Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2024 4:12:24 PM EDT
I would be grateful for firsthand feedback of the 16 inch JP patrol rifle.

Specifically, I would like to know about the accuracy, reliability, and durability as well as the customer service of this rifle as I have never owned a JP.

Thank you in advance for sharing any feedback and experience.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:28:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I only have personal experience with various JP parts like their bolts and bcg, but they’re fantastic. The JP bolt i bought for my 308 is like a piece of jewelry.

JP is highly regarded in every way. I’d love to have one of their rifles.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:43:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: benjam8291] [#2]
I have one. One world to describe everything you are asking. STUNNING. Fit, finish, reliability and accuracy is absolutely amazing for a light/med contour 13.5”, function and their service is amazing. I have owned most of the premium brands and I put this literally at the top of the list. Pricey but not terrible , wait times a little long.  I have plans to order another one.

Their upgraded duty trigger system is the best I have ever encountered, hands down, I have Geissele and Larue triggers. Others that have shot it have agreed.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one of their 20" 308

Top tier, everything about it.

That said, JP are competition guns and not really in the same conversation as stuff like LMT, KAC and a handful of others. To me it'd be something to compete or hunt with. I'm grabbing my LMT for the post nuclear wasteland.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:07:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Have had 2 of their AR15's. Top notch for sure.

Here's a nice group:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:55:36 AM EDT
[#5]
They're perfectly fine.  Are they worth the coin?  That's debatable, but what isn't is the fact that they are excellent shooters and well put-together.  People will claim they're just for games, but they would be wrong.  Unless you try to eliminate every last ounce of recoil by tuning them to be on the edge of failure, they'll function just as well as pretty much any other gun, and give you a perfectly acceptable service life.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks all for the feedback!
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:56:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Princeton] [#7]
I had a JP rifle that was a 20” heavy barrel target style. It was ridiculously accurate and was 100% reliable.
Sold it when my wife got sick and miss it still.
Wish I could afford to replace it!

Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top