BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 13
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 12:46:27 AM EDT
[#1]
id like to build a clone for a family member without them knowing.  they're a pj, and are still stationed overseas now.  won't say anything else opsec and just shouldn't I assume.  if anyone can lead me in the right direction for links with parts or lists would be great.  or pm.  ty in advance.  would like to gift him something upon his arrival back stateside.  was considering a custom pistol.  not sure what they use.  wanted to maybe get a 1911 done up nice with their  logo and 'that others may live' engraved.

cheers!  great thread from the 4 pages I've read so far!
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 2:01:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 413dan:
id like to build a clone for a family member without them knowing.  they're a pj, and are still stationed overseas now.  won't say anything else opsec and just shouldn't I assume.  if anyone can lead me in the right direction for links with parts or lists would be great.  or pm.  ty in advance.  would like to gift him something upon his arrival back stateside.  was considering a custom pistol.  not sure what they use.  wanted to maybe get a 1911 done up nice with their  logo and 'that others may live' engraved.

cheers!  great thread from the 4 pages I've read so far!
View Quote

If you’re wanting to get him something that would be a “clone” of something he’s carried, a 1911 ain’t it.

I’ve seen PJs with M9s and Glocks. I’d also assume M18s are now in there somewhere as the AF has almost fully transitioned over from the M9.

@413dan
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 9:01:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AMMOTECH] [#3]
Bump....

Members of the 6th Special Operations Squadron use a tablet to upload coordinates during an exercise showcasing the capabilities of the Advanced Battle Management System at Duke Field, Fla.

Special tactics airmen from the 24th Special Operations Wing sprint toward an objective at Fort Sill, Okla. during Exercise Gunslinger 17.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 12:08:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: macbrun] [#4]
mistake here. sorry
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 12:10:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: macbrun] [#5]
Originally Posted By RJeff21:

If you’re wanting to get him something that would be a “clone” of something he’s carried, a 1911 ain’t it.

I’ve seen PJs with M9s and Glocks. I’d also assume M18s are now in there somewhere as the AF has almost fully transitioned over from the M9.

@413dan
View Quote

The USAF has barely begun transitioning to the M18, unfortunately.
Most, if not all (not sure about the 24th) PJs are running with Glock 19s, they haven't used M9s for several years now.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:36:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By macbrun:
The USAF has barely begun transitioning to the M18, unfortunately.
Most, if not all (not sure about the 24th) PJs are running with Glock 19s, they haven't used M9s for several years now.
View Quote

“Unfortunately” because they’ve only barely begun the transition, or for some other reason?  USAF does tend to wind up last in line for “new” small arms, even AFSOC.  

My one SpecOps contact, who retired a couple years ago, apparently ran a G19 in all of his deployments.  It seems like they’re ubiquitous (and thus probably well supported), but the whole “standardization” thing should drive everybody using - or at least having access to - essentially the same equipment, right?
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By GHPorter:

“Unfortunately” because they’ve only barely begun the transition, or for some other reason?  USAF does tend to wind up last in line for “new” small arms, even AFSOC.  

My one SpecOps contact, who retired a couple years ago, apparently ran a G19 in all of his deployments.  It seems like they’re ubiquitous (and thus probably well supported), but the whole “standardization” thing should drive everybody using - or at least having access to - essentially the same equipment, right?
View Quote

"Unfortunately" because they've only just begun, but they'll get there. USAF was on the tail end of the M9 migration as well (I was there at that time.). It seems USAF Security Forces are the first to get the M18. Aircrew may get them next, though some are getting the new takedown version of the M4 in their survival kits. My son, currently a PJ, says the community has not even mentioned going to the M18. He was recently issued a new Gen 5 Glock 19. From what I understand (and please, this is not a blanket statement) it seems most of the special operators out there run G19s, not the current service pistol. Even SEALs have moved from the MK25 to Glocks. Personally, I love Sig products, but then I don't "operate specially".
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 10:43:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Recent footage of USAF Special Ops weapons.

U.S. Air Force Special Operators | PJ, TACP, CCT, SR

Link Posted: 4/18/2021 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AMMOTECH:
Recent footage of USAF Special Ops weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1E3JgfCyEg

View Quote

At the beginning during the room clearing, they’re running some form of MLOK FSB rail. Any idea what it is?

