Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/3/2024 1:10:56 PM EDT
Do you prefer/use the gas restricter or gas bypass function of the gas block?

For those not familiar with the SA gas block, you have the option of either turning the gas down like a conventional adjustable gas block, or leave it wide open and vent/bypass excess gas out the front.

Tony

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 3:12:32 PM EDT
[#1]
In for feedback.  I have one on that 12"lw I just got from you but have not made it to the range yet.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 4:41:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Big-Bore] [#2]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:26:02 PM EDT
[#3]
When I got into form 1 suppressors I bought a few with the intention of running them strictly in the bleed off mode.

I ran one on my first 458 Socom barrel which was a 10.5" of yours (side note the .875" gas block required a straight gas tube) which I ran only in the bleed off configuration. It has since been moved to my 11.5" 50AE upper and for a reason I can't recall off hand I switched to running it in the normal restrictive style. I'm going to have to do some digging and see if I can jog my memory, I haven't been shooting as much these past two years.

Currently have a .750" in bleed off configuration on my Paladin 12.5" Socom barrel and have another ready to go on my 7" Socom barrel once that's done being cut. Built my 16" Beo with carbine length gas and no adjustable block as I never thought I would run subs through it, I should've known better.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:27:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I run one with my 10.5" Tromix in restrictive mode.  I try to find the right settings for it to run for each specific load with and without a suppressor.  I don't really use the bleed-off for it at all.

For full power loads, I've found that they need to have a decent amount of restriction to be "optimal".  I want to say like 5 clicks out from closed?  It's been almost a couple of years since I've got out to the range with it (or any firearm), unfortunately.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:05:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I use them on both .50 Beowulf and .458 SOCOM. Both are in restrictive mode. They work great.

I did however have the outside of the gas block refinished with Cerakote C Series Armor Black. I hate that massive logo on the side.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top