Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2023 11:10:23 PM EDT
I tried amphibian's combo of a A5 tube with a Kynshot RB5007 buffer and Tubbs flat spring on a gas gun and liked it... so much so thought I'd try it with an AA upper.

It won't lock back on empty mag. Wondered if anyone else had experienced this??  

Locked back fine with a standard setup. Maybe the 5007 is too heavy?
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 8:44:45 AM EDT
[#1]
If it is an Adams Arms kit you are running I don't have any direct experience with them but I do run an Osprey OPS-416 kit on amphibians A5 combo.

It is my blaster setup (14.5") on a full auto lower and runs great. My 300 BLK upper runs fine on the same lower which truly surprised me.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it's an adam arms complete 16" carbine upper... not a kit install.

I've got the 308 Tubbs spring in it, but I'm also running that in my gas setup w/o any problem locking back on an empty mag.

Maybe the spring needs to be trimmed down.

At least the recoil is nice!
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:44:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Blowout:
Yes, it's an adam arms complete 16" carbine upper... not a kit install.

I've got the 308 Tubbs spring in it, but I'm also running that in my gas setup w/o any problem locking back on an empty mag.

Maybe the spring needs to be trimmed down.

At least the recoil is nice!
View Quote

I think that 308 spring might be the problem here, I run the Tubb AR15 spring model ARBUF. I agree the recoil impulse is very nice and smooth.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 11:54:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Clicker58:

I think that 308 spring might be the problem here, I run the Tubb AR15 spring model ARBUF. I agree the recoil impulse is very nice and smooth.
View Quote

I've got another flat spring I can try out. It did seem more difficult to lock the bolt back manually too.

A friend came to join us shooting with his AA carbine upper and std lower spring and buffer setup. He noticed the difference.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#5]
So not trying to hijack thread but what is a good buffer and spring setup for an AA carbine upper?
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 4:12:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I just ordered a standard AR15 tubb spring to try in place of the 308 spring.

I'll make sure to take another lower to the range with a standard length buffer tube with a Kynshot rb5000 (std length) buffer just in case the above spring change doesn't work out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 5:44:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Finally had a chance to take the rifle out and test the standard AR15 Tubbs spring. Worked flawlessly through about 200 rds.

Fast doubles, no troubles!

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top