Also - would most of these M4s be SOCOM profile or Gov’t profile barrels?
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Super_Trouper:

At the beginning during the room clearing, they’re running some form of MLOK FSB rail. Any idea what it is?

View Quote

TROY/VTAC  Delta rail
Link to rail

Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:56:15 PM EDT
[#11]
What happened to all the current photos from the USAF at Firing Range with ACOG & SF SOCOM Suppressors mounted?
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 2:25:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Bumping an old thread.

This seems like a build I want to do next.  I just read through all the pages.  Is there an “official” list of correct parts?  The only thing I can find standard (?) is the omega rail and vltor stock.  What about grips, optics, muzzle device, light, etc?
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:31:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RichieRich562:
Bumping an old thread.

This seems like a build I want to do next.  I just read through all the pages.  Is there an “official” list of correct parts?  The only thing I can find standard (?) is the omega rail and vltor stock.  What about grips, optics, muzzle device, light, etc?
View Quote

Just got back from a recent deployment with some STS guys. Rifles had BCM Mod 0 black stocks, aimpoint micros in Larue mounts, uppers were a mix bag of Geisele URGIs in 10.3/DD 10.3/DD 14.5s, Glock 19s with or without RMRs, and some had Surefire suppressors.  Wish I had some pictures but didn’t get any.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 1:20:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Breathing a tiny bit of life into this thread.  Currently working on a 212th RQS rifle.

Link Posted: 3/30/2022 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Rifle setup heavily influenced by those of the 212th Rescue Squadron.  I am currently opting to use a Surefire suppressor like other AFSOC units while they have moved over to OSS.

Link Posted: 1/26/2023 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 1:21:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:31:49 AM EDT
[#20]
I had some cool surplus parts lying around, and got into an inexpensive Troy Delta. The problem was I had too many 14.5" 5.56 ARs to justify another one. So, on Black Friday, I copped a CMMG conversion kit and  .22lr M4 barrel cheap, and a BoreBuddy reliability kit-and built out an AFSOC M4/Garand Thumb's Work Gun for high volume training and smoking varmints. I'm really happy with how it's going so far.

I have a FN Collectors M4 lower sitting in a box to switch over to. I still need a sling setup (IWC mount in slot sling mount?), light/light mount, and a rimfire suppressor that doesn't look tacky. I'm also going to hit the Black Dog magazines with some dry film lube, and make some magpulls out of 550 cord and 100mph tape, to make them look more GI-ish and less like toy rimfire mags.

Build as it stands:
Demco dogbone upper
Demco contract CH
CMMG .22lr BCG
CMMG 16" M4 profile barrel
Borebuddy rifle reliability kit and silent collar
Surplus A2 FH
Troy Delta handguard and AFG

FN lower
Schmid Tool GI Nuts LPK
Surplus A2 grip (I have a Tangodown somewhere I may swap in)
Colt overrun buffer system
Surplus Vltor clubfoot

PST2 1-6/ADM Recon mount
KAC 300m rear

https://i.imgur.com/ljESTpJ.jpeg
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:46:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By WhiffedReload:
I had some cool surplus parts lying around, and got into an inexpensive Troy Delta. The problem was I had too many 14.5" 5.56 ARs to justify another one. So, on Black Friday, I copped a CMMG conversion kit and  .22lr M4 barrel cheap, and a BoreBuddy reliability kit-and built out an AFSOC M4/Garand Thumb's Work Gun for high volume training and smoking varmints. I'm really happy with how it's going so far.

I have a FN Collectors M4 lower sitting in a box to switch over to. I still need a sling setup (IWC mount in slot sling mount?), light/light mount, and a rimfire suppressor that doesn't look tacky. I'm also going to hit the Black Dog magazines with some dry film lube, and make some magpulls out of 550 cord and 100mph tape, to make them look more GI-ish and less like toy rimfire mags.

Build as it stands:
Demco dogbone upper
Demco contract CH
CMMG .22lr BCG
CMMG 16" M4 profile barrel
Borebuddy rifle reliability kit and silent collar
Surplus A2 FH
Troy Delta handguard and AFG

FN lower
Schmid Tool GI Nuts LPK
Surplus A2 grip (I have a Tangodown somewhere I may swap in)
Colt overrun buffer system
Surplus Vltor clubfoot

PST2 1-6/ADM Recon mount
KAC 300m rear

https://i.imgur.com/ljESTpJ.jpeg
View Quote

Page / 13
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top