Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2024 7:19:34 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'm working on my first 80% lower with. 5d tactical router jig. I am just putting this thing together and the lower won't fit into the takedown adapter. The gap between the holes for the takedown pin it just a bit too small. Have any of you had this issue before? Do I just need to get a different 80% lower?

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Got any pics?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#2]
It tried to upload some but I can’t seem to figure out how to do it from my phone.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Who makes the lower?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:59:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Go ahead and put your front pivot pin in the lower and you can just use that instead of the 5D pin to secure the lower
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:00:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VinceU1] [#5]
I was having problems with the 5D jig getting some lowers to put pins in the right locations.  I finally measured the spacing between between the take down pins and had to turn the forward pin location around to get the pin locations correct. There was a .012 difference between there they were and where they should be.
Also, make sure that you mill the bottom of the well to the correct depth, I had to get a depth mic to make sure of this one. I didn't check this measurement on my first lower and had to cut it approximately 0.015" deeper to get the trigger to function correctly.
Also #2, lye (caustic soda) is your best bud.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top