$200 and counting... slowly counting

Dern college budget

- BG
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:30:32 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a Preban PWA, I've bene getting bites, but no hook. All I want is a Ban Free Bushie, preferably with LE/Mil Only markings.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:57:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Roostah
email sent
pjc
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:08:03 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'm in California, I am glad to hear I can now buy a lower.  Funny, I thought it was against the law here but I guess I was wrong.  Other than NY, CT, MA and CA, what are the other 3 states whose bans allow "new" "pre-ban" lowers to be imported?

You still can NOT buy a AR lower in CA unless it's a FAB-10, a DPMS single shot or some other sort of "neutered" AR...no "normal" AR is allowed for sale in CA be it pre-94, post-94 or post 2004...
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:31:11 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I had a good swap because of this thread. I have a new friend in NY and we both won. He should have his lower Monday or Tuesday at the latest. For the two people before him who said they would do the deal but backed out or disappeared I say this: I have no fucking idea what you were thinking but you wasted my time and yours and you lost out on having a pre-ban receiver for the price of a new bushy lower.

I'm just glad a decent person ended up with it. I was very fond of that lower and ate a $500.00 loss because it was the right thing to do...hell I got to use it for the last 10 years in its pre-ban form and have always said I would be glad to see the value fall if the ban would go away.

Bob

+1....er 2 actually.

Free bump

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:56:38 AM EDT
[#23]
I have just one question, and I apologize if it's already been asked (I don't have time to read 7 pages as my daughter wants Daddy's attention right now).

I'm all for the idea, and ready to say "let's do it" as I do have a precious pre-ban Bushmaster lower... BUT what are the odds that any new legislation will be retro-active?  I've heard SEVERAL politicians mention that any new bill they bring out will have a retro-active clause in it to cover all these new no-bans we're buying in droves.

Anyway, if enough of you can make me feel good about it, I'll go Bushy for Bushy
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:01:21 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I have just one question, and I apologize if it's already been asked (I don't have time to read 7 pages as my daughter wants Daddy's attention right now).

I'm all for the idea, and ready to say "let's do it" as I do have a precious pre-ban Bushmaster lower... BUT what are the odds that any new legislation will be retro-active?  I've heard SEVERAL politicians mention that any new bill they bring out will have a retro-active clause in it to cover all these new no-bans we're buying in droves.

Anyway, if enough of you can make me feel good about it, I'll go Bushy for Bushy

Zero....Less than zero.

There is a term for it (and my old ass cant rmemeber it) but it moreless means they cant outlaw past things....

If they make new legislation, it can be more stringent, it can be a lot of things, but it cant backdate. It goes from then on.

I will edit when I find the term or it comes to me...

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:09:52 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Zero....Less than zero.

There is a term for it (and my old ass cant rmemeber it) but it moreless means they cant outlaw past things....

If they make new legislation, it can be more stringent, it can be a lot of things, but it cant backdate. It goes from then on.

I will edit when I find the term or it comes to me...

Your thinking "Ex post defacto" or however you spell it. A retroactive ban would not be covered by that though.

Only if the retroactive ban passed later said that you could be procecuted for owning a gun today would it be an ex post defacto law.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:40:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Tag
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top