Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/18/2024 12:15:48 AM EDT
I saw some at the range today, but I didn't get a chance to ask the guy about them before he left. They were painted tan, but looked like they had sand or something underneath the paint, so create a rough textured finish. I assume this is to help get a better grip on them? He also had what appeared to be Magpul L plates on them. Has anyone ever done this? If so, what did you use?
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 12:30:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably the Okay SureFeed E2.   No longer in production.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 1:26:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Now that I look at those, I belive that is what it was.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Try some skateboard tape or add something to Duracoat or Ceracoat.

Link Posted: 2/18/2024 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 10:37:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BobinNC] [#5]
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:
I saw some at the range today, but I didn't get a chance to ask the guy about them before he left. They were painted tan, but looked like they had sand or something underneath the paint, so create a rough textured finish. I assume this is to help get a better grip on them? He also had what appeared to be Magpul L plates on them. Has anyone ever done this? If so, what did you use?
View Quote

Skate board tape on Metal Mags.

Gorilla Anti-Slip Tread Tape, 2" x 10' Roll, Black

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 12:47:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Why?  Just why?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